“Out of this world egg rolls- will be back with friends” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 1,108 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Asian
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Out of this world egg rolls- will be back with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011 via mobile

Great food- egg drop soup very good- egg rolls the best I have ever tested - seasame chicken different but good - great sauces!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Owasso, Oklahoma
“great authentic asian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This place has the best Seafood Tom Yum in Tulsa... The other food is great too. They make their own sauses from scratch and it is very obvious - great place. Not the best part of town so go for lunch or early dinner.

• Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
“Lovely Chinese Cuisine in Quiet Strip Mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We went to this restaurant based soley on reviews posted here and were not disappointed. From NY, we wanted a break from the New Mex, Old Mex, Tex Mex, etc. on our Route 66 journey.
We were a little taken aback when the restaurant appeared to be uninhabiterd but bravely entered drawn by the small "open" sign. There were no patrons in the nicely furnished restaurant. Apparently the rain had led to an early rush (per the owner) and we were treated royally.
As another reviewer noted, there was a second menu that was more traditional Chinese cuisine (not the laminated red on white "American" menu). We started with a mixed egg drop wonton soup and egg rolls. Neither was NY chinese type but were very good. The egg rolls were served with a light plum sauce (not the ususal duck sauce). With the owner's guidance, we ordered the szechuan duck and the basil chicken with sides of fried and steamed rice. Duck was crispy with a lovely sauce and did not have excessive heat. The chicken dish was also nicely prepared with lots of veggies. BTW, the hot tea was also tasty.
Total bill pre-tip was about $30 - not bad considering we probably had the most expensive things on the menu. A great meal thanks to fellow reviewers!

• Visited September 2011
Rogers, Arkansas
“Off the hook!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011 via mobile

Four reviews didn't seem like alot, but I have used trip advisor MANY times and luckily enough I have not been lead astray. We were in Tulsa doing work related stuff and needed food, Chinese sounded perfect. We went with this one thinking it's not to far off our route and the reviews were good. All I can really say, is that this food was the best Chinese I have had in 20 years! There were 3 of us, each had a soup (wonton, hot and sour, egg drop) we shared an appetizer (bistro wings) and we each had a different main course (sesame chicken, orange chicken, rice noodle with pork). I tried everything as any foodie would. Let me say that if one of the soups was your favorite, you would love it here. My favorite has always been egg drop, and they do it perfect. The chicken dishes have very good sauce (fresh sauce) and the chicken is not tough and over done like most restaurants do. I have searched for 20 years for a great pork lo mein (you know like they use to do with the super fine rice noodle). I explained to our gracious host what I had been searching for and she led me to the rice noodle and I could add pork. She got it right! The dish was lite and fresh with the most excellent flavor, and just the right amount of pork. I will volunteer for the Tulsa trip every time just to eat here! Thank you to the owners for sharing your talent with the rest of us. Insert Chinese words for thank you and best of luck, here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good, real taste of asian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The food at Asian Bistro is great. Everytime I go there, the food give me a feeling of home, cause they taste so much alike. I always order me a roasted duck, a beef flat noodle, tofu pot. and chicken wings. Chef TOM always gives me free samples. and I love trying new food.

My name is Jacky and I am from Hong Kong, China. Been to USA for 15 years since the age of 14. My uncle and my mother are both "chinese" restaurant owners in Tulsa area. I have worked at dozen of "asian" restaurants. And let me say this... 90% of ALL "asian" restaurant in Tulsa, I won't eat at. They all use MSG and food coloring. They are ALL dirty at the kitchen. The walk in are ALL messy. ^^ I have never had "sweet and sour Chicken" until I came to USA. What is egg drop soup? Asian food in America, I never had in asia. what a joke!! Even famous restaurant like PF chang's or Panda express. To my standard, they are not bad, however, Crappy still. When you go there, you eat the band name, not the food.

The opening of Asian Bistro is a breath of fresh air in Tulsa, because we no longer had to drive down to OKC, just to get some good chinese. I will tell all my friends and families, just to make sure they stay OPEN for a long long time.

The real deal is here!! Asian Bistro !!!

• Visited August 2011