“1 Star Quality Despite 3 Star Rating.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #56 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Phoenix, Arizona
“1 Star Quality Despite 3 Star Rating.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was most disappointing Princeline wins. ever. It is difficult to describe how poor the quality of the room we had was. It appeared dirty, but I think it was mostly stains on the walls, ceilings and floors. The room was very small and the bathroom so small I could not even use the toilet without removing the roll of paper as it pressed so hard on my leg. Outdated,, with plaster crumbling at doorways and the carpet pulling away from the walls this place sadly in need of a major renovation, or a tear down. Putting a new flat screen TV on top of a worn 1960's dresser is not an update.

There was no grab bar in the bathroom and the tub was slippery. The towel rack was pulled off the wall and was hanging on the wall by only half the screws. The bed was poor and the a/c didn't work properly.

The best part was the staff. Very friendly. The lobby was attractive. The breakfast was OK, not great.

I feel bad writing a review like the
If you see my other reviews you will see it's not my norm. All I can say is Buyer Beware.

If bidding on Priceline be sure to bid 3 1/2 star or avoid the airport area to avoid getting this hotel. .

• Stayed September 2013
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We appreciate the nice words about our staff. We have recently aquired this hotel and are working on design and renovation plans to start in 2014. I would love to have suggestions for offerings at our Free Breakfast? We are offering more items than the brand requires and usaly even in previous surveys have gotten very good reviews on that item.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kennedale, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are dated, beds a bit firm, but fresh smelling linens and extremely clean. You can't beat the location if you're just flying in and out.
The best breakfast buffet we've ever had.
Eggs
4 juice options
6 bread options
Danish

• Stayed August 2013
ManagerHGI, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Yes we are working each day to bring this wonderful hotel up to date. We have many updates planed this next year. I am happy you had a great breakfast. I hope you will stay with us again soon.
Rialto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I loved the staff they were so helpful to me in every kind of way, I was there to lay my daughter to rest and your staff really went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. Thank you Sam, Noha, Joe, Jason, Yolanda,and the nite staff. And we can't leave Yoni out. Everyone treated me like family there. The food was great, the rooms were clean. If I ever go to Ok again I hope to see you all working there still. I can't thank you all enough, I recomend this hotel to everyone because of your wonderful staff!!!!!! thanks again everyone ....Tammy from Calif.....R.I.P. STEFANIE CAPRARO...MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We are happy our staff did such a great job. we wish you the best and we will think about your family and their needs.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had great service from Yolanda Douglas (thanks for being so nice!) and the shuttle driver (sorry, I didn't get your name) but the room was pretty bad. They had just recaulked the bath tub and the old caulking was left in the bottom of the tub. Long hair stuck to the back of the bathroom door, wallpaper peeling in the bathroom, think walls, a sleepnumber bed that didn't work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am very sorry about your experiance we appologize that you got in a room that our Engineer was still finishing up. Our front desk appologizes for the mishap. The room should have been out of order until the work was complete.

thank you for the nice comments about the staff.
St. Joseph, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The airline booked me at the Clarion after my flight was delayed till the following morning. I checked in and there was a cluster just trying to get the shuttle. The person drove right past me and never stopped. The woman at the front desk was super friendly which was nice. However, by the time I got to the room which was through the maze of the hotel, I knew I was in for a treat. I opened the door and the odor from the room (mildew) hit me. The room is very small and is very dingy. I also am not fond of having a 1st floor room while traveling alone, but no consideration was given to that. Looking at the condition of the room, I wouldn't take my shoes off let alone use the shower. I promptly called the Hilton across the street and made a reservation on my own over there, even if I did have to pay for it.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ManagerHGI, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am very sorry for your experiance. Since we have no elevator we generaly book people on the fist floor first. I will research what room you were assigned and check on the shower. thank you for the comments we will use them to improve our service.
Wills Point, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

we book our room through hotwire.com the price was excellent but far from what we expected from a 3 star hotel. We booked three rooms and all three seemed to be the same issue. the ac units even though set all the way down to 60 would run for a few minute then turn off and do that all night the even with the fan set on constant it would not run so the room was stuffy good thing it ended up not being a hot weekend. We where going say something and try to get new rooms but with all three of our rooms being basically the same we figured why bother trying to move all our grand kids around and most likely would be the same.Im sure the sleep number beds where nice in there day but far from comfortable one side worked well the other didnt ,in one of the rooms it felt like the end tubes where bad because the center would pump up and roll you off. The cleaning crew starts very early and we heard the people next door yell we are still sleeping so i was able to get up and stop them before they bothered us. when we came back Saturday afternoon after being booked in Friday night for the whole weekend we where locked out of all 3 rooms and had to go to the front desk and get new cards. The best part of the stay in the hotel was Sunday morning the breakfast was very good buffet style food cooked well and the lady that was there serving when needed cleaning the tables off for you was above the top. Between the price we got the three rooms for was a good buy and mainly because of our server I give the hotel a average rating if it was a hot weekend and Yolanda didnt make our final morning great it would surely be a poor rating. Yolanda Douglas you definitely saved your hotel from a poor rating

Room Tip: Check to make sure ac works because out of 3 rooms we book they all where terrible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment we will look into the issues. We are happy that you had a great Breakfsast Sunday morning with us. Many people enjoy our free breakfast.
New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion two times during our stay in Oklahoma. We had a delayed flight and our bags were stuck in Atlanta the first night so we decided to stay the night. Both nights were very good experiences. Matter of fact we decided on the last night based on the good service we received. Mr. Charles and Mr. Jake were very helpful. They took us around to the airport to assist us with trying to get our bags and did so in a very cheerful manner. Ms. Yolanda the server at breakfast was very cheerful and helpful. She had a very pleasant attitude and moved with grace as she assisted everyone. She made our stay very comfortable. The breakfast was very good and the variety was nice. Mr. Fry was very helpful and he assisted in printing maps to locations we weren’t sure of that was very helpful and we really appreciated that. Check in and Check out with him was smooth as well..The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfy. We slept well, one of the most important things I really appreciated was that we were not disturbed by the sound of plane’s landing and taking off the rooms were sound proof even though the hotel was so close. Thank you for a wonderful stay and we will surely be back again...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for the great review our van drivers you mentioned by name are very happy to read your review. We think they are great. Thank you again.

Been to Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport? Share your experiences!