“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I don't normally review business accommodations, but this one is worth a tip. The staff are kind but unable to help much - things like printing receipts early to speed checkout apparently just can't happen. The airport shuttle has very limited hours and must be scheduled well in advance. The taxi recommended by the staff doesn't have a meter. Not what you expect from Starwood

