“Stayed for the convenience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Stayed for the convenience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is older and worn. But it is a four-minute walk to the airport. So, rather than wait for the non-existent shuttle (they said they had one!) to show up, we hoofed it. We would have preferred to stay at the Hilton nearby but they had no rooms available. So, we figured one night wouldn't be a big deal.

Front desk staff were average and not overly friendly. Hall was clean and well lit. Room was standard airport fare. I could have lived without the long black hair in my sheets - GROSS! (Don't housekeepers normally wear their hair pulled back for a reason???)

Towels were a nice surprise. New and thick and soft. Water pressure and heat above average. And the breakfast in the morning was well executed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I'd like to thank you for your review of your stay at the Clarion Inn. It is very helpful to know where we need to improve for our guests and we are aware the Shuttle is one of them. We will continue to work with our front desk to ensure a warm welcome and proper communication with the shuttle. Thank you again for taking your time to let us know how we did.
Safe Travels,

Andrea Harrison
aharrison@promisehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grove, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

As a hotel in general, The Clarion Inn Tulsa is OK. But, it has a big problem that needs to be watched for if you use their parking while flying. It is their shuttle. They give no indication that their shuttle has another hotel's name on it "Hilton Garden Inn, I believe". After 20 minutes of waiting, she had me call. I was on hold about 15 minutes until they told me. She's still waiting, and I'm on hold again waiting to see why the shuttle didn't get there. Not having eaten lunch due to a tight connection, she's getting sick while waiting. If you must stay there, don't park there. The $2/night savings is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
I am sorry to hear that the Shuttle Service was disappointing for you. We are striving to get all of our front desk agents to mention that we share the Shuttle with the Hilton Garden Inn and both property names are on the shuttle but the Hilton's is the more prominent logo on the side. I regret hearing this because it would have been such a simple solution and we could have pleased you rather than upsetting you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we are falling short. Should you find yourself needing a room near the airport again, I do hope that you will give us another chance.
Safe travels,

Andrea Harrison
West Fork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean decor exceptional . Staff helpful and breakfast very good. I had room for 2 nights , had emergency at home had to leave early . Hotel was kind enough to give me credit for 1 night . They did not have to do that but they did. When in Tulsa I will always stay there. John kaldowski

• Stayed September 2014
Mr. Kaldowski,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our property. I am pleased to hear that the front desk staff did the right thing and refunded the night you couldn't say. I hope things are going well at home now and we will be very happy to have you back any time.
Safe Travels,

Andrea J. Harrison
(918) 835-9911 ext 320
Marionville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Nice hotel right next to the airport. Great location!

Rooms are very nice, and always clean. On site restaurant is not always open, and not on a regular schedule that I can tell.

You can park on the hotel's lot during a trip, and they will shuttle you to and from your gate.

I would recommend to anyone needing to use Tulsa Airport during a long or a short trip.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Andrea H, Sales Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your review of the Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport. It is always a pleasure to get feedback from our guests. I am very glad to hear you were happy with the location and the rooms. On your next visit we will strive to achieve a better score from you in the Service category. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We look forward to being able to serve you again!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Needed a good rest after a long drive. This made sense being so close to the airport. That is probably the only reason to check in to the clarion Inn. Felt like the type of hotel you'd see in a csi crime episode. I would not visit this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bentonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We left my daughter's pink iPhone. After confirming it was there and they would ship it to us with my credit card to charge, we never received. It has now disappeared and the manager Ginger will not return my calls. All new staff continues stating they have been there only a month as if this helps the situation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We traveled to my daughters college via Tulsa airport. On our return we stayed at the Clarion Inn which is inside the airport, in order to make our early morning flight. Immediately upon arrival,we became concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel smelled of cigarettes, mold and some kind of putrid odor. The furnishings were visibly stained and filthy, so bad we did not sit on the chairs while the worker at the counter struggled with the check ins. We were taken to our room where there was no air conditioner working and the room was filthy and stunk terribly, We tried to find a different hotel close by but they were all sold out. The counter workers stood outside the entry doors smoking repeatedly causing the building to stink. In the morning the breakfast scheduled to start at 6 am, was not set up at 6:30 and when guests tried to grab something quickly as they were setting up they were rudely told to wait. The workers setting up looked dirty and the food looked dirty. They wore no gloves when handling the food. We waited for the Shuttle which we were assured started at 4:30 am. The shuttle driver was no where to be found and the guests stood with their luggage by the driverless shuttle until a few complaints led the counter worker who showed no interest or concern, called for a shuttle to come from a different hotel. It was the most despicable hotel that I have ever I have ever experienced which is why, for the first time ever I Am taking the time to warn others to not stay At this hotel. The hotel is not sanitary, appears to be full of mold, as I had difficulty breathing. The odor is overwhelming. Additionally, they have no elevator so if you are on the second floor you have to carry your luggage upstairs as there is no one to assist and the few workers observed showed no interest. This hotel needs to be inspected and shut down. The one bright point, the shuttle driver Ruben, was helpful and tried his best to be of assistance to the patrons. Ruben find another job...do not be affiliated with this dump. I give this hotel negative five stars.

Room Tip: Don't go,,,