“The Relaxed and Friendly Sushi Place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Excellent relatively new sushi restaurant in Tulsa, OK
Description: Excellent relatively new sushi restaurant in Tulsa, OK
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“The Relaxed and Friendly Sushi Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Since the Sushi Place is so close in downtown Tulsa, I drop in regularly. My brother, J. Patrick lives there!!! Not really. He's just there many times a week. I always feel so welcomed when I walk in to this cute little "Place" on Third Street. They usually say, "Hi Baldy. Where have you been?" Then it's time to order. I love the different selections. I like the crunchy ones and the hot ones. The last visit was getting ready for the Thunder game with San Antonio, a loss! We still had a great feast, my friend Pat and I.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good choice and Unique for Tulsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so I don't know about some of the prior posts. I've been here twice. I generally eat sushi once a week and my favorite place is "In the Raw", but I also like going to Sushi Train. At "In the Raw", you see more elite type people for the most part and at Sushi Train - it's more common people. The Sushi Place is somewhere in the middle. We had Sushi, noodles, soup, and appetizers. They prepare their Sushi a little different, so it's interesting trying something different. I know that some of my friends think The Sushi Place is better than In The Raw, but I wouldn't pick that way. Regardless, the The Sushi Place is downtown away from the crowds, it's small, it's well lit so it's a very different feel than ITR, the service is good, and they seem more open to customizing any of their dishes more than any other of the local Sushi places. At any rate, our food was good. The Sushi seemed fresh. I don't know about the prior comments and I'm not Japanese, but for someone from Tulsa that travels extensively through the US and Internationally, this ain't bad Sushi. It's better than anything you can get in a LOT of places! No, it's not In the Raw, but it's good stuff, good service, and pleasant. PLUS, we had a $30 Groupon, which made the entire experience seem like we were Robbing them! HA!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Dishonesty is not the best policy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have posted 3 reviews on urbanspoon and The Sushi Place has deleted all of them. They lied, stole my identity, got caught and now have been deleting the posts from the 4 customers they lied to trying to save face. This is what I wrote at urbanspoon:

I think the owners at The Sushi Place should be ashamed of themselves. I take personal offense that you would be so dishonest and unethical that you would not only pose as a customer, but that you posed as me and my friend. You recklessly stole my identity to childishly defend your restaurant, and now are erasing the evidence. I'm not sure how you managed to delete each post one by one, but we will always know the truth, and we will always share the truth. I'm very disappointed because for one, I actually did enjoy coming here for lunch. I don't come to the Sushi Place because the "food is incredible"—I come here because for the price point the food isn't bad, and I adore Steven and enjoy his humor and wit. I want to thank Courtjestr for discovering another example of the dishonesty in this forum even though you deleted his comment. I find it appalling that you posed as a customer on June 26, 2011 (which is now conveniently deleted) and then carelessly used this account to publicly attempt an apology on June 21, 2012. How many times have you reviewed your own restaurant? How many different accounts do you hold? I think what I find to be most disturbing (more disturbing than lying and posing as customers, more disturbing than stealing my identity, and more disturbing than having actual honest reviews deleted) is the fact that you completely disregarded the original, legitimate complaint. Yes, we came into the restaurant 30 minutes before closing, but as paying customers, we have the right to be treated the same way that you would treat a customer that comes in at 11:30am. The proper response would be to acknowledge that there was a possibility that perhaps your staff was upset that we came in close to closing. Perhaps they rushed and served poorly constructed rolls. Perhaps the nigiri was not edible and perhaps 2 customers received poor service. Perhaps in the future, instead of lying to customers you should accept that not everyone is going to love your place. Stop taking negativity so personal and start using honest feedback (negative or not) to strive to provide a higher quality of food and service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
“Sushi Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Excellent Sushi, wonderful wait-staff! This is my friends go to sushi. Love the food. We believe this is the best sushi in town.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice people, not the best sushi...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The nigiri fish portions are about 1/3 of In the Raw's or Yokozuna's portions. Fresh fish in the display case behind the counter, but not what you get on your plate. My guess is they put the fresh fish in the display case and rotate it out when they get new in and the old rotated is what you get. As for the good reviews on the quality of the food, my only conclusion reached is that the food was rated by those who just don't know any better, have never been to ITR, Yokozuna or Fuji, or are usually fast food, fried food junkies.

• Visited May 2012