“Without Jason they'd have nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #62 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Missouri
“Without Jason they'd have nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Needed a last minute park/sleep/fly and they fit the requirements. Clean room, comfortable bed, but what made the place was the morning desk clerk/shuttle driver, Jason. An exceptional nice person who knew customer service! If he could have been more accommodating I wouldn't know how. He took our bags from the room to the shuttle, made sure we'd had some breakfast, and got us to the airport on time all with the most pleasant attitude I've seen in a long time. The return to the hotel was a whole other story. We phoned for the shuttle after we collected our bags, I was told "I" had misinformed them about our return time (not only had I told them the wrong time ,but I'd also told them the wrong airline I was returning on... I don't think so). Soooo, the shuttle took 30 minutes to show, and was driven by some guy with a horrible attitude. I'll probably try to find a different spot to stay next time, but I will miss Jason's attentiveness.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1034Country, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Neal Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Double Oak, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everyone at HQ told me there are no "decent hotels" in NE Tulsa (close to our branch office at Admiral and 169). So I found this place, for $69 per night that was two miles away. Be aware, this hotel is in a fringe location. Next door is a flop house of a hotel, and everywhere within a few miles looks like either a hotel for truckers or hookers. But Country Inn is a respite in this desert of filth. Newly remodeled, two story, rooms were fine. My refrigerator didn't work. They replaced it while I was gone for the day. Now, within two miles is the Rib Crib restaurant. Within one minute is a giant QT store, so you've got food and gas and about whatever else you need.
BTW, when my fridge was out, the staff at Country Inn offered to place my leftover ribs and wings in their kitchen fridge for the day until I got back. Also, free breakfast, coffee, USA Today, etc. I'll stay again and recommend to my work friends, who have been staying in the overhyped 171st St. area and probably paying twice as much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I checked out of the hotel on Tues, April 15th and I did not notice my tablet, a black Microsoft Surface RT with black type cover, was missing until I arrived at my next location. I immediately called the hotel and tried to speak to the manager, who was unavailable, less than 24 hrs after I checked out. It took him 2 hours to call me back. In the meantime, I spoke to the corporate customer service who told me I had to directly contact the local management who "did not keep a set schedule". While I was out of service zone, he called and left a voicemail, and I responded after returning to cell phone service. He said that he and his staff had tore the hotel apart and did not find my tablet. He urged me to double check my belongings. And I did. I knew exactly where I had last places my tablet, on top of the microwave in the cabinet in my hotel room, and yet they couldn't find it. I filed a police report, and noticed the management that I would be back in Tulsa on Friday. Friday afternoon, 20 minutes before I arrived, they rented the room I stayed in to someone else, so I was therefore denied from searching the room myself. The manager/owner of the hotel stands behind each one of his employees have worked with him for "over 5 years". But, if the room hadn't been rented out, and everyone had checked the room, and various parts of the hotel, where is my tablet? It should still be on top of the microwave in the cupboard. And if it's not, there must be some other explanation.

While the rooms were nice, there were stains in the carpet, and the decor was outdated.

The only saving grace was Brenda, the evening desk clerk. She was a sweetheart. And when my office chair was broken (the last place I was using my tablet on the desk!) she replaced it quickly.

There are many other hotels in Tulsa. I would STRONGLY recommend staying somewhere else. Unless you want things missing, or an owner/manager who isn't geared towards customer service.

• Stayed April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I read all the reviews (some good, some bad)for this hotel before booking. I wasn't expecting a world class hotel, but was very pleased with this choice. The hotel was convenient to the airport--just a couple miles away and easy to find. The hotel itself was very clean and cozy feeling with every staff person we met very friendly. The breakfast was terrific and saved time and money. Our bathtub faucet dripped, but didn't bother us. The only thing to be aware of is that the hotel doesn't have an elevator so we had to lug our suitcases up and down the staircase. I'm sure we could have requested a first floor room if it had been a problem. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, request a first floor room--no elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Hey, you get what you pay for. I actually got more than I bargained for. It was nice, clean, close to all I needed and the staff were fabulous, even with all my silly little requests for anything from more coffee, combs for my daughter, a safety pin and wine bottle openers. Breakfast was nice, and included in the price. I actually looks at the reviews from people who whinge about this motel and wonder why you would expect super star treatment on a 5 star scale, but don't go else where, pay the mega bucks to be treated like second class citizens and Aruba shoulders with snobs!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the establishment, the staff and the interactions. Yeah, some minor things if you look hard you can moan about, but I felt safe and warm and welcomed here, that's my main concerns answered, thank you Country Inn and Suites!!! I will be back.

Stayed February 2014
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Needs renovation bad. Black mold on the wall above the shower. Back door of hotel was not locked at night.
Clerk put us in the middle room on the second floor - furthest possible room from the parking lot. Requested non-feather pillows once checked in (nite clerk said he didn't have a key to housekeeping). Clerk advised he would fix it after 8 am. I slept without a pillow all 3 nites.
Not impressed at all. Will not return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1034Country, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete TripAdvisor Review.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Neal Patel
918234-3535
Addison, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great Quiet Place to stay off the beaten path !.5 miles north of I-44E. Great Desk Clerk. Comfortable beds..carpet was clean...lots of outlets. Micro & fridge are behind the entertainment system doors...Microwave hard to use in the entertainment center it slides back into the cabinet..should be on the counter not in the cabinet...minor problem. The desk was ready to fall apart very wobbly and the plugs didn't work @ the desk. Very slow internet connection. We had a lot of laundry to do..and got it all done..in the nice large laundry room..right across from our room. Brkfst was homemade and very good..Great Juices. Homemade french toast & sausage, yogurt, fruit and cereal. We would stay here again...we only paid $48...because we used some of our Carlson Club points. We stayed in Tulsa once before near the Will Rogers Airport..we liked this place better..easier to get too..less congested.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa? Share your experiences!