“Upbeat and personal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Prattville, Alabama
“Upbeat and personal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our first stay in an Aloft hotel. Only 300+ square ft in room, but it never felt that small. Very efficient layout of room and bathroom. Very clean and neat. Bed is very comfortable. The reception we received was great. McKenzie was very helpful and answered all questions with a smile on her face. We stayed 5 nights because we were in town for the Pinto World Championship Horse Show. We really liked the upbeat music, the decor and the overall atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor was quiet and overlooked the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I absolutely love staying here! I have lost count of the numerous times I stay. Staff greeted me as usual. I asked for a room on the higher levels so as not to be disturbed by kids running down the hallway during night time hours and was happily accomodated.

Upon entry into our room we noticed ants crawling on the business area desk. I simply called the front desk & they apologized for the situation & changed our room immediately. I asked for a late check-out as well and was granted that request!
If you are not accustomed to boutique hotels you don't know what you're missing. I keep going back. I've never had problems staying here ever! I am a satisfied customer & make all booking arrangements here. I enjoyed the bar and lounge area one night with friends. Can't wait to return again!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Aloft Tulsa, nice looking motel...outside and lobby. Room was tidy upon arrival but upon further inspection noticed around shower it looked as if water had stained the floors and looked quite un - sanitary. Upon telling staff they said they are all like that. Like I said it wasn't overly unbearable. But with limited options for this trip as most all other motels were booked up, we really had no other choice!

On another note, went down to lobby first night to get a bottle if water and noticed they had a coffee machine sitting out so I decided on a cup of joe as well. To my surprise and after much trouble getting machine to work (even front desk clerk didn't know how to operate machine) I found out the cup of coffee I just made was gonna cost me 6.00$ I didn't notice menu above my head..., as I turned to head to room clerk asked me how I was going to pay? I said is coffee not complimentary? He replied no nothing here is free, but we do offer coffee in the morning at no charge!

Next morning I get up and head down stairs to get a "free" cup, that's when I found out breakfast was a charge as well, this time I saw the menu! Not cheap for what they offer as well!!! I was staying here for a softball tournament for my daughter as we do almost every weekend in summer, as much as we travel we count on the complimentary breakfast as a small offset on our travels. I know this may sound petty but most motels we stay at offer some sort of free breakfast, and if they don't they at least make a good breakfast with a nice sitting area! This was at best, convenience store sandwiches heated up and given out a window with only a picnic type table to sit at! For $100+ per night you would think they could offer something.... or at least have a real restaurant type area for you to enjoy you meal.

I will never stay at one of these properties again when in this area I usually stay across the highway at the renaissance if you priceline the area you can usually get it for 50$ per night. It unfortunately was sold out for this trip.

Overall motel gets a 6 outta 10 on cleanliness due to room. Lobby was very clean.

Breakfast area and overall amenities I give them a 2 out of 10. They do have a bar and pool table in lobby, if you want a built in night club for your stay.

If you are staying as a family DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This motel is more for singles, and don't offer much for families with children!

Stayed June 2014
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that it was not made fully clear of our offered services. All Aloft hotels feature Re:fuel, our gourmet café where you can find delicious quick food options that you can easily take on the go. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations with our breakfast offerings and hope that you were able to enjoy breakfast before starting your day. We understand that Aloft is not for everyone, and we appreciate you deciding to try out Aloft during your daughter’s softball tournament. Again, we are sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your stay with us, but we hope that you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit in Tulsa. Take care.
edinburgh,scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Usually stay in Sheratons but tried Starwood brand Aloft.
Very enjoyable - perhaps aiming for a younger set but good welcome at front desk with helpful ideas about restaurants and what to see in Tulsa.

Pity its a bit far out from centre - really need a car - but I should have checked location first. Quite difficult to get to with road works etc . . its in a retail/business park.

Room really good with modern set up and decoration. Good bar staff

Enjoyed the visit

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear jonlam,
Thank you for being a loyal Starwood hotels guest. We are delighted that you tried the Aloft brand with our hotel and that you enjoyed our services, amenities, and staff. We hope that you continue to stay with Aloft and that you will visit our hotel again soon. All the best.
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Checking in was a breezing with a friendly front desk person. After a long day of work and travel, walking into the room was AMAZING! Just beautiful, CLEAN, and the bed was HEAVENLY! Check out was just as easy. I will definitely be looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear MHafer_RN,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back. Safe travels until we see you again!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I don't normally review business accommodations, but this one is worth a tip. The staff are kind but unable to help much - things like printing receipts early to speed checkout apparently just can't happen. The airport shuttle has very limited hours and must be scheduled well in advance. The taxi recommended by the staff doesn't have a meter. Not what you expect from Starwood

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Bgclement,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear that your time on the property was not a positive one from a customer service standpoint, and I wanted to apologize that you didn't receive the service that you come to expect from Starwood. I have passed this review along to our management team so that they are aware of the issues you faced and can work to improve them for future guest stays. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Starwood, and again, I am so sorry this trip wasn't one of our best or yours. Safe travels on your next adventure.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel, and returned 2 days ago before which I had an extended stay in this property. I have stayed at a number of hotels in Tulsa and across the United States and from my experience at this specific hotel I will seek out Aloft properties in other cities as my hotel of choice.

The first thing to say is I sincerely appreciate the service from all the employees here. The night I checked in a month or so ago, the front desk employee processed my check in and then signed me up for the SPG awards program. She told me to go on up to my room and that she would use my reservation information to retrieve all the pertinent information she needed to sign me up, and that she would slide my SPG card under my door when she finished creating my account. Although something small, I sincerely appreciated her allowing me to access the benefits of SPG membership without taking time out of my day to create the account. Also, this membership has already paid off in spades because I have had to extend my stay for significantly longer than I had originally expected, and I am currently using my points to cover my stay. Because I have been here for a few weeks, the employees have gotten to know me, and I have gotten to know them, and they certainly go out of their way to make sure I have everything I need and to see how I am and what they can do to make my day/stay better. I think it is important to realize most of our stays at hotels are exceedingly short, meaning we only get a snapshot of the hotel and it's employees. Certainly one can encounter a day when an employee or the hotel is having a bad day, cause us to react negatively, and see the hotel as a subpar property even though looking at the amenities and taking into account the price per room, this hotel is an exceptional value.

The rooms are clean and well laid out, making them feel larger than the 285 sq feet they actually are. The bathrooms are cool, and outside of a leaky shower, are well suited for their purpose and come with excellent soap and shampoo, along with lotions and other small touches. The beds are truly the most comfortable I have ever slept in at any hotel. The internet is wireless, fast, very easy to connect to without having to fill out a bunch of information, and free.

The main floor has a very nice bar, a small pantry type area to buy drinks, snacks and a few hot breakfast items available in the AM. Coffee and hot tea are always available for free, and cream and sugar are available. The prices of the snacks and beverages are fairly expensive, but those prices are corporate dictates not the individual property gouging you, and you are certainly not forced to buy any of those things. Additionally if you pass on maid service you are given a $5 credit to spend in the pantry, and then you can get those items without spending any money.

Like I mentioned the bar is nice, and associated with a heated outdoor patio where one can sit outside to enjoy their drink or a have a smoke (the only place on the property to smoke as it is otherwise smoke free.) There is a new pool table near the bar if billiards is your game. A hot tub, sauna, business center, and a nicely equipped fitness center rounds out the main floor. A nice sized pool is also available when the weather warms up.

The elevators are slow and the showers leak, otherwise one could not ask for a better or more comprehensive hotel for anywhere from $70-$110 a night stay.

As I mentioned, my experience with Aloft Tulsa 169 has exceeded my hopes and expectations of a quality hotel. I will seek out Alofts across the country when I require a room because I have been treated so well here. I sincerely appreciate the staff making sure I have more than everything I need, and taking the time to make sure the small things don't go unnoticed. Saying that I am pleasantly surprised by this property is insufficient in relating how happy I am with Aloft Tulsa 169. If you need a place to stay in Tulsa stay here, and if for some reason your stay is underwhelming tell the staff that you are not happy and I know they will do everything they can to rectify your displeasure and make your experience one that would cause you to want to stay at Aloft Tulsa 169 on your next visit to Tulsa.

• Stayed February 2014
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear 21Wave,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your positive words about Aloft Tulsa and your loyalty to our hotel and brand. We look forward to having you back at our hotel soon. Safe travels!

Been to Aloft Tulsa? Share your experiences!