“Very poor service and unfriendly staff” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6808 S. 107th East Ave., Tulsa, OK 74133   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Limerick Ireland
“Very poor service and unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

No water or minibar in room. Used to have USD4 bottles of water but even these have been removed.
Movies system did not work during the entire stay
Had to almost beg for an additional laundry bag from reception
Very unfriendly staff in bar
Friendly and helpful stafff in restaurant
Rooms not well cleaned

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — High cost, poor service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

We booked via priceline and it was accepted on the first bid, $70. This was a great price for the property. The rooms were nice, clean, and with good quality soaps.

We were traveling with our 5 year old and 1 1/2 year old and my wife was high maintenance. The good news is that their answer was 'no problem' every time. We asked for a crib, which they hurriedly retrieved, then made the bed for us. A day later the manager noticed the sheets were not as tight fitting as could be, so he went out and bought new cribs sheets.

My wife asked for an in room fridge; no problem.
My wife asked for a microwave; no problem.
My wife asked where she could buy a humidifier; they found one for her; no problem.
More sugar and milk; more towels, more blankets; no problem.
We were 'cheap' guests but treated like frequent high paying quests.

The facility is a 9 floors with a very nice interior atrium with glass elevators (the kids loved that). At the bottom is a very nice little stream with turtles, fish and a few mantra rays; of which the kids loved. The restuarant breakfast buffet was good. The bar area (did not visit) looks comfortable and inviting.

The pool is elegant and geared towards adults (the Radisson is a mini kid's waterpark). It has an adjoining exercise room, locker rooms, and spa. The location is great as there are many higher quality restaurants nearby along with shopping.

We cannot rave enough about our experience there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — The interior atrium with stream
  • Disliked — Not a great view; but it was Tulsa in the wintertime, so I wasn't expecting one.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2007

Very friendly and accomodating front desk and staff. Very nice club lounge with very unusual, but tasty food. Ask for a room with a balcony, it's a little nicer. Personally, I'd rather stay at the Homewood Suites down the street. I prefer more room to stretch out, but you get what you pay for at this property.

Stayed October 2007
Broke Arrow OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

We stayed two week nights at the Renaissance. Three adult family members stayed in a room with 2 beds when the hotel was sold out and very busy. I think the room number was 202.
The price for the room was very expensive considering the size and style of the room...$206.

The room was small, the 2 beds were Small, little storage space, and no counter space in the bathroom. Very good tv channel selections for a hotel. The room service menu though limited looked good and reasonably priced for the hotel. The door to the room "banged" shut, and you had to learn how to "tune out" the elevator bell. Shower was OK. The bedding and pillows were very nice.

Expensive internet!! I think with tax ---it would have been $15. a day...so we didn't use...same with the bottle of water provided in the room...$4.00.

Free outdoor self parking is on the South side of the building.
Valet service is available.

We ate one dinner at the hotel resturaunt... very expensive, all ala-carte!, OK food, limited menu. Interesting pesto that came with the bread. (Yummy)

Hotel service was OK with minor issues that were easy to overlook, since we knew the hotel was packed because of a wide spread city power outage from an ice storm.

Hotel employees were very professional, considerate, and gracious to all of the people who were looking for a place to stay
due to the storm.

Front "desk" staff and William (valet/bellman/employee) were excellent.

Pretty lobby, expansive, with water features, fish, and turtles.

Hotel has indoor pool (cold), Small whirlpool, sauna, and 24 hr. exercise room with good equipment. Plenty of towels and lockers, available.

One member of our group has stayed at the Renaissance in Richardson (Dallas) area. She preferred that hotel over the one in Tulsa....she said it was a lot different....

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance and were happy to have the accomodations available during the power outage.

• Liked — staff, pretty modern hotel, location,
  • Disliked — price to value ratio
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

I was there for a convention. First, the staff were so friendly as most people in Tulsa seemed to be, which helped. However, when I first got to my room, it was located directly across from elevator. Knowing this is never a good thing, I went back down and requested a room as far away as possible. Thank goodness they accommodated me. Yes, it kind of reminds you of an Embassy Suites with the atrium style design, I don't like this. Very noisy. Not a lot of dining choices at the hotel, so rent a car. We didn't rent one and I felt stuck. Its not near downtown, but across from a Target and other strip mall kinds of stores. About a 15 minute walk to some chain dining. Anyway, if I ever have to go to Tulsa again, I wouldnt stay here. Others in my group complained about stains on carpet, etc..I usually love Renaissance properties, but this one doesn't even compare.

