“Excellent get away and family fun” 5 of 5 stars

Trade Winds Central Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3141 East Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74105-6375   |
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Excellent get away and family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff made this get away a wonderful experience. Easy and fast highway access makes it easy to get around Tulsa and the surrounding communities. Had an excellent time at The Elephant Run Bar, great band over the weekend and friendly and helpful wait staff. Reasonable priced for a hotel. The breakfast in the morning was absolutely amazing, eggs, sausage, biscuits gravy, I am getting hungry just typing this.......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My Father and I traveled to Tulsa for a conference and have been staying at this hotel for many years. The rooms this year were nicer since we stayed here 7 years ago however the service was just not great. Andrew was super friendly at check-in however. We did not receive housekeeping the second day and I work in the hotel industry so I know not to put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door but the staff tried to excuse the no housekeeping by assuming I must have had my sign on my door. Breakfast was HORRIBLE and not near a selection worth paying for and don't ask for water or the rude breakfast attendant will send you down the hall to the water fountain......ELEPHANT RUN BAR WAS AWESOME!!!!!!! Extremely friendly staff, Melissa and Sherie made my stay worth while and I don't even drink!! THANKS ladies for making the experience worth it!!

• Stayed March 2013
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Interesting place to say the least. The staff was very friendly initially during checkin. Also, the staff at the Elephant Run Bar was very friendly and helpful when asked about good places to see and eat throughout the city. Drinks and Saturday night entertainment was terrific! The hotel room, however, was a different story. The floor in the room was dirty as though it had not been vacuumed, there was dust and dirt on everything in the room, the water in the shower came out in a trickle, and the drain in the tub was clogged so even though there was not much water pressure, the tub soon filled up during my husband's shower. It drained out so slowly there was no time for me to shower. When we mentioned all this to the housekeeping staff, it was obvious they did not care. I feel sorry for the staff in the bar and grill because they alone deserve a better rating, but the hotel itself is terrible. I do not recommend this place if you are expecting a place to be clean.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Catoosa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I staid one night and loved it. I had a wonderful view of the pool and it was very relaxing. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The staff is very friendly and even though I had no complaints I'm sure they would of jumped on top of any situation I had if there was anything wrong. They breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Not a lot of people were down there witch made it relaxing and the coffee was fresh and hot. When it was time for me to check out I was greeted with a smile and "How are you this morning." I had a wonderful visit I would visit this place again anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We came for a wedding. We enjoyed our stay and the hot breakfast was also very good. When we checked in we were greeted by friendly staff. We were given a room we could park right in front of our door. I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here from 9/24/12 to 9/28/12 during the Tulsa State Fair. The hotel is located just 3 miles from the fairgrounds, so it was very convenient. The front desk staff was friendly and the room was a great value. Not fancy, but clean and updated. The complimentary breakfast offered both hot and cold selections. Great stay for your money and I will be back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

After a long drive I was met at the front desk with a warm smile. The room was clean, comfortable and had more amenities than I expected for the price. Good hot breakfast and convenient midtown location for our golf trip. Enjoyed the Elephant Run club inside the hotel. I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Trade Winds Central Inn? Share your experiences!