“Historic Building” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Florida
“Historic Building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I chose this hotel in downtown Tulsa for the location & history. The building is from the 1920's & housed the Atlas Life Insurance Company. The hotel is located from the 2nd floor to the 12th with a deli, shops & cafe on the first floor. They have done a great job keeping some of the original details of the building. The second floor is where the hotel lobby, small gym, market & cafe/bar are located. Our room was a standard king located on the 6th floor with a view of the building next door. The only rooms with views are on the corners of the hotel. The hotel feels safe & you only have access to your floor with a swipe of the room key in the elevator. The room was clean, nicely decorated & also had a desk, wardrobe, mini bar/frig. Our room was very quiet on the weekend but became noisy on Monday mornings street garbage pickup. The hotel is close to the Brady Arts District & the Blue Dome District which has great restaurants & bars. On Friday & Saturdays there's a free Trolley to take you there with a stop near the hotel. We walked back to the hotel one evening from the Blue Dome district. I definitely recommend eating at the Atlas cafe on the first floor & Mod's cafe just down the street. The hotel has valet for $15 a day or there is a garage down the street for $8 a day. On the weekends you can park free right on the street which is not a problem. My only disappointment with the hotel was the staff at the lobby desk. None of the people we came in contact with there were friendly. I perceived them to be rushed & disinterested in their guests. We also asked for a room on a high floor & were given the 6th. The hotel was not busy. The rest of the staff in the hotel were pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has character. A very nice place to stay that is centrally located in the heart of downtown Tulsa.

Most Courtyards are cooky-cutter stamp outs of the same design. Not that I am complaining, but you've seen one.... yada yada yada. But this one is unique. Located in a building built in the '20's, this property is very memorable. And as always the staff are very friendly and professional.

I would come back here again if my travels lead me back to Tulsa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay over Christmas weekend. Cafe was an excellent surprise when everything else downtown was closed. (We really liked the artichoke dip and the quesadillas.)

Don't miss the unchanged floor from the historic building. (7th floor?)

Rooms were amazingly standard Courtyard style (not a bad thing) in a neat historic building.

Room Tip: Ask about options - we faced across a narrow alley directly into the wall of another building.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I chose this hotel for my wedding anniversary and could not have been more pleased. From the days leading up to the stay, dealing with the Staff to ensure that the flowers I ordered would be placed in the room before our arrival to being allowed to select the room location, to the accommodating staff upon arrival, our stay in this historic hotel was everything that I had hoped it would be. Due to the 12-story hotel being located next to equally tall, if not taller buildings, the rooms with an acceptable view are rooms ending in the number combination 02 or 03. Although not our original room assignment (1201), the staff allowed us to move a door down to 1202 and it made all the difference in the view/stay. The hotel is well-preserved, and has a lot of character. Although the entrance to the hotel is on the first floor, the hotel lobby itself is located on the 2nd floor. Only a guest room key will allow a person access to the 3rd-12th floors via the elevator. Our particular room was the standard king. The room lay-out made the room feel larger. The bed was very firm and comfortable. The completely glass-enclosed and roomy shower had a modern and adjustable shower-head spray. The bathroom was also equipped with a portable heater. This particular room was a corner room primarily facing the west (Boston Avenue) and had a very high ceiling, which also added to the feeling of a larger room. We stayed on a Friday night in December, and but for the nearby Arvest Winterfest, atleast on the weekend we were there, downtown Tulsa was sparsely inhabited...great for parking. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and we are likey to return.

Room Tip: Request a room ending in the numbers 02 or 03 for a west side view. Otherwise, the view will be an...
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Comfortable beds, nice size room (we stayed in the ADA room with roll in shower), quiet enough to sleep in until 10 am one morning and have no idea it was that late, and the service was exceptional. From the valet/porter, front desk to the housekeeping service - everyone really stood out and Ronda at the Bistro was simply wonderful.

Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The room was nice but I am pretty sure because we booked through priceline we were given a room with NO view...opened the curtains to the side of a building. Also ask for a room AWAY from the elevator...we were right next to it and you could hear it all night. But having said that the room was nice and clean. The morning/afternoon front desk people were very nice, efficient and helpful...the nighttime desk help and valet parking ...not so much...a bit on the rude side...all in all I would stay there again. The bottom floor has working artist studios. It was interesting to see the artists and their work so visible..enjoyed that. Also the starbucks coffee was good too. The building was built in 1922 very beautiful to see the old craftmanship! It is also very close to the Brady Theater. Oh and there isn't any parking except valet..expect 15.00 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I had a horrible day of traveling (8 hours of flight delays and other misadventures) to get home for the Thanksgiving holiday...after this absolutely rediculous day, we had even more issues once we got to the hotel--all self inflicted! I dropped a glass bottle and it broke on the floor. After requesting a vacuum, one was brought up to my room within 10 minutes. THEN I had to request more towels because I had used them to clean up the mess. Shameka (the WONDERFUL woman working the desk) brought me towles and sent me on my merry way...after stepping out of the shower I realized that TSA had confiscated my entire personal grooming bag--I had nothing! No toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, nothing! Shameka then proceded to bring me a goody bag with a toothbrush kit, a shaving kit, a comb, and enough shampoo, conditioner, and lotion to get me through the weekend.
I absolutely cannot say enough about how amazing the service was! The rooms are very nice, with comfortable beds and upgraded bathrooms. But overall, this hotel's best feature is its staff!
Shameka, I hope you get a raise because you absolutely deserve it!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tulsa Downtown? Share your experiences!