“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eufaula
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recently stayed here last weekend and it is a very nice new hotel with reasonable rates. I really enjoyed the location and being able to walk to the area nightlife. Very friendly staff at check-in. I would stay here again. My only suggestion would be to get some blackout curtains for the rooms. The lights were very bright coming through our room window.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
flyover country
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Fairfield is a rather average hotel in downtown Tulsa. Other than its location, there really isn’t any particular reason to stay here, but then, there are few reasons NOT to stay here either. The whole experience left me saying “meh.”

It’s a small hotel, with only four stories. An indoor pool and fitness center take up the first floor, and registration is on the second floor. The hotel has a very small parking lot, and at registration we were asked to go back outside and put an identification card in our car (I notice a previous review says parking was not policed, so I don’t know if this is a new policy, or something they only do at certain times). It seems possible that at busy times, the facility could simply run out of available parking.

The lobby includes a small store area with some convenience items (Pepsi products, no Coke). A continental breakfast is provided from 7 to 10 am. It included make-your-own-waffles, cold cereal, yogurt, breads and pastries, oatmeal, juice, and milk. The only protein available was in some refrigerated breakfast sandwiches that could be heated in the microwave. For comparison, when I stay at a hotel in this price range, it’s usually a Hampton Inn, and they have much better breakfasts.

The room was small but adequate, and included a mini refrigerator and microwave, always a plus. Beds are on the firm side, pillows are on the squishy side. Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner are provided. Free wi-fi is also provided. We stayed on the second floor, and though other reviews mentioned the noise from the club directly below, we couldn’t hear anything (and believe me, I’m the type of person who would hear it and hate it).

We chose this hotel for the location. It’s about a block and a half away from the Brady Theater, and the Cain’s Ballroom is also in walking distance, as well as the BOK. There are many restaurants and bars nearby as well. (Hey Mambo, a funky little Italian restaurant, is literally one minute away; give it a try!)

One interesting note is that the hotel’s policy is to not give a government rate unless you are using a government-provided credit card. If you’re a government employee paying your own way and getting reimbursed, you will not get the discounted rate.

Bottom line? I wouldn’t have a problem staying here again, if it were important to be extremely close to venues such as the Brady or Cain’s. But if the hotel experience was as important as the location, I’d choose the nearby Mayo instead.

Springfield, MO, US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for an event at the BOK center, which was very handy- 4/5 blocks, definitely walking distance.
The hotel has lovely, new and unique furnishings and decorations. Comfortable and stylish.

Breakfast was perfectly adequate- sort of Continental +.
Staff very friendly and helpful.

Only issue was parking. Parking was free, but not well policed- so other event goers used the hotel parking and actual hotel guests couldn't find a spot.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great area of the Brady Arts District. Walking distance from several restaurants, bars, and Cain's Ballroom. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Parking and breakfast are free.

*Tip: I would advise not staying on the 2nd floor. We were there on a Monday night and there is a bar/lounge under the hotel on the corner and we could hear the music in our room at midnight. The staff said they just sound proofed, but our room seemed directly over it. I would still stay at this hotel again, overall good experience.

I have found that the price is often cheaper direct from the Marriott web sight, with AAA discount than on hotel.com or similar sight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ft worth texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here rooms were clean and comfy and close enough to walk to the BOK center yet located in the revitalized restaurant and club, Brady District. Was able to walk across the parking lot to Caz's Chowhouse for Cicken and Waffles and an "Old Lady on Brady" Martini while my kids attended the Muse concert for Spring break. Pool was smallish, workout rooms were sufficient, but The Continental Breakfast pleased both me and my growing boys.

Room Tip: City view was nice.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is truly my home away from home. After only a couple of stays, I was recognized and greeted at check-in by my first name. The sales manager has been very helpful in booking my frequent stays. The rooms are very clean and Paul Mitchell toiletries are VERY nice. The rooms are quiet and I always get a peaceful night's sleep - beds are very comfortable. The hotel offers free wifi (most others charge extra for this). The gym is nice and rarely crowded. The breakfast is complimentary and includes a variety of items. I only wish the breakfast included eggs! :) Hotel parking is free and is well lighted. The hotel is located in a very neat part of the City, the Brady Arts District. The first floor of the hotel has a martini bar and restaurants. Surrounding the hotel are several restaurants that you can easily walk to. Because I stay here mostly on business, I am alone but feel very safe walking to the various retail sites around this hotel. There are many things I love about staying at this hotel, but the one thing I would compliment the most is the customer service. The people who work at this hotel truly care about making your stay the best possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in downtown Tulsa for a dance competition that was taking place at the convention center. From the time we entered the hotel we were greeted by a friendly employee. Dana was great! She was very informative and answered any questions that we had. The hotel is new and is located on top of a restuarant/night club. Although it was located above these places it was quiet and you could not hear a sound in your room. The area seems safe. The rooms were clean. Beds were comfy. The one and only complaint I have is the size of the rooms. It was pretty small with no sitting area, however we didn't need that much room so it wasn't a problem for us. Breakfast was good. It included waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, coffee, bagels, muffins, etc.... The location is great. Everything was really close to the hotel. There was no problems getting around downtown with the location of the hotel. Overall the stay was great and we really enjoyed our stay in Tulsa.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown? Share your experiences!