“Nice, clean hotel for the family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Nice, clean hotel for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

On October 12th, 2012, we stayed at this hotel for the weekend. It was a lovely hotel with a great free breakfast and clean, spacious rooms. We went to the Tulsa Zoo and did some shopping while we were there. The only downfall was it seemed to be so far from everything, but that was probably my fault for not checking the distance to things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Holy cow!!! I thought, because of previous experience with Holiday Inn Express that this hotel would be just as good as the others but boy was I wrong. The hotel is nice and fairly new but they really went cheap when they built it. The first day our next door neighbor made a phone call and my wife and I heard BOTH sides of the conversation. That is no exageration I kid you not. I have had thin walls before but this was rediculous. I feel violated because I now know that all we say and do in our room will be heard as well. I won't choose this hotel again just for that reason. So far everything else is fine but come on people. We deserve a certain level of privacy when we stay in your hotels. We do not want to share everything with our neighbors.
Would I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

Room Tip: Good quiet location but be careful what you say and do in your rooms if you do not want to share wit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel immediately after a nightmare stay at another hotel in Tulsa. I called to confirm they still had rooms available as they were the host hotel for a powwow I was attending at the Spirit Bank Event Center. I was told they still had plenty of rooms at the powwow rate. When I went to check in I was told the special rate no longer applied. After the previous night in a terrible hotel, I went ahead and paid the increased price. The room was very nice. Very clean. I immediately checked the bed and floors for anything amiss. The breakfast was very good the next morning with hot items and cold items. The only problem was the air conditioning in the room. Apparently, it is motion-activated. How is that supposed to work in the middle of the night? It was pretty hot and sweaty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed recently with my family and had a good time. The staff was friendly, even at 4:30 in the morning. Beside a movie theater and only a short distance from Wal-Mary and Target. It was a nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel room is big and clean and comfortable. The area is quiet, but very close to the main street/ hiway. There's plenty of restaurants and fast food stores, groceries, and is also almost next to te Regal Convention Center, and a big movie theater.

Room Tip: Always stay at least on the second floor. Ground floors , especially if close to the lobby is almost...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

After reading other reviews I can't believe Shannon(breakfast lady) still has a job. Her customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. Two days in a row breakfast was out by 9am. I was told at checkin that breakfast is served until 10am. The first day I asked Shannon to restock the buffet, and she brought out a little. The second day she refused to bring any more food out. She told us 9:30 is when she picks the food up. There were about 20 other people eating still. My girls had to split an egg because it was the only source of protein left. There wasn't enough cereal for one bowl. I complained to the desk and she said there was nothing she could do. I was treated like I owe them something. I guess my expectations were too high for a holiday inn. Will stay at the fairfield around the corner next year. My husband took pictures of the buffet at 9:30 am. I'll post them.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Jill7879,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm glad to know that you liked our location and rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you experienced during breakfast. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Checked in on time and was told the room I had requested was not available. I had asked to be on the top floor away from the elevator. The hotel put me on the first floor right next to the stairs. The first night we called the front desk because the noise above us was so bad my 5 year old could not sleep. Afer about 15 minutes and no improvement I got dressed and went to the front counter. THe associate named Shannon said she could not ask the guest above us to keep their small children quiet. I asked her to have her general manager call me during my stay and this did not happen. The next day I was told by the associate at the desk that my room would be comped dor one night and that did not happen. The place is new and looks good, just of Memorial. Good location but the sevice is not worth the stay. THe breakfast room was filthy, and the associate in charge of the breakfast did not refill anything, coffee was even empty. I took pictures of the floor, I will try to upload, filthy! Definitly would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I made a request and it did not help, would suggest top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear bigred1972,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby? Share your experiences!