“Fantastic Find in Tulsa” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 99 hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City
“Fantastic Find in Tulsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

I booked this hotel because of the great ratings on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. I got a great rate through the hotel website.

This hotel was very well appointed and everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable with down comforters. The bathroom was decorated with wood finishing and stone walls in the shower.

The restaurant was very elegant and all of the food was delicious. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel.

We got a discount on dinner and a free breakfast with our tickets to the Tulsa Opera, so if you are going to an event at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center be sure to check your tickets for any offers at this hotel.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Tulsa, so I can enjoy this fine hotel again.

• Liked — rooms, atrium, restaurant
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

I travel roughly 100 nights a year and typically stay in renaissance and Marriott hotels. I found the Tulsa renaissance to be nicely appointed. I had a suite room on the club floor and that had either granite or faux granite counter tops that looked very nice. The bed was clean and made well and I had no noise in my bedroom which is nice. I hate hearing the next person’s tv etc. Although I could see how in a room which has the bedroom directly off of the main atrium that things could get loud. I heard guests all the way down in the lobby late at night from my 9th floor sitting room who were being rather loud.

Parking can be a bit of a problem if there is a convention, but I’m not sure what you can expect, this happens at every hotel that holds events. If it bothers you that much then you should just valet, its only 10 dollars a night.

I ordered room service two nights and it was nothing special but not that bad either. The room service guys were very polite and curtious. The club lounge is about par for lounges. They did have some grilled zucchini for appetizers one night which I enjoyed.

Also the gym treadmills are excellent here, probably the best ones I have ever seen in a Marriott hotel!

Overall very good experience. It was much nicer than the Tulsa Marriott which is in need of a renovation. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

This hotel is very expensive relative to other properties in town. I found the rooms to be fine and modern with good bedding and amenities. I'm not sure if the price is worth the difference however, if you are a fan of great service from employees, this is the place. The front door staff is friendly, the roomservice is very quick, housekeeping is nice, and the front desk staff is superb. Some noise comes from the atrium at night, but usually not too much. If you want to pay for service, this is the place.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

Stayed in a suite room with a balcony and loved it. The room was large nicely appointed, the bathroom was nice and the view was as good as a view gets in Tulsa.

Some may protest the traffic in the area, but as a Tulsa native I understand that it comes with the territory. I would rather have traffic (which is only bad between 4:30 and 6:30 or after a movie at the mega-theater across the street lets out) and lots of dining options than stay downtown, where there really is nothing to choose from (or do) after the lunch rush.

If you're looking for a nice hotel, but intend on going out during your stay, this is the place.

• Liked — Nice bed
  • Disliked — Can be tricky to access if you don't know what you're doing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Exit on 61st or 81st and access the hotel from Garnett Rd. to avoid 71st St. traffic.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson,AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

What was this hotel owner thinking of by building a hotel in the middle or 'TRAFFIC CITY" and in the parking lot of TARGET STORE?

I will never go there again ever = This hotel just is ridiculous. What a waste of time and energy to get there and then when you do get there - look - it's a nothing hotel.

My recommendation - DON"T STAY THERE unless you just love traffic jams, wall to wall chain restaurants, and of course, last but not least TARGET.

I travel to Tulsa weekly and someone suggested I stay there. I will never forgive that person. I will continue to stay downtown from now on. At least I have three choices and no Target.

Mary

• Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

I was at this hotel last week for a Belgian Sheepdog National Specialty Dog Show. The staff was great, the hotel is beautiful and the service was exceptional.
We had a great stay with our dogs.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

I just returned from a two day meeting at the Renaissance and would highly recommend this hotel. Mickey at the front door always had a smile on his face and was quick to help me with bags and directions. True gentlemen are rare, the Renaissance is lucky to have him. Kris is an outstanding bartender. He provided our group with excellent service, even provided a local map with tips for our group. The rooms were clean and the food on par (for hotel food). What made this stay different was the wonderful staff. As a business traveler I have become used to average to below average service, it is refreshing to have outstanding service across the board!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!