“Better than some, but ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Ohio
“Better than some, but ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed overnight while passing through the area, based upon the glowing reviews. The location, which some seem to like, seems pretty undesirable to me: a big cluster of chain hotels located next to a busy multilane street of older strip shopping centers. There are few attractions or good restaurants nearby.
Check-in was quick and friendly. The public areas are nicely decorated. This appeared to be a bit older property that had been refreshed.
Our room was mostly in the more modern style that I particularly like, with a sofa from a prior scheme. The entry and bathroom floors were very attractive tiles. There was a big empty space that looked to be missing something. I wish they had provided something - a rack or anything - on which to put our luggage. Instead, we had to keep it on the floor.
Breakfast was the basic Hampton offering. The attendant was nice and helpful. WiFi worked great. So there were no big problems, but nothing great either.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tiffany S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Central, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I appreciate your candid review. Although you did not encounter any issues, you did not encounter anything marvelous either: and this is simply not acceptable in my books. I want each and every guest to have a great experience that stands out from the rest. Please contact me at your convenience as I would love the opportunity to visit with you more about your stay (918-779-4000 or tiffany.smith@hilton.com). I hope to hear from you soon and would like to have the opportunity to "wow" you on your next trip to Tulsa.

Tiffany Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
oklahoma city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I checked in to hotel and clerk greeted me and said she had my HH on file and would I like to upgrade to suite they available for no extra cost. Things like this make your hotel excellent. The room was very nice , but the customer service is what sets you apart.

Dear Dwight,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you receieved the level of service that you deserve. I hope to see you again soon!

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel virtually every week for the past year. As a traveling consultant, I have my choice of hotels, and the reason why I chose this hotel is because of their exceptional customer service. I have personally vetted the General Manager, Tiffany, as an individual who places her guests experiences at the top of her priority. This is seen in many facets: 1) Her staff- these people are awesome... from front desk, to breakfast staff, to cleaning staff... they all seem happy to be there, 2) Issue resolution- If there is a problem, she empowers her staff to fix it on the spot (and if they can't fix it, she will... immediately), and 3) Hotel Presentation - This hotel is immaculate. In the year I have been staying here, I've never seen a mess. Furthermore, I know that Tiffany leads by example, often taking taking care of menial tasks (like shoveling snow) when her staff were occupied with other things.

The beds are amazing. They come with 5-6 fluffy pillows and an extremely comfortable mattress (not to mention the hotel is only 2 years old!).

Security is great... there are cameras in every hallway, exterior electronic room locks, and two interior manual room locks. In addition, all entry ways into the hotel require a key card in order to enter (except the main entrance) after curfew.

This is by far the best limited service hotel at which I have stayed. This can be solely credited to the leadership and staff of those running the place. They exhibit deep commitment a customer service that is above and beyond expectations.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suite... lots of open space and trendy looking too!
Dear Tim,

Words cannot begin to express the deep gratitude I have for your kind words and your patronage throughout the years you have stayed with us. I know that I speak for everyone here at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa Central when I say that you will be missed dearly. It has been a pleasure to serve as your home away from home. Thank you for everything!

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was the first time at this Hampton Inn. The hotel is beautiful. I could tell it was fairly new because of the decor. I asked the front desk they indicated this hotel was under three years old. We were placed in the suites for the night. Spacious, again beautiful, rooms were quiet & clean. Service from the front desk was very good, very helpful. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Central, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you so very much for staying with us and your kind review of our hotel. It is a pleasure having you as our guest, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again during your next visit to Tulsa,

AUBREY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Always have a good experience with Hampton Hotels and this location did not disappoint. I don't mind traveling for work as long as I can find a Hampton to stay in. The beds are the most comfortable and the rooms are very clean.

Dear Katie,

We love Hampton too! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope that we can serve as your Tulsa Hampton for all of your upcoming visits to our area. We love having you here!

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Appearance, cleanliness, breakfast, and staff are all very good. A little hard to find, so do some homework with maps before you arrive. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. This hotel seems even newer than the two years of age that it is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, but sorry to hear to that you had a hard time finding us. We are looking forward to your next visit to Tulsa.

Forney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went for my son's orientation at a nearby welding school. We loved the location, price and friendliness of the staff. We will return again soon and often while he in school. There was plenty of room for the entire family of 5.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you and your family had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tiffany Smith

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Central? Share your experiences!