“Great Tulsa Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial
Ranked #6 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Tulsa Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I only spent one night at this Hampton Inn in Tulsa, but we both agreed that it was a very pleasant experience. When I made the reservation directly online, I requested a room that was easliy accessible so my wife wouldn't have to walk far. We were assigned a ground level king room only a very short walk from the side entrance. The room itself was well decorated and had a larger flatscreen TV. The bathroom also seemed larger than usual. Breakfast was very satisfying - many choices and well stocked. The front desk clerk was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Relatively new facility and the room was well laid out with great desk/work area. Free Wi-Fi was easy to access with only the last name and room number required to enable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonSuites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thanks for your comment regarding the High Speed Internet Access, we just recently converted to Hampton's Stay Connected Program, so I'm pleased to hear that you found it easy to log on.

We hope to have you as our guest again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

First of all, I just stayed here last night. No evidence of any bed bugs nor have I seen one at any of the 40 or 50 Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. This location has been remodeled and is very nice. Brighter color theme comparable to newer Fairfield Inn's. Front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. Evening "manager's reception" was one of the better one's. Pop, Beer, Wine, fresh hot pizza, chips.... and a very friendly "hostess". Same gal worked the breakfast as well. Rooms were great and TV had many 'high def' choices.
Location is great with plenty of restaurant / shopping choices nearby. Airport is a 10 min drive. This is one of the nicest Hampton's you'll find.
Finally, where else can you find a pop machine where it's still only .75 ???

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. As always, ask for an upgrade.... why not?
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kubzfan,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed our new look, we love it too. We appreciate your positive comments about our staff; I'll be sure to pass those along and recognize their efforts.

Hope to see you again soon

FORT WAYNE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Although we love Hampton inns this one disappointed us. It was clean and breakfast standard Hampton fare, but we discovered a bed bug on our wall the morning after our one night stay. Took it to the night clerk who confirmed it was a bed bug via the Internet. Even though we said we were freaked out and upset, they didn't offer a refund in spite of us being Hilton honors customers. I filed a complaint with Hampton online and did receive a call saying they would look into it....but nothing further since then and that was two months ago. Ok place to stay if you want to chance bed bugs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
The South
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Nice job on this facility. I dogged them in the fall for not warning visitors of their remodel project.

Now that it's done, it's super. I hope to stay here every time I visit Tulsa.

While you're there, hit "Lanna Thai" around the corner on Memorial. Well worth it, if you like Thai food.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HamptonSuites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Kevster28,

We're so glad you like our new look, we love it too. Rennovation definitely has it's challenges but we feel the positive changes and the new fresh look were worth it. Thank you for bearing with us and giving us another chance. We hope to see you again soon.

General Manger
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This hotel appears to have recently completed a very nice rennovation of their property - either that or it is new. Everything inside looks almost brand new, and has a modern style to it.

The front desk staff was very helpful - after checking in, I tried to turn on the televsion only to find it did not work. The front desk staff arrived just a few minutes after I reported the problem, and when they could not fix it, they promptly offered me another room (identical in features). They hand delivered the new keys and I did not have to go to the check in desk to retrieve them.

The rooms are very nice - I had a room with a king sized bed, which also included a small refrigerator and microwave. The room was very clean when I arrived and was cleaned nicely between the two nights I stayed. Either the rooms are well-insulated or the guests were exceptionally quiet - I did not hear any outside noises either night, and I was sharing the hotel with several teenage soccer teams. I saw them talking quietly in the hallway a few times, but I did not hear anything inside my room.

One thing to be aware of for families - this hotel has only an outdoor pool. If you are taking kids who want to swim, this may not be your ideal accomodations during the winter.

The rooms do have free wireless internet, with a passcode given to guests at check in. The only thing slightly annoying, was that the internet would disconnect every few hours (each time I left my room), and the passcode had to be re-entered each time to reconnect.

The free breakfast provided by the hotel was very nice and had a variety of options. They served a couple of hot dishes (eggs and sausage, oatmeal) plus basic continental breakfast staples, including fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, toast, juice, coffee, etc. They also had a make-your-own waffle station. I appreciated the fresh fruit and yogurt - I prefer to eat a lighter, relatively healthy breakfast, and many hotels do not offer these options. Breakfast was served from 6-10, and I slept in late and arrived at 9:30 one morning to find plenty of food still available, despite the fact that a large group of teenage athletes were staying there and had already eaten.

The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel, was the fact that the key cards de-magnetize if you look at them funny. I had to have the hotel reactivate my card, despite the fact that it had not come into contact with any other items. They need to consider upgrading their system.

The hotel is in a nice and safe location, close to lots of shopping and restaurants, but far enough from the main street to avoid noise problems. It is directly across the street from the Woodland Hills Mall. There is also a Target grocery store just a few blocks away, if you want something to use in your refrigerator and microwave. It is less than 5 minutes from a major highway, so it is easy to get to anywhere else in town that you need to go. Parking is free and there are plenty of spaces available.

I booked this hotel through American Airlines vacations, and it was no more expensive than just buying the plane ticket by itself, so it was almost like I got the room for free, which makes it an even better value than it would have been otherwise. I'm sure this hotel is worth whatever the regular rate is, I have stayed at 4- and 5-star properties that were not as clean and did not offer as many amenities included in the room rate as this 2-star property has. I would recommend this hotel to someone wanting to stay in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are at the back of the hotel and do not face the main street. They may b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This Hampton Inn is awesome! Brand new and beautifully decorated! Great staff and I had a great stay here! Will come back when I'm in Tulsa!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial? Share your experiences!