• Liked — The bed was comfy, but couldnt sleep
  • Disliked — Location, atrium design, only one restaurant
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2007

I booked a hospitality suite for my nieces bridal shower. I worked with Nikki, the event planner. She was very professional and helpful. She arranged for extra banquet chairs to be in the room on check-in which was very helpful. We were allowed to check in early (2pm) which was nice as it gave us time to set up. I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of the room, especially for the price of $269.00 per night. This was a special occasion after all. In the living area of the suite there was a large red stain on the carpet directly in front of the sofa, there was another dark stain that ran the length of the room from the kitchen area to the front door. This stain looked like maybe someone carried something leaking out. Water spots were in the stainless steel sink and the granite in the kitchen area had water spots. The glass top table in the living area was dirty with finger prints and when I picked up the plant in the middle of the table to clean it, popcorn was underneath. The wall paper in the bathroom had black marks (shoe marks ?) on the walls in front of the toliet. The sheers on the balcony had black grease stains I assume must have come from the curtain being caught in the door several times. I called down stairs to complain. The manager of course agreed with me that there wasn't time to correct these problems before the guests arrived, but could not come up with any ideas for compensating me for these problems except that I, of course, would not be held responsible for the condition of the room on MY checkout!

After the guests left I was looking forward to a nice relaxing evening. I had received, before arriving, a special request email offering different amenities. I had requested access to club level for the evening hor's d'ouevres and complimentary breakfast. (this was a $30.00 charge) After my arrival I learned that the club level did not serve hor's d'ouevres on Saturday evenings. I ordered room service instead. Very polite waiter, food was adequate, but not worth the price.

I turned in early to enjoy the fantastic bedding only a Marriott can offer. I wish I could say I slept. This hotel is very noisy. Rooms facing the lobby have an echoing effect sending guest noise bouncing all around. Also, the traffic noise of any room facing west (the highway) is unbelievable! At 12 midnight someone knocked on my door several times. At 1:00 a.m. the party started in the room around the corner from me. Unfortunately my balcony and theirs connected. The young guests in this room were hanging over the balcony shouting and yelling yee haw. The beer cans lined the balcony ledge. At 2:ooam I spoke to John at the desk and he said he would have the problem taken care of. It was 3:oo a.m. before it was quiet again. After a horrible nights rest I attempted to enter the club level for breakfast. My key was not carded for club level. At this point I packed up and left. The only good point here is that my bill did not reflect the charge of $30.00 for the amenities I had requested. I can only assume the confirmation email I received never reached the hotel.

I don't think I will be staying again. There are much nicer hotels in Tulsa.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

The Renaissance is a nice, clean hotel with decent service and nice amenities.

I checked in for a two-night stay on a Saturday and was given a room on the club (9th) floor. I had several colleagues traveling with me who were staying on other floors and I didn't see much of a difference between my room and theirs. Long story short, if you can get the upgrade, take it...otherwise, don't bother.

I had a room right across from the elevator which, personally, I prefer over having to walk down long hallways to get to and from the hotel lobby. Other than the occasional "ding" of an arriving car, I didn't hear any noise at all from the elevator bank.

I had several issues on my first evening with the wireless Internet access. When the signal to the guest rooms faded in and out, I was redirected to the wireless server for the public areas where I was asked to pay for additional access. A quick call to the support line (1-800 number) solved the problem. The front desk was unable to assist. Apparently this is a new system for which they have not received adequate training on troubleshooting, etc.

The beds are extremely comfortable with a combination of firm and plush pillows. The room was clean and had beautiful granite accents throughout the bathroom and bedroom areas.

I did notice that the room lacked a trash can by the work desk as the sole trash can was located in the bathroom. Only a slight inconvenience, but I thought I'd mention it regardless.

I asked for a late checkout and was given a 3:00PM checkout for an additional day rate of about $80. That left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but that's only because I'm in the hotel business and it was clear that the hotel was not full.

I tried room service for a quick continental breakfast on my last morning and everything was fresh and arrived on time.

All in all, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again. From what I saw in the area, this was definitely the nicest hotel around.

Happy travels!

• Liked — Comfortable bed, great fitness center.
  • Disliked — Front desk service was a bit abrupt and somewhat unhelpful at times.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!