“Airport Shuttle a Great Plus” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 99 hotels in Tulsa
Anderson, Indiana
“Airport Shuttle a Great Plus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I attended a function at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a courtesy shuttle from the Tulsa Airport even though the hotel is quite some distance from there -- about a 15-20 minute ride depending on traffic. I really did not want to rent a car but thought I probably would have no choice. The shuttle drive was very friendly and helpful with luggage.

If you are up for a short walk -- 5 minutes to 15 minutes -- there are a lot of good choices for eating. I ate at Bonefish -- the most distant -- but there also were other nice restaurants like Carrabba's, Texas Roadhouse, Abuelos, Cheddars and a place the shuttle said was good called Fish Daddy nearby. There were multiple fast food options in the area, too, like Panera, Wendy's and Subway.

I did eat at the hotel restaurant twice and found both the food and the service not what I would have hoped for in a 4-star hotel -- not bad but nothing special. I also was disappointed at the meager offerings in the Concierge Lounge. I went there upon arrival around 7:15 pm and found very little by way of quantity and what was there was over cooked and dried out. I returned about 9 pm after going out for dinner to grab a cookie or pastry and a bottle of water and found nothing at all to eat even though the room was open until 10 pm.

The hotel is quite attractive inside with a nine-story open atrium, and conversation areas amidst ponds and landscaping. The room was adequate but not exceptional. I did have to go to another floor both nights I was there to get ice. I am not sure if the machine on my floor was out of order or just empty, but I tried at different hours both days with no luck.

There was a meal served in conjunction with the event I attended in the adjacent convention area. It was surprisingly good, especially considering they were feeding upwards of a 1,000 people in the ballroom.

All in all, the price was quite reasonable compare to other lower rated options. Even though the experience was not really 4-star I probably would opt to stay there again based on value relative to other options.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the Convention Center side of the hotel, especially on lower floors. My room on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Director at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. It was comments from our guests that prompted us to offer the shuttle service. We are glad that you found the service itself, along with the van driver service to your liking.

We have forwarded your comments to our specific departments regarding the concierge lounge offerings, ice machines, and restaurant service. Again, thank you for your feedback, as that is the best indicator of how we are doing!

We look forward to hosting you here again in Tulsa.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. I liked the beds and the rooms in general. We used the Starbucks in the lobby every morning and that was very nice. I like free coffee better, but this was a nice service. The restaurant is overpriced, so we didn't eat there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the review. We look forward to welcoming you again to Tulsa and the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel! We like the Starbucks as well!
Bethany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Quality of service did not match the wonderful facility and comfort in this hotel. Many staff offhand and casual in manner and can only deal with normal routine issues. We felt like we were in the backwoods and that many staff had not been trained to be courteous and polite and to go the extra mile. Did not expect to be charged for bottled water and wifi in the room either in a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry that your stay was not as excellent as you expected. Please be assured that we work very hard to make each and every guest feel welcomed and special. We cannot know if we are not living up to that goal unless we hear from our guests. If you would like to share specific examples, please call the hotel directly, and we can use your examples for further training of our staff!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I attended a conference in this hotel and I was very impressed with everything. The hotel had excellent parking and check in service. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. The center of the hotel was focused on an atrium with glass ceiling tiles. Gorgeous plants (real ones!) were in the center and an indoor coy fish pond with a waterfall completed the feel. I was told that the conference will be there next year also and I look forward to going again. It is easy to find and is located very near some nice restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We will make sure to share with the staff and we look forward to seeing you back next year!
Conway, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

- Put us in the wrong type of room (we put 4ppl per room and they put us in king rooms)

- when we had to book an additional room to accomodate the # people in our party, they did not offer to compensate us, give us a discount, etc.

- We had put 4ppl per room on our reservation, but they put us in a King room (2 ppl) and there was only 1 towel per room.

- We were never offered compensation or a discount, even though one person in our party ended up having to sleep on the floor in the extra room we had to purchase.

Overall, I was disappointed because the hotel staff did not seem prepared for our group, or willing to correct their errors.

Room Tip: If you WANT a double bed, you have to type in the comment box "we would like double beds"...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a platinum member and always get great service at Marriott properties. This one, for 4 times, keeps disapointing. On my recent trip, I asked if an upgrade from my normal king room was available and no, there was nothing available. No problem, until I got to my room and it was just across from the elevator bank. "Ding", "DING" all night! The food is ok there but the prices are sky high. There are a ton of restaurants nearby so not a big deal but the breakfast in the club room was not the greatest either.

The staff is always nice, the building is beautiful and the bed is fine. Maybe I had bad luck 4 times in a row. I have had better luck at the Marriott in Southern Hills but that property is pretty dated.

Room Tip: Ask to get your room away from the elevater bank. Eat out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We never want our guests to feel discouraged about staying at our property, and certainly want to make your experience what it should be as a platinum member. I have emailed you directly as we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay(s) in detail and make it right.
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know what in the world people are talking about giving this hotel anything but 5 stars. I mean it's not like there's a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons in Tulsa!
The entire staff was overly attentive and accomodating. Some of these reviews are ridiculous. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable with nice linens. Bathrooms are updated and very large. Restaurant was great all the people working in the restaurants and bar were as nice as they could be. I live in Beverly Hills, CA and was very leery about staying here as I had never stayed in a hotel in Tulsa. I have to go to Tulsa quite a bit now and am looking forward to staying again. I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world. This is top of the line for what it should be. The gym is great. Parking is very easy and again the staff could not have been nicer. Best hotel in Tulsa. Someone on here is complaining that they couldn't get a room every night for 77.00? Are you kidding me? Where on earth do you find a hotel room anywhere for 77.00? And at this level of service? If they gave you that rate and you complained I hope they never let you back again. Geez you cannot be serious. Internet was great. The one time I was bounced off line the manager comped my service for my stay. The cable tv was fine. Get a life people. This hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your remarks! Often times, we don't get the opportunity to hear the great stories! We will share with our staff and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tulsa.

Been to Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!