“An Average Zoo” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 117 things to do in Tulsa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about animals from all parts of the world at this third largest zoo in the U.S. by exploring various habitats including "Cheek-to-Cheek with Chimpanzees," "Siamang Island," "Elephant Encounter" and "African Savanna."
Ballymena, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“An Average Zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

If you are in Tulsa it is worth seeing as there isn't much to see or do. This isn't San Diego Zoo though. A few decent animals with the Rhino's being my favorite.

It was a great shame that the 2 new giraffes died. The animals are kept in better condition than those at Oklahoma Zoo in my opinion.

austin
36 attraction reviews
“it's an ok zoo, just not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I'm from Texas, so perhaps a little biased... but I find the Tulsa Zoo kinda small and empty. there isn't a lot to do in Tulsa, so I have been here several times while visiting and always leave feeling the same... Aren't zoos supposed to have animals? I will say it a pretty zoo, the grounds are well kept. I just would not suggest driving very far to see this place...

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Don't Waste Your Money!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I thought the zoo was very sad! We had just moved to the Tulsa area from Ft. Worth, TX and I wanted to take my boys out and show them some of the sights in their "new" town. WOW! There were hardly any animals, and the few that we saw acted neurotic. There was this one little lemur that was in a small enclosed cage by itself. The poor thing acted "frantic" and was literally bouncing off the wall. To sum it up, my youngest son said to me, "I feel sorry for all the kids here who don't know what a real zoo looks like." Me too! Oh well, as they say, out of the mouths of babes!

AR
3 attraction reviews
“Fun place to take the family. Get a season pass and make it a year round adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

The Tulsa zoo is a great zoo for the family. We live an hour and a half way, yet still get a family season pass. We have not been able to see all the exhibits in one trip, so it's fun going back time after time and seeing something different every time. Or something we have not scene in a while. The petting zoo is one of the cleanest, non-smelling ones I have ever been to!

ok
“Get a membership and go camping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

WE love the zoo!!! They make a family membership so affordable and it has a ton of perks.

Members get the chance to camp overnight at the zoo 4 times a year (for an additional fee). Members have special free nights that include crafts, unlimited train/carousel etc.

The zoo is great and you should definately consider a yearly membership!!!

Been to Tulsa Zoo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tulsa Zoo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.