“Choose Another ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Bentonville, AR
“Choose Another ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is old and outdated. The rooms were very small. There was a smell in the room especially in the bathroom it was sickening. One of those places you don't want to take your shoes off. Even the doors were scratched up completely and the baseboard linings were coming off. It wasn't horribly dirty but you wouldn't be able to tell much because the bathrooms were so old. Bed seemed ok but was hard. Shower was very very loud and we heard every door close and open and every conversation in the other rooms.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rogers, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I called ahead to this hotel to make sure we would have shuttle service to the airport, explaining that my husband was unable to walk well. They assured me the shuttle would take us to the airport at 4:30 am. The driver did not show up to work. At 4:45, the lady at the front desk told us to walk to the airport with no apology whatsoever. I stopped someone driving there and begged a ride for us or we would have missed our trip.
The beds are lumpy...hotel is very dated.

Room Tip: Choose the Hilton Garden instead!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We actually weren't flying, so the good Priceline rate was what appealed to us. I mistakenly thought the rate was so low because it was a weeknight in the middle of January, so we thought we were getting a great deal on a nice, 3-star hotel. Before Priceline revealed the secret hotel (we used Express Deals), they said it was going to be a Hyatt, Courtyard Marriott, Double Tree, etc. (or something similar). Wow was that way off! Okay, in no particular order, here are some of the things we experienced:

* Overall hotel vibe: very outdated and old look with a musty smell, carpet stains in the hallway and weird, creepy layout (incredibly long, maze-like hallways)

* Breakfast: Worse than the bland, mediocre continental breakfast you'd expect. When the manager walked around asking how everything was. I felt sorry for her since she doesn't control the quality but was nice enough to ask everyone how their experience was.

* Rooms: Where to begin? The doors are all beat-up and the bathroom door didn't even shut all the way. Cleanliness was atrocious. We didn't even take showers due to the gross factor. See photos of specific spots in the room that were unforgivable. In need of a remodel is one thing we could deal with given the low price, but the dirtiness, stained sheets, gum on the nightstand, etc. was too much to handle.

--Sleep Number beds: I thought it would be cool to try one of these. Unfortunately, the one in my parents' room was broken, so they had to sleep on essentially a deflated air mattress.

--A/C window unit: My poor husband had restless sleep all night because of that loud window unit shutting on and off.

* Refund: After all this, we tried to get a refund, but Andrea, the sales manager, had already put a few points (equivalent to half a night's stay or less at a Sleep Inn) on our accounts, so they refused to give Priceline the green light to give us any monetary compensation for our horrible experience. Obviously, if I would've known a refund was possible, I would've gone with that from the beginning. UPDATE: The accounts that the sales manager set up for my dad and me have ZERO points on them even though she said she would be putting 5,000 points on each (or 10,000 on one). Neither option has happened.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

The hotel is laid out strangely, but it was not a problem. Nice clean room and you hear absolutely no air traffic noise, whatsoever. Decent breakfast and the staff was pleasant.

For some reason, this airport hotel had one printer that did not work and the other one did not have an updated version of Adobe Reader so that we could print our bording passes for our flight the next day. It would also be extra nice if they had a scale in the lobby where travelers could check whether or not a bag is overweight or not before going to the airport. This is especially true for those guests, like us, who left home two weeks prior and after visiting the states of OK, KS, and MO, for two weeks, were returning home from Tulsa, after having made numerous purchases and received gifts. A number of airport hotels we have stayed at in the past do provide this nice little addition to weigh their baggage as it allow guests to readjust the weight from one suitcase to another, if one is over weight, in the privacy of their room, instead of frantically at the Airline check-in-counter getting their tickets. Just a thought and I am sure it would be greatly apprieciated by many other guests as well. We will certainly stay here again, but I will check to verify that they have updated their printer software prior to doing so.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main road or airport runway are bound to be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Had to stay here due to weather. Didn't want to risk not making my flight in the morning. Hotel has a maze of rooms. It took me a while to find my room. I of course parked at the opposite end. Front staff was friendly. Room i requested was available. I would stay here again. I didn't find any uncleanliness other reviews reported.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Stayed at Clarion Tulsa Airport the night before a flight. They charge $3 per night to leave my car parked there, sure beats other parking venues. Shuttle to and from on demand. Nice bar, bar food was okay but not great. Free breakfast was adequate, coffee maker in room, free wi-fi. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm flying. Room had Sleep Number mattress (which I didn't adjust).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Marionville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Clarion on a four night stay business trip this past week. As far as the rooms go, they're clean and well kept.

What was most impressive during this stay was the way their staff and management handled a problem.

Because we travel on business so much, and have special dietary needs, my wife and I bring most of our food with us. When we checked into the Clarion, their occupancy was high, and we needed a room with a refrigerator and microwave. We were very thankful that they still had one room with both. All went well when we checked in until we needed hot water, of which there wasn't any. The wing we were on had a boiler breakdown, which the staff believed would be fixed by the next day. While not very comfortable, not a big problem for us, as everyone can have a temporary equipment breakdown.

The next evening, still no hot water. Because we had to remain in our room that had the cooking facilities and couldn't move,the front desk staff readily offered a room just down the hall for us to use to shower. When we inquired the next morning as to the progress of the repair, Manager Andrea was very concerned about our comfort, gave us her business card, and was kind enough to offer to credit our stay for the nights with no hot water.

During the rest of our stay, every member of the front desk staff asked us frequently if we were doing okay, and was there any way that they could help. Thankfully, the boiler got fixed, the water got hot, and the week ended up on a very positive note.

What was most appreciated was the way the staff reacted to a problem. Again, staff and management were very concerned about our comfort, and on making it right. Not always the attitude found in businesses these days. Our thanks to Andrea and the Clarion! Will definitely stay again in the future, and would recommend to anyone for a business, pleasure, or family stay!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport? Share your experiences!