“Better places to spend your money.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,104 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elgin
Description: Juniper Restaurant strives to provide our guest with the best quality of local farmed food, in a warm casual atmosphere and with outstanding service.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Better places to spend your money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Maybe I'm just not a French food fan, but I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, food quality was very fresh, and my filet was cooked to perfection. But the chemical char from the gas grill overwhelmed the flavor of the meat. We spent how much for a gas grilled steak??? My husband had the duck two ways, and although both were delicious, the amount of duck on the plate might have been about half a duck breast. For $28? I also had the roasted beet salad, and though it was good, it was overwhelmingly sweet. The entire meal had sweet undertones, so needless to say, we didn't want any dessert. Service was good, but we won't be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Amazing food. It was breast cancer awareness so they has a menu to raise money for the cause and everything was pink. I had this amazing stew with beets...the kind of stew you want to lick the bowl clean!

Visited October 2012
Oklahoma
“Great downtown addition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a great dining experience - good service, well-priced delicious food and excellent wine list in a cozy, casual environment. Can't wait to return and try cocktails or dessert - all looked good but we didn't partake.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Down on the corner....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed overnight with friends in Tulsa and my wife and I hosted them to supper at the restaurant of their choice. They chose Juniper and it was a nice selection. My wife chose the stuffed quail and I ordered the prime filet. Both were excellent along with the house wines. Our server was very helpful and prompt and was rewarded for it. It was a long drive downtown and I'm glad I was not driving, but it is a fine dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Needs follow-up flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We love french food and were excited to try juniper due to generally good reviews. They're one of the first places I've been in a while, that actually treats their wine correctly - even the red is chilled appropriately. Good drinks, and a nice atmosphere. Presentation of the food is very nice. But from here in, the food isn't as full-flavored as you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. It's a shame as most of the food is close to being good, but can't quite get across the finish line. For example the carrot soup is very creamy, and has a nice initial flavor, but then it just then falls flat, which makes it taste like it was canned. Sausage-stuffed quail again had great appearance, but was disappointingly bland as well. The sausage had little flavor and was much like ground beef. The quail was complemented with a thin ragu, but oddly also had cucumbers and tzatziki (cucumber yogurt). I like both flavors, but they're not really good together.

Maybe we caught them on an off night and we'll likely stop in for an appetizer once more to see.

• Visited September 2012