This hotel appears to have recently completed a very nice rennovation of their property - either that or it is new. Everything inside looks almost brand new, and has a modern style to it.
The front desk staff was very helpful - after checking in, I tried to turn on the televsion only to find it did not work. The front desk staff arrived just a few minutes after I reported the problem, and when they could not fix it, they promptly offered me another room (identical in features). They hand delivered the new keys and I did not have to go to the check in desk to retrieve them.
The rooms are very nice - I had a room with a king sized bed, which also included a small refrigerator and microwave. The room was very clean when I arrived and was cleaned nicely between the two nights I stayed. Either the rooms are well-insulated or the guests were exceptionally quiet - I did not hear any outside noises either night, and I was sharing the hotel with several teenage soccer teams. I saw them talking quietly in the hallway a few times, but I did not hear anything inside my room.
One thing to be aware of for families - this hotel has only an outdoor pool. If you are taking kids who want to swim, this may not be your ideal accomodations during the winter.
The rooms do have free wireless internet, with a passcode given to guests at check in. The only thing slightly annoying, was that the internet would disconnect every few hours (each time I left my room), and the passcode had to be re-entered each time to reconnect.
The free breakfast provided by the hotel was very nice and had a variety of options. They served a couple of hot dishes (eggs and sausage, oatmeal) plus basic continental breakfast staples, including fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, toast, juice, coffee, etc. They also had a make-your-own waffle station. I appreciated the fresh fruit and yogurt - I prefer to eat a lighter, relatively healthy breakfast, and many hotels do not offer these options. Breakfast was served from 6-10, and I slept in late and arrived at 9:30 one morning to find plenty of food still available, despite the fact that a large group of teenage athletes were staying there and had already eaten.
The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel, was the fact that the key cards de-magnetize if you look at them funny. I had to have the hotel reactivate my card, despite the fact that it had not come into contact with any other items. They need to consider upgrading their system.
The hotel is in a nice and safe location, close to lots of shopping and restaurants, but far enough from the main street to avoid noise problems. It is directly across the street from the Woodland Hills Mall. There is also a Target grocery store just a few blocks away, if you want something to use in your refrigerator and microwave. It is less than 5 minutes from a major highway, so it is easy to get to anywhere else in town that you need to go. Parking is free and there are plenty of spaces available.
I booked this hotel through American Airlines vacations, and it was no more expensive than just buying the plane ticket by itself, so it was almost like I got the room for free, which makes it an even better value than it would have been otherwise. I'm sure this hotel is worth whatever the regular rate is, I have stayed at 4- and 5-star properties that were not as clean and did not offer as many amenities included in the room rate as this 2-star property has. I would recommend this hotel to someone wanting to stay in Tulsa.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tulsa - Woodland Hills Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tulsa - Woodland Hills Hotel Tulsa
- Hampton Inn Tulsa
- Tulsa Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st- Memorial hotel is located in just off Highway 169 and within walking distance of Woodland Hills Mall. Cruise down the celebrated Route 66 or commune with the animals at America's favorite zoo. Enjoy a summertime theater production at Discoveryland, or spend an afternoon cooling off at Big Splash Water Park. Stay at this contemporary Tulsa hotel and enjoy a relaxing night in a clean and fresh Hampton bed®, or surf the net with our free high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.