“Spent 3 hours and could have stayed longer!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 53 Attractions in Tulsa
Type: Science Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Tulsa's rich aviation history is traced through such exciting exhibits as the F14 Tomcat, Shuttle Launch, Wind Tunnel and Flight Simulation Lab.
Dubuque, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Spent 3 hours and could have stayed longer!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stopped here with two boys ages 9 & 11. We all like science and space. My husband and I liked the "Top Gun" plane and the great collection of WWII items more than the boys. The boys got to launch the space shuttle---discussing the multi-stage rocket that one son had just covered in his science class. They got to use a robotic arm to simulate using one at the space station. The memory exhibit on the second level was great for all of us with lots of hands-on activities. The planetarium and movie were worthwhile as well---a great review of the planets, moons, why there are rings of Saturn, which planets are the rocky midgets vs those that are the gas giants. The exhibit that we were most excited about seeing was out-of-order, but the rest of it was educational and fun.

We were trying to leave when we found the flight simulation area (probably 15-20 computers set up with throttle and controller). You could pick what kind of plane that you wanted to fly, what kind of weather, etc... A pilot would do much better than we did!!! However, with a little practice it was exciting to get the plane in the air and not crash!!

Overall, this was a great experience!! I would highly recommend!!

Visited October 2011

OK
“Small but enjoyed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Many exhibits have changed since we went 2 years ago. Although, several of the hands on exhibits were broken or no staff to help run them. My kids enjoy this place -- especially sitting in the airplanes. The outside playground is nice and the planetarium has been recently upgraded. Check their websites for unique special events.

Visited August 2011
Sherman, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went here and it was great. They had a lot of planes and all kinds of things to look at and they could answer all questions you had on all of the things there. I feel that a lot of kids would really love to visit here. Just a lot of fun.

Visited September 2011
Claremore, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
“Lots to do, a bit pricey for more than two.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The TASM was really great. It is located at the end of the Tulsa airport, which I think is a great location as a few of the exhibits let you hear the control tower. I would invest in an entertainment coupon book (coupon for buy one get one), as $12.50 seems a bit steep if you are going with 2 or more people. The price of admission does include one free showing at the planetarium (right next door). I think everybody should go AT LEAST once, it looks unimpressive from the door, but once you get inside there is a lot to do. A few of the airplanes you can climb in and play around with the controls. There are exhibits all over that chronicle the history of the air industry in Oklahoma. There is a corner dedicated to Pearl Harbor with videos from some survivors of the attack. There are also a number of interactive features through out the museum (though you sometimes have to go find a volunteer to get it going). Up stairs is a kids space with a number of activities and "games". My 15 year old niece and I had a great time. We spent 4 hours there (including the 45 minute show at the planetarium) and wished we would have had another hour.
For those who say there is nothing to do in the Tulsa Air and Space Museum... they obviously have never been in.

Visited June 2011
“Great concept, horrible locale”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011 via mobile

I love aviation and space but wouldn't pat the $12.50 per person price tag. You can see the entire museum from the doors at the back of the entry hall. Maybe 5 planes and nothing for kids to do.