“Very Tired” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma
“Very Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very tired property in need of updating. A/C noisy, sleep number bed did not work, very small bathroom, and numerous areas throughout the room of shoddy repairs. Wi-Fi did not work. Room is functional and next to airport. Decent breakfast.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Clarion Inn Tulsa Airport meets the need for reasonable comfort, value, convenience to airport, free breakfast, free airport shuttle, small fitness center and outdoor pool. This is not the Ritz and it needs updating but it meets the needs very well for those on a budget. I think I paid about $90 total, wasn't going to spend a lot of time in the room anyway so this was fine. Sports Bar restaurant is acceptable for other meals. Business Center rounded out my needs but also had free wifi in the room. In-window (more or less) air conditioning/heat was a bit noisy and you will hear the sound of some of the airport traffic, but if you are after something in Tulsa nearer downtown or whatever, go stay there. Staying at the hotel across the street will cost you $149 plus tax. The folks at the front desk are very nice but with only one person, you will find yourself standing for a while to get served. I prefer a first floor room looking in toward the pool if you have a choice. Very soft bed but lots of pillows and everything seemed clean.

Room Tip: first floor overseeing the pool might dampen the noise from the airport a bit
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I needed a hotel to stay in the night before an early morning flight. Check in was no problem, I asked if there was anywhere to eat I was told in the bar area there was food. Our room was fine it looked clean. We went back to the bar/ lounge area to get some food. I was travelling with my 5 year old so I had to ask if it was okay if she came in, which it was. They had hot dogs and nachos help yourself. Hot dogs were good. If you are looking for a more substantial meal or gourmet food then you will be disappointed.

For us it was perfect to be able to get something right away and get back to our room. The lady working in the bar was very nice.

The big reason I picked this hotel was for their shuttle service. We needed it at 5am and then 11.30PM on our return. Both times shuttle was there within minutes.

I gave this hotel 4 stars because it was excellent for what we needed it for. The room was clean, shuttle was on time and staff were friendly. I would use again in the future if I have an early morning flight leaving from Tulsa.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Bentonville, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is old and outdated. The rooms were very small. There was a smell in the room especially in the bathroom it was sickening. One of those places you don't want to take your shoes off. Even the doors were scratched up completely and the baseboard linings were coming off. It wasn't horribly dirty but you wouldn't be able to tell much because the bathrooms were so old. Bed seemed ok but was hard. Shower was very very loud and we heard every door close and open and every conversation in the other rooms.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I called ahead to this hotel to make sure we would have shuttle service to the airport, explaining that my husband was unable to walk well. They assured me the shuttle would take us to the airport at 4:30 am. The driver did not show up to work. At 4:45, the lady at the front desk told us to walk to the airport with no apology whatsoever. I stopped someone driving there and begged a ride for us or we would have missed our trip.
The beds are lumpy...hotel is very dated.

Room Tip: Choose the Hilton Garden instead!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

We actually weren't flying, so the good Priceline rate was what appealed to us. I mistakenly thought the rate was so low because it was a weeknight in the middle of January, so we thought we were getting a great deal on a nice, 3-star hotel. Before Priceline revealed the secret hotel (we used Express Deals), they said it was going to be a Hyatt, Courtyard Marriott, Double Tree, etc. (or something similar). Wow was that way off! Okay, in no particular order, here are some of the things we experienced:

* Overall hotel vibe: very outdated and old look with a musty smell, carpet stains in the hallway and weird, creepy layout (incredibly long, maze-like hallways)

* Breakfast: Worse than the bland, mediocre continental breakfast you'd expect. When the manager walked around asking how everything was. I felt sorry for her since she doesn't control the quality but was nice enough to ask everyone how their experience was.

* Rooms: Where to begin? The doors are all beat-up and the bathroom door didn't even shut all the way. Cleanliness was atrocious. We didn't even take showers due to the gross factor. See photos of specific spots in the room that were unforgivable. In need of a remodel is one thing we could deal with given the low price, but the dirtiness, stained sheets, gum on the nightstand, etc. was too much to handle.

--Sleep Number beds: I thought it would be cool to try one of these. Unfortunately, the one in my parents' room was broken, so they had to sleep on essentially a deflated air mattress.

--A/C window unit: My poor husband had restless sleep all night because of that loud window unit shutting on and off.

* Refund: After all this, we tried to get a refund, but Andrea, the sales manager, had already put a few points (equivalent to half a night's stay or less at a Sleep Inn) on our accounts, so they refused to give Priceline the green light to give us any monetary compensation for our horrible experience. Obviously, if I would've known a refund was possible, I would've gone with that from the beginning. UPDATE: The accounts that the sales manager set up for my dad and me have ZERO points on them even though she said she would be putting 5,000 points on each (or 10,000 on one). Neither option has happened.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

The hotel is laid out strangely, but it was not a problem. Nice clean room and you hear absolutely no air traffic noise, whatsoever. Decent breakfast and the staff was pleasant.

For some reason, this airport hotel had one printer that did not work and the other one did not have an updated version of Adobe Reader so that we could print our bording passes for our flight the next day. It would also be extra nice if they had a scale in the lobby where travelers could check whether or not a bag is overweight or not before going to the airport. This is especially true for those guests, like us, who left home two weeks prior and after visiting the states of OK, KS, and MO, for two weeks, were returning home from Tulsa, after having made numerous purchases and received gifts. A number of airport hotels we have stayed at in the past do provide this nice little addition to weigh their baggage as it allow guests to readjust the weight from one suitcase to another, if one is over weight, in the privacy of their room, instead of frantically at the Airline check-in-counter getting their tickets. Just a thought and I am sure it would be greatly apprieciated by many other guests as well. We will certainly stay here again, but I will check to verify that they have updated their printer software prior to doing so.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road or airport runway are bound to be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport? Share your experiences!