“A bit disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Ravenna

Villa Ravenna
6526-A East 51st Street, Between 51 and Sheridan at the Farm Shopping Center, Tulsa, OK 74145
+1 918-270-2666
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Ravenna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,137 Restaurants in Tulsa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 51st & Sheridan
Description: Authentic Italian Cuisine, Italian owned with hands-on operation. You will find a Romantic, table cloth, candlelit atmosphere, Live classical music (Weekends). Home made pastas, game meats, sea food and specials offered daily, as well as our traditional plates. With our three generation in business we are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a great selection of fine wines. For information on one of a kind Wine Dinners, join us our exclusive customer email list for mayor events by sending us your contact information in our website.
Owasso, Oklahoma
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After seeing the review on TA, I was excited to take my wife to VR. Really quaint, great ambience. But we waited at least 15-20 minutes before anyone brought us water or menus. And the place wasn't packed, either. Waiters kept walking past us (we sat at the table right at the entrance) but never acknowledged us.
Finally, we got menus and were impressed at how extensive it was. I ordered the Red Snapper. The portion was fairly small and surprisingly "fishy" tasting rather than delicate. I should know better than to order fish outside of coastal areas. However, the pasta dishes were really, really good. You could tell they were made in house and were perfectly "al dente". The atmosphere alone makes this restaurant deserve a second shot. And one less-than-perfect dish doesn't mean that it's not a great place. We'll be back to see if our experience was a rare off-night or not.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
saitame1210, Owner at Villa Ravenna, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I'm sorry you feel that way , we can assure you we have fresh fish , and many other to choose from that way you like better . I'm always in the restaurant and ask almost every table if everything is to your liking , please try us and we are sure you would like us and let me know how is our service

We hope to see you soon

Best regards

Owner

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“After reading so many great reviews about this restaurant we were very disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We expected so much more. My pasta had a good flavor but it was served luke warm and chewy. We also tried the grilled salmon and found it to be a little dry without much flavor. Tulsa has better Italian food options for less money. Not planning on going back anytime soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I came here last week with my family and had a great experience. Service was fantastic and the owner came to recommend some wine to pair with our meal. The food is always outstanding. I had the wild boar osso bucco and had to have a side of their great spaghetti carbonara, all were incredible! The appetizers were also very good; we had the wild boar sausage and the bacon-wrapped figs. Anytime someone asks for a recommendation on an Italian restaurant, I always tell them about this place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saitame1210, Owner at Villa Ravenna, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for join us, we hope to see you back soon and take care of you

Have a great day

Tulsa
“Great place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I tried this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews and was very pleased. The most outstanding aspect of the experience was the service. Showed up without reservation and the owner found us a great table. All the wait staff for the table (three) were friendly, efficient and knowledgable. The atmosphere was quaint and above par. The food was also excellent. The only reason I didn't rate this higher was I didn't particularly love what I ordered (something I had never tried). The quality of the food was quite good and I did love the appetizers and their wine list. It was a little pricey (at $200 for two people) but we honestly indulged and sampled both wines and deserts. I will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Simply the best Italian in Tulsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Excellent food and service is only the "Primo Piatti". The atmosphere is authentic Italian. You'll feel like you are on vacation. Enjoy Villa Ravens soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
saitame1210, Owner at Villa Ravenna, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We are glad you enjoy Villa Ravenna , will be glad always to take care of you and your family
Happy Holidays