“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Conway, Arkansas
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

- Put us in the wrong type of room (we put 4ppl per room and they put us in king rooms)

- when we had to book an additional room to accomodate the # people in our party, they did not offer to compensate us, give us a discount, etc.

- We had put 4ppl per room on our reservation, but they put us in a King room (2 ppl) and there was only 1 towel per room.

- We were never offered compensation or a discount, even though one person in our party ended up having to sleep on the floor in the extra room we had to purchase.

Overall, I was disappointed because the hotel staff did not seem prepared for our group, or willing to correct their errors.

Room Tip: If you WANT a double bed, you have to type in the comment box "we would like double beds"...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a platinum member and always get great service at Marriott properties. This one, for 4 times, keeps disapointing. On my recent trip, I asked if an upgrade from my normal king room was available and no, there was nothing available. No problem, until I got to my room and it was just across from the elevator bank. "Ding", "DING" all night! The food is ok there but the prices are sky high. There are a ton of restaurants nearby so not a big deal but the breakfast in the club room was not the greatest either.

The staff is always nice, the building is beautiful and the bed is fine. Maybe I had bad luck 4 times in a row. I have had better luck at the Marriott in Southern Hills but that property is pretty dated.

Room Tip: Ask to get your room away from the elevater bank. Eat out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We never want our guests to feel discouraged about staying at our property, and certainly want to make your experience what it should be as a platinum member. I have emailed you directly as we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay(s) in detail and make it right.
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know what in the world people are talking about giving this hotel anything but 5 stars. I mean it's not like there's a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons in Tulsa!
The entire staff was overly attentive and accomodating. Some of these reviews are ridiculous. The rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable with nice linens. Bathrooms are updated and very large. Restaurant was great all the people working in the restaurants and bar were as nice as they could be. I live in Beverly Hills, CA and was very leery about staying here as I had never stayed in a hotel in Tulsa. I have to go to Tulsa quite a bit now and am looking forward to staying again. I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world. This is top of the line for what it should be. The gym is great. Parking is very easy and again the staff could not have been nicer. Best hotel in Tulsa. Someone on here is complaining that they couldn't get a room every night for 77.00? Are you kidding me? Where on earth do you find a hotel room anywhere for 77.00? And at this level of service? If they gave you that rate and you complained I hope they never let you back again. Geez you cannot be serious. Internet was great. The one time I was bounced off line the manager comped my service for my stay. The cable tv was fine. Get a life people. This hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your remarks! Often times, we don't get the opportunity to hear the great stories! We will share with our staff and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tulsa.
destin, florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

made reservation through expedia for a suite. Got there and hotel said that a suite was not available. Was told that we should book directly with hotel and not use expedia. We told them that they shouldn't have an agreement with expedia if they don't intend to keep up their side of the deal.

Not the first time that we have had reservation problems with this hotel....we won't be going back.

shreveport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is very pretty on the outside and the lobby and atrium is beautiful but this atrium connects to the hotel bar. When the bar patrons get loud and have fun until well after midnight, this sound carries to all the rooms because all the room doors open to an open hallway so you can look down into the atrium. I also do not like that just anyone sitting in the lobby can see exactly which room I am going to and that I am traveling alone. I called and was told the hotel had free wifi for patrons. While this is not a lie, it is not completely accurate. There is no free wifi in the rooms, it is $12.95 per day. The free wifi is available in the bar which is not an environment I would be able to work in. The rooms themselves were a little below average for a Renaissance in my opinion. Terrible view from room as well. I know not every room can have a terrific view but you could at least try to make it look nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room. I tried but the hotel was already overbooked.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nicki B, Social Media Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments here and thank you for staying with us. We strive each and every day to provide a safe and secure location for our guests to relax, work, and stay. We are sorry that you didn't feel that way in our atrium setting. Most of our guests feel much more secure in this setting since they are not walking down long dark corridors alone where people can't see them.

We do want to apologize regarding the information you were given regarding the complimentary WIFI. It IS available in the bar; however, it is also available in our atrium area, so that guests don't feel they have to do their business in the bar.

Again, we appreciate your comments. We can only grow and get better if we know where we need to improve. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Was staying here for a conference, so at a much cheaper rate of $77/night, to stay an extra night was $160/night. I would never have paid that much for this hotel. Check-in was very easy & staff was nice. Got to the room to find out we didn't have cable, called & were told the entire floor has no cable (which meant no TV). They offered to reduce our rate (which was being payed by our company) or free breakfast. We took the free breakfast. Had a breakfast buffet equal to a free continental at most places, with burnt gravy & watery eggs, that they normal charge $14/piece. The hot tub broke the 1st day we were there the hot tub broke & no effort was made to fix it during our 3 night stay. Wifi was $14.95/day in your room, free from the lobby. Rather inconvient for working during the evening. Hotel looked nice, but close inspection showed age and need of repair. Very worth the $77 but would not have paid more!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We understand the frustration of not having television available during your stay. While we upgraded our TVs to HD, we unfortunately experienced some outages. While you are correct that WIFI is complimentary in our lobby and bar, the cost in guest rooms is actually $12.95 per day and is complimentary to our Gold and Platinum Elite members.

We hope that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to give you the 4 Diamond experience you were expecting this time. Thank you again for bringing these concerns to our attention.
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My fiance decided I needed a mini vacation away from him and the kids. I didn't want to go out of town, so I used Priceline and ended up with a room here, for two nights, at $40 a night.

I read all the reviews on here before I went, so I was ready for just about anything. I would like to say that one reviewer said you have to drive thru a seedy Target parking lot to get to the hotel. That is untrue. You drive down a street between the Target shopping center and another shopping center. Also, where this hotel is located is not a seedy part of Tulsa, it's one of the nicer areas. There's plenty of shopping and restaurants all nearby.

Anyway, I arrived, and the woman who checked me in was very sweet. She asked if I had a preference of what floor I stayed on. I just said the higher the better due to noise. I asked for a refrigerator in my room, so she put me on the 5th floor, in a room that already had a fridge.

When I first got into my room, it was warm, but I figured it was because I just turned the AC down and the fan up. I didn't stay very long before going out. My friend and I returned around midnight to find the room humid and warm. I called the service desk, and asked if they had a fan. She said she didn't think so, she'd check, but I would probably have to be moved to another room. She said she'd call back. Thirty minutes later I called her back. She informed me they had no fans, that the AC wasn't working right in my room, and that she would move me to another room. She'd send someone up to take me. Ok fine. She also said some electricity was out, so she couldn't make keys for my new room, but that she would have them left under my door so I would have them in the morning. They weren't there when we woke up at 9:30...had to call and request them. Someone brought them right up.

About 5 minutes later a very friendly man knocked, and carried my suitcase to the new room on the 4th floor. This room had no fridge, no lounging chair, and no ice bucket. I can live without those, especially to have good AC. The man asked if I was told I would receive anything complimentary for my trouble. I told him the woman on the phone said nothing, not even I'm sorry. He apologized for her, and said he would make sure my friend and I received complimentary breakfasts. The next morning there was a voucher slipped under my door for two complimentary buffets. While the woman on the phone was rude and I had to call her back, the man was extremely friendly. He also remembered what he promised, the woman did not.

I had no problem with noise, although my 2nd room was as far in the corner and away from the elevator as you could get. The rest of the stay was fine. The breakfast buffet was good. I didn't like the $13 a day for wi-fi, so I just used my phone while there. The bed was very comfortable.

Would I stay there again, of course! Especially if I got it for $40 a night again! I guess there are ups and downs everywhere you go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!