“Friendly service, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 1,137 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mondo's originally opened in Tulsa in 1969 but closed in 1997. It re-opened in March 2012. Food & recipes the same - great food! 918-561-6300
Muskogee, OK
“Friendly service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Mondo's is a small little place, seating is cramped. The service was friendly, our waiter took very good care of us.

The prices were a little higher than I was comfortable with - I ended up getting just a plate of spaghetti as one of the few entrees under $15.

The bread was heavenly, and our antipasto appetizer was quite good. I enjoyed the Caesar salad with my meal, and my only complaint with my dinner was that the Italian sausage was quite hot, and I hadn't been expecting that.

If you like cannolis, Mondo's is worth visiting just for the cannolis.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor Member
“LOVE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

One of my favorite less traveled places to eat ! The house salad dressing is to die for! My boyfriend and I frequent Mondos!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“DON'T GO”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food is mediocre, service was terrible. Got super sick from clam chowder. Never going back. Restaurant has fun ambience, old-time movies playing, Italian photos but is very, very loud. Really disappointed after all the years Mondo's has been in Tulsa, the new location is not up to par in our opinion.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
tulsa, ok
“Good but far from great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thought there might be a wait for a Fathers Day dinner, but there were plenty of tables available so seating was great as was the decor. Without elaborate detail, the toasted bread served with the bruschetta was at least a day old. The salads, Caesar and House were just fine, no problems there. I had a lemony-shrimp-artichoke hearts dish that was actually very good, but not anything that anybody with a little culinary imagination couldn't easily reproduce, but it was at least fresh and tasty. My wife had the 3-meat spaghetti, which I sampled as well, again good, but nothing to rave about. Perhaps most disappointing was the lasagna my father ordered. I didn't taste it but saw that it was heavily pasta layered, ie. more noodle than anything else. Perhaps it was the fact that he went with the marinara instead of the meat sauce, but there didn't appear to be much to it and he said there wasn't much worth mentioning. Then to finish, the cannoli was pretty standard. We're not Mondo's regulars or even Brookside for that matter, but for the price, history and online reviews we hoped for so much more.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa
“Everything GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

From the service to the decor to the wonderful food we all agreed it was a great experience. We tried the calamari, pizza, several baked dishes and enjoyed all. I think this may be one of the better restaurants in the Brookside area. We all agreed the next time we head down that way we will enjoy it once again!

• Visited June 2013