We actually weren't flying, so the good Priceline rate was what appealed to us. I mistakenly thought the rate was so low because it was a weeknight in the middle of January, so we thought we were getting a great deal on a nice, 3-star hotel. Before Priceline revealed the secret hotel (we used Express Deals), they said it was going to be a Hyatt, Courtyard Marriott, Double Tree, etc. (or something similar). Wow was that way off! Okay, in no particular order, here are some of the things we experienced:
* Overall hotel vibe: very outdated and old look with a musty smell, carpet stains in the hallway and weird, creepy layout (incredibly long, maze-like hallways)
* Breakfast: Worse than the bland, mediocre continental breakfast you'd expect. When the manager walked around asking how everything was. I felt sorry for her since she doesn't control the quality but was nice enough to ask everyone how their experience was.
* Rooms: Where to begin? The doors are all beat-up and the bathroom door didn't even shut all the way. Cleanliness was atrocious. We didn't even take showers due to the gross factor. See photos of specific spots in the room that were unforgivable. In need of a remodel is one thing we could deal with given the low price, but the dirtiness, stained sheets, gum on the nightstand, etc. was too much to handle.
--Sleep Number beds: I thought it would be cool to try one of these. Unfortunately, the one in my parents' room was broken, so they had to sleep on essentially a deflated air mattress.
--A/C window unit: My poor husband had restless sleep all night because of that loud window unit shutting on and off.
* Refund: After all this, we tried to get a refund, but Andrea, the sales manager, had already put a few points (equivalent to half a night's stay or less at a Sleep Inn) on our accounts, so they refused to give Priceline the green light to give us any monetary compensation for our horrible experience. Obviously, if I would've known a refund was possible, I would've gone with that from the beginning. UPDATE: The accounts that the sales manager set up for my dad and me have ZERO points on them even though she said she would be putting 5,000 points on each (or 10,000 on one). Neither option has happened.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Inn, a hotel in Tulsa,OK, near Tulsa International Airport. Located at the entrance to Tulsa International Airport, the Clarion Inn® is within minutes of several top attractions including the University of Tulsa, the Tulsa Zoo, and the Tulsa Air & Space Museum. This Tulsa, OK, hotel also offers easy access to Tulsa Raceway, O’Brien Park, Expo Square, Fair Meadows, and Driller Stadium. The hotel is close to local shopping, restaurants, and Tulsa nightlife. Guests of the Clarion Inn are invited to relax at the seasonal outdoor pool, dine at the on-site restaurants Prato’s Café and Bentley’s Lounge, work out in the exercise room, and utilize the Business Center which offers access to copy and fax services and a computer with Internet. There are 9 meeting rooms, which will accommodate 312 people for banquets and 800 for conferences. Other amenities include•Free hot breakfast•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free newspaper Monday-Friday•Guest rooms offer high-definition cable television, coffee maker, desk, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board. Some rooms feature a microfridge•This is a pet-friendly hotel, with four-legged friends allowed to stay for a fee•The hotel is non-smoking. Its perfect location and convenient access to area attractions make the Clarion Inn a great place for business and leisure travelers in the Tulsa, OK area. We look forward to meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.