“Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Billy Sims is an Oklahoma treasure and his BBQ is good stuff. I don't know about it being the best, but it's good. It doesn't compare to Chicago or Kansas City or Memphis, but it's good BBQ. It's better than "Fast Food BBQ" and better than a lot of restaurants in either Tulsa or Oklahoma City. And, it's dependable and consistent! A good choice when you need some BBQ!

77% Recommend
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Boomer Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The ribs are tender , smoked just right, and a takeout meal for unexpected guests can be a real treat. Atmosphere at the South Peoria location is not much but the food and good service make this a stop for our family.

Visited December 2012
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“51st & Sheridan Billy Sims BBQ - No Wonder It Wasn't Busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

First, let me share that there are many Billy Sims BBQ restaurants in the Tulsa area. Many of the locations are franchised, so your experience between different locations may vary.

My wife and I went to eat at the location in the Farm Shopping Center at 51st & Sheridan. My wife got the loaded potato and I got the chopped briskit sandwich. We staff was friendly enough and could be attentive as there was only one other couple in the place on a Saturday evening, around 5:30 PM. Our orders were made, and we sat down. The first thing that I noticed is that I could not smell the "smoked" smell of the potato that my wife had ordered. They do not smoke the potato at this location. My wife also stated that her potato was not fully cooked. My sandwich was on a small hamburger bun. I did get a dill spear, but no sliced pickles (I love to eat chopped briskit with sliced pickles and onions). Normally, I get a chopped briskit sandwich on Texas toast or regular bread at other Billy Sims locations. If the staff was not so friendly, I would rate this location as poor.

TIP: Go to the Billy Sims locations at 91st & Memorial (NW corner) or 71st & Aspen in Broken Arrow. I have eaten at those locations and they serve the food correctly.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Some of the Best BBQ in Tulsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Billy Sims BBQ has some of the best Smoked Ribs in Tulsa. Their chopped beef is excellent. Smoked Meat is always fresh and tender,meat on the ribs falls off. The seating is limited go early or go late but plan on some good BBQ. A Must Try in Tulsa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere