“Older hotel but clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 101 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Older hotel but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had to stay here due to weather. Didn't want to risk not making my flight in the morning. Hotel has a maze of rooms. It took me a while to find my room. I of course parked at the opposite end. Front staff was friendly. Room i requested was available. I would stay here again. I didn't find any uncleanliness other reviews reported.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Stayed at Clarion Tulsa Airport the night before a flight. They charge $3 per night to leave my car parked there, sure beats other parking venues. Shuttle to and from on demand. Nice bar, bar food was okay but not great. Free breakfast was adequate, coffee maker in room, free wi-fi. I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm flying. Room had Sleep Number mattress (which I didn't adjust).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Marionville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Clarion on a four night stay business trip this past week. As far as the rooms go, they're clean and well kept.

What was most impressive during this stay was the way their staff and management handled a problem.

Because we travel on business so much, and have special dietary needs, my wife and I bring most of our food with us. When we checked into the Clarion, their occupancy was high, and we needed a room with a refrigerator and microwave. We were very thankful that they still had one room with both. All went well when we checked in until we needed hot water, of which there wasn't any. The wing we were on had a boiler breakdown, which the staff believed would be fixed by the next day. While not very comfortable, not a big problem for us, as everyone can have a temporary equipment breakdown.

The next evening, still no hot water. Because we had to remain in our room that had the cooking facilities and couldn't move,the front desk staff readily offered a room just down the hall for us to use to shower. When we inquired the next morning as to the progress of the repair, Manager Andrea was very concerned about our comfort, gave us her business card, and was kind enough to offer to credit our stay for the nights with no hot water.

During the rest of our stay, every member of the front desk staff asked us frequently if we were doing okay, and was there any way that they could help. Thankfully, the boiler got fixed, the water got hot, and the week ended up on a very positive note.

What was most appreciated was the way the staff reacted to a problem. Again, staff and management were very concerned about our comfort, and on making it right. Not always the attitude found in businesses these days. Our thanks to Andrea and the Clarion! Will definitely stay again in the future, and would recommend to anyone for a business, pleasure, or family stay!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Pea Ridge, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

Our stay was good. From the check in to checkout. The only negative was the bathroom needed a little work. It definitely could use some remodeling. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We used the shuttle to and from the airport. It came with a very short wait each time and dropped us off at the front door at the airport.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
San Marcos, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

Third time's a charm. More or less. This is my third trip and third hotel in Tulsa. By far the better of the three that I stayed in. The room service was great. The hotel desk clerk I had a chance to talk to (Sarah) was very friendly and did her best to accommodate me. The room was very quiet. I had read elsewhere in other reviews that it's proximity to the airport was close, and you could actually hear airplanes coming and going in the hallway, but I can't say I heard even one in the confines of the room itself. The bed was a sleep comfort bed (or whatever it's called) that I could adjust to my own preference of comfort, my first experience with such a bed. There were only two drawbacks to my stay: One. I stayed during Christmas week, and that may have been the problem with the repairs I requested looked in to. (The privacy knob would not turn at at all. No biggee, but it was written down on the logbook and it was still not working when I checked out.) Also the hot water had ceased to work on the last night in the bath tub. (it still came out in the faucet, so I'm not sure why that was the case. An added note, because of its proximity to the airport and parking, there was only one way out if you didn't want to go to the airport. Which I didn't. I was visiting and wanted to go to town. Still, all-in-all, I'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2015
Thank you so much for taking time to post an online review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were unable to hear the airplanes. It is rare that we have guests complain of airplane noise but day sleepers are often bothered because we are about 3 miles as the crow flies from a National Guard Base and they run during the day, which can be heard. Just for future reference, the exit will take you directly to town or to 4 Highways. If you have questions on directions on a future stay I'd be glad to assist or asking one of the shuttle drivers is a great way to find the quickest route as well. On the maintenance note, those things should have been fixed for you or you should have at least been told why they weren't if you were here longer than a couple of days so I will check into that and see where the communication breakdown happen but I apologize that the issues you brought to our attention weren't fixed. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope you'll stay with us again on future trips.
Happy New Year,
Clarion Inn - Tulsa International Airport
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

I will not rehash what most have said. The hotel itself is a 1.5 to 2 star hotel. It is an old hotel yet it is good enough for a layover or a quick trip there. We normally stay at Marriotts but this was too close to pass up before/after we came into Tulsa.

A 90 year old man using a walker would only take 10 minutes to walk to the hotel although there is a shuttle that we did not use. We had a 6 AM flight so we just hoofed it because we were late.

BIG TIP: If you book the Pricel1ne Express deal (TUL area 3 star hotel) for $35.00 on way in and our way out. It was $44 total with tax. It says 3 star hotel but this is what you get. The best price we saw on the Clarion wen site was $60 plus tax.

Room Tip: This is the PR1CELINE's 3 star hotel Express Line ., we got it for $35 plus tax
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review. I do find it unfortunate that you feel this is a 1.5 star hotel. I suppose next to staying at a brand new hotel with the other chain it may seem that way. That is, however, not the case, nor do you pay anywhere in the ballpark of the same rate as you would with them I'm quite sure. Especially right on Airport Property, so realistically, over all, a great deal. You were unable, leaving at that time, to take advantage of our free Breakfast Buffet which includes freshly made waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, dry cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and pastries. But of course, I am a bit biased. I'm glad you were able to make your flight on time by just walking to the airport and we do have a fantastic team of shuttle drivers. I do hope that you will see fit to stay with us again the next time you are in the area and hopefully next time, be able to enjoy the Breakfast Buffet.
Many Thanks,
Clarion Inn - Tulsa International Airport
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014

We usually avoid chain hotels and we had never stayed at a Clarion before. This was a really nice place. Check in was a snap, plenty of parking, security on site. There is a breakfast bar, club and swimming pool although we did not use any of them. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Good shower. There were internet issues but they were being addressed by the time I mentioned them. Only quibble....the desk clerk who checked us out was pleasant but did not show any interest in how our stay was. It's nice to be asked.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2014
On behalf of the team at Clarion Inn Tulsa Airport I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your stay was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again. I will talk with the agent that checked you out because I agree, it is nice to be asked how your stay went. Thank you again!
Wishing you a Happy New Year & Safe Travels,
Sales Manager

Been to Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport? Share your experiences!