“A little Dry” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“A little Dry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I discovered this place wondering around through a parking lot. It has a nice atmosphere. I had beef brisket and beer can chicken combo. The food is on the salty and dry side. It will go well with a beer. Unfortunately, I finished the beer before the food came out. It was 1:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. I wonder why it took them more than 30 minutes to prepare the food. The waitress are friendly. If I have more time to drink another beer or two, it would be great.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome! Tucked away in the Blue Dome district near/next to Joe Mommas. Quirky decor, food was awesome! Candied bacon, fried dill pickles, "real" sweet tea, dry ribs, macaroni and cheese to die for. Potato salad was not recommended by the few in my group that had it. Pulled pork was exactly right! Just the right amount of smoky flavor without any extra sauce needed. They have two sauce choices-- mild and the Okie sauce, which had a bit of a kick in the aftertaste. It was a slow night when we went, so the service was quick. Even the chef said Hi when we left. Would definitely go back.

Visited April 2013
Tulsa
“Great Barbeque in downtown Tulsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We enjoyed the barbeque experience at Back Alley Blues. My wife and I went in the late afternoon and were pleasantly surprised to see at least half the tables occupied. The chopped beef sandwiches that we chose were very good and rivaled any we have had in trips to Kansas City or Memphis.

Visited July 2012
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I got the four meat combo. It was very good. The ribs were tiny, but good. The chicken was probably the best I've had at a BBQ place. My wife got a sandwich. It was not so good--way too soggy. In fact, she scraped the meat off the bread and just ate the meat. The bathroom was a little nasty. That doesn't really bother me, but I know it's a big turn-off for some. I liked the atmosphere (reminds me of a beer joint that serves BBQ). There was also a huge TV with the Thunder game on which I enjoyed. It is very noisy inside. This is probably not the place for a business meal or special occasion. The service is also not good. It took forever to get our food and we often found ourselves looking around for our waitress when we needed her. There was no reason for this as we went on a Thursday night and the place was nearly empty. I noticed a lot of people complain about the price, but if this place is more expensive than other BBQ places it's not by much at all.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highlandville
“Back Alley SmackDown Sandwich!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was just in Tulsa, Ok to attend the BASS Classic, looked for good BBQ and found it! Back Alley Blues and BBQ has great BBQ, friendly employees, a nice brick/blues atmosphere. We all ordered sandwiches from pulled pork to my Back Alley Smackdown Sandwich which consisted of pulled pork, brisket, homemade slaw and a sliced hot link on top, served with home fried chips with a peach ketchup!!! What a sandwich and for $8.99, Really??? Almost too cheap!!! We also had the pork nachos to start with again very good!!!! I liked and will return when in Tulsa.

• Visited February 2013