“A Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We usually avoid chain hotels and we had never stayed at a Clarion before. This was a really nice place. Check in was a snap, plenty of parking, security on site. There is a breakfast bar, club and swimming pool although we did not use any of them. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Good shower. There were internet issues but they were being addressed by the time I mentioned them. Only quibble....the desk clerk who checked us out was pleasant but did not show any interest in how our stay was. It's nice to be asked.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
KansasTravelgrl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel has changed hands a few times over the years. It had been a few years since I stayed here. The hotel is average. Nothing fancy. But has a location extremely close to the airport. They have a shuttle, but if you HAD to you could probably walk to the airport. If it wasn't so close to the airport, I doubt I would stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the parking lot would be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently tried three other hotels in Tulsa for my business travels. It was a below-medium to sour experience until I booked my latest stay for a week at Clarion. Initially I was reluctant to stay at a hotel near airport. However, it proved me wrong and I felt comfortable here. Property is professionally maintained, staff is courteous and room amenities were up to the standard.

This coming week I will again be staying here, courtesy good service and comfortability at this facility.

One thing to mention. Clarion should bring their breakfast to the continental level.

Room Tip: Ground level adjacent to front desk facing yard.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to post an online review for our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that we did very well in your opinion! Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Holidays & Safe Travels,
Joplin, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The restaurant needs to be closed down until a decent dinner can be offered. Only selections were cold or hot sandwich (one each, the hot just microwaved). Appetizer was cold cheap tortilla chips with cold cheap sauce. Only had one person working as hostess, waitress, cook, cashier. She worked hard but it was an embarrassing experience for everyone. Several people just got up and left after sitting down and looking at menu. We should have. This is not a restaurant and should not be advertised as such. A vending machine would have provided better food.

The hotel is adequate if you just want to sleep before a morning flight. Otherwise, run.

Room Tip: All rooms are old and faded, chipped furniture. One as good as another
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you had a bad experience dining in the bar / grill area. We do hope you will give us another chance as we have listened to what our guest are saying and are making changes to the menu that make more sense. Thank you again for your response.
Happy Holidays,
Clarion Inn Tulsa Airport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I flew from Houston Hobby airport to Tulsa International Airport to visit family in SW Missouri on 11/24 and took a rental car to Nixa. We realized that we didn't want to leave for Tulsa in the middle of the night and have to drop the car off and then rush to get on our flight. On Wednesday we called and got an incredible rate ($61+taxes and fees) for Friday night! I was told the hotel was 1 mile away from the airport.
On arriving at the hotel we were surprised to find the airport terminal was right next door!!!!! I was able to check in the car and took an easy walk back to the hotel. (Less than 5 minutes!). It was so wonderfully convenient.
The desk and bar staff were so friendly and helpful, without any guile.
Our room was handicap accessible and clean. The shampoo, conditioner, and soup were of a good quality. The in room coffee pot worked quickly and the coffee was delicious. The room was a bit dated and I was not overly fond of the mattress, but was comfortable enough that I slept pretty well that night. (I'm pretty picky about my mattress as I prefer very soft mattresses.). My husband liked the mattress quite a bit. We got our wakeup call at exactly the time we requested which was excellent. We chose to walk to the airport (I walked -my husband is in a wheelchair) because we needed to burn some of those Thanksgiving calories off!
I was not waked by the airplanes nor did I even hear one in our room or for that matter in the lobby or bar. Kudos to them for that.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is flying in or out of Tulsa that needs to stay a night. It was a great experience

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post comments about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that almost everything was satisfactory. We are working on getting the mattresses fixed for the sleep number beds or replaced for the regular ones. I am glad that you had a safe trip and we hope to see you again soon!
Happy Holidays,
Sales Manager - Clarion Inn Tulsa Airport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice room, great rate with hot breakfast buffet included. The king-sized bed was excellent, extremely comfortable. Free wifi included. We only stayed 6-7 hours, but it was well worth it.
That's all but this sentence gets me up past Trip Advisor's silly 200-char minimum.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire Clarion team, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am really pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

The hotel is older and worn. But it is a four-minute walk to the airport. So, rather than wait for the non-existent shuttle (they said they had one!) to show up, we hoofed it. We would have preferred to stay at the Hilton nearby but they had no rooms available. So, we figured one night wouldn't be a big deal.

Front desk staff were average and not overly friendly. Hall was clean and well lit. Room was standard airport fare. I could have lived without the long black hair in my sheets - GROSS! (Don't housekeepers normally wear their hair pulled back for a reason???)

Towels were a nice surprise. New and thick and soft. Water pressure and heat above average. And the breakfast in the morning was well executed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
I'd like to thank you for your review of your stay at the Clarion Inn. It is very helpful to know where we need to improve for our guests and we are aware the Shuttle is one of them. We will continue to work with our front desk to ensure a warm welcome and proper communication with the shuttle. Thank you again for taking your time to let us know how we did.
Safe Travels,

aharrison@promisehotels.com

Been to Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport? Share your experiences!