“Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Joplin
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This Baymont location knows me by my first name and have my room ready each time I stay here which is usually 2 to 3 nights/days per month. Always clean, quiet, and friendly staff. Highly recommend this as an affordable, clean, safe and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
DIAMOND CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice rooms & worth fighting the temporary road construction to get there. I make several trips to Tulsa each year and usually stay at Baymont.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

AFTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

this is an old hotel and in fair shape but is getting quite shabby. usually find hair on the vanity and in the shower. non smoking rooms sometimes smell of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Such a beautiful room - smelled wonderful and was very clean. They've made many improvements to the hotel over the past few years and they have made all the difference. There are brand new linens and TVs in most of the rooms. It felt like being at a much nicer hotel but for a fraction of the price. The breakfast selection was really good - they had bananas and oranges, a juice machine, four different kinds of cereal, waffle maker, and lots of other breads/pastries to choose from. When we head back to Tulsa, we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hastings, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This property offers a weekly rate that makes this hotel a GREAT value. Very clean, weekly rate only offers room cleaning 2x a week and you have to ask for clean towels when needed. Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canyon, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stopped at this hotel while traveling through Tulsa 7/20/2012. From a positive point, it is VERY accessible from I-44--a contributing factor as to why I stayed there. Secondly, the rate was lower than surrounding properties, so I took a chance.

The front desk woman was very friendly and helpful, the overall property was clean, but my room had issues.

First, I found a disposable razor cover in the tub and some long hairs dried on the wall of the shower, along with the dried/used bar of soap from the last occupant (see pictures). Then behind the bathroom door were a pair of the previous occupant's dirty socks. What confused me was that housekeeping took the time to lay our towels and make the shower curtain look professional, but neglected to actually clean the bathroom.

Outside of the bathroom, the rest of the room was clean and comfortable. The air conditioner worked great (outside air temp was 109 degrees when we checked in). The pool area was clean and easy to get to.

One problem in the room which doesn't fall under the cleanliness category, but needs to be addressed was a broken headboard rail. When my son laid down on one of the beds, the headboard simply fell off the wall onto the bed. Inspecting it, we found that the rail that held it in place was actually broken out of the drywall. We reported it to the front desk who said they would get maintenance to fix it. In all fairness, the hotel staff may not even have known this problem existed so I can't hold it against them in this case.

What is crazy, is that while the bathroom wasn't cleaned, the value and accessibility make this a very easy hotel to stay at and I think if I could be convinced it was a fluke, I would stay here again. With attention to detail in cleaning (maybe a supervisor could follow up the housekeeping staff and check the rooms), this would be a great place to stay. I simply don't know how they cleaned the sleeping area well, but missed the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Usually stay here because price is good and rooms are clean. However this stay will probably be the last. First I tried calling repeatedly to confirm our reservation because we were arriving after 6pm. Finally after the 3rd time I reached someone. The hotel is hard to get to off I-44 and after circling the hotel twice we found the correct side road to it. When I got to the check-in desk there was no one in site! This explains why it took so long to get an answer when I called earlier. After about 5-7 minutes the clerk shows up. I ask if the extra towels and pillows were already in room and she said yes. Get to room and they're not. Well by this time we needed to be in bed and it just wasn't worth any more hassle. The next morning I call front desk to have them print my receipt as it had not been delivered yet. She said it would be ready when we checked out. Nope...had to wait on that too. Just a very unpleasant experience all the way! Too bad.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Tulsa? Share your experiences!