“Good location by airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Wichita, Kansas
“Good location by airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed for one night when in town on business. The location of the hotel is great if you are using the airport or doing business with one of the businesses located around the airport. There isn't much else around the hotel so that might be a down-side if you do not have your own vehicle. The room was clean and well furnished with a refrigerator, microwave and Kuerig machine to make coffee/tea. I found it very comfortable for the business traveler with a lounge chair and large work desk. The cook-to-order breakfast was included with my rate, but I think it might be an additional $10.95 for other travelers. Overall a very good hotel if you want to stay near the airport. I can only give 4 stars because of thin walls through which I could hear voices and airplanes taking off. The airplane noise can be expected for a location right at the airport but the noises from next door and the hallway were not anticipated.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with and the nice comments. We are a great location for those staying at the airport. We are close to other areas by taxi or one of the many options to rent cars at the airport car rental locations. We also have a shuttle that goes to and from the airport. Thank you for staying and glad you enjoyed the Coffee\Tea in the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My room had just been remodeled and was great. The daytime staff was great, but the afternoon staff was not so pleasant. Nice business center had all I needed for my work. Breakfast at the restaurant was all made to order tasted fine. Pool was small, but still nice in the middle of winter. No real problems during a 5 day stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor. Third floor was being renovated.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your 5 day stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. I will share the comments with the morning and afternoon shift. I am sorry you found the evening crew less enjoyable. We will work on that. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had an early flight out of Tulsa, so booked a room at Embassy Suites. When we got there, an ice storm had knocked out power. Decided not to risk getting stuck, so moved to Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, shuttle to and from airport (walking distance) and car parking @ $3/nt while gone. Thought it was a risk after reading several reviews, so we made sure to look at the room before locked in. The place was clean, the staff curteous (although, one a bit drifty), and the breakfast buffet and made-to-order eggs/omelets pretty good. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for the nice comments about the hotel. We do our best to have a clean and friendly hotel with easy access to and from the Airport. We do have many great repeat customers and we get to know them by name. I hope you do return so we can add you to those names we remember and use. Have a great week.
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Every person here was great the hotel has been updated, but the walls are still quite thin. Northing to be done about that. The food was good with the dining staff being very friendly during a recent ice storm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for the nice comment about our great staff. We are finishing up a 100% room renovation by the end of January and then updateing our lobby. It will be great. I hope you don't have to stay durring an ice storm next time burt we do hope you will come back and see us. Happy New Years.
tulsa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

they were remodeling the floor i stayed on. all i could smell was paint fumes. the bathroom floor and sink still had paint drips in them. the shower faucet would not work properly. would not stay there again. the desk staff were rude.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I want to say I am sorry about the paint smell of the rooms. We are doing a renovation and the rooms are looking really nice. We are in the process of completing rooms then detailing them to make sure they are ready to go for the guest. However fresh paint on the walls dose make for a strong smell. I would love to talk to you about your stay if you give us a call. Let me know when you stayed and I will research the details and talk to the staff that was working. I would love to help in anyway to make up for your displeasure.
Hartselle, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The room I was in was recently renovated. In fact, it was SO recently renovated, it still smelled strongly of paint. I had to leave the window open to air out the room. Other than that, the room was large, the bed was VERY comfortable, the hotel was right AT the airport, and it was easy access to Tulsa and the surrounding areas. Everything in the room worked and was clean. They were working on the hallway, so there was sheetrock all up and down the hall along with various bits of lumber. I was gone during the day, so I never saw (or heard) work being done. Also, the airport pretty much shuts down about 11PM, so I never had trouble with jet noise during the night.
So once they get the renovation finished, this should be a great place to stay, but in the meantime, if you are sensitive to paint smell, be sure to open a window.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
thank your for the great comments about the rooms. We will be finishing up the room renovation by the end of January and we will have 100% of our rooms done. We do our best to only work in the day time. We appologize for the paint smell. We are working on airing the rooms out but some nights are very busy and every room is needed. We hope you will come back soon and see the finished product. thank you again.
Chanute, Kansas, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Unfortunately we had 4 rooms that we had to cancel and as soon as I found out I tried to cancel but t was after the cutoff date. Your policy is to still charge for the 1st nite stay. They were only going to stay one nite so we were charged for all four rooms. I would have thought you could have done something better than that. Won't use you again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I am sorry to here you are Disappointed. We do have a 6pm same day cancelation policy unless you book a advance purchase that can't be canceled. We do not have an oppertunity to resale a room after 6 pm on day of arrival. If cancled before that time the hope is we can get someone else to use the room. While we hold it for a guest other guest are turned away. I am sorry that you had this issues. Depending on the reason you had to cancel you can call the hotel and aske for the manager and we can usaly work something out to help ease the cancelation fee. So I would suggest you give us a call and we can see what we can do for you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport? Share your experiences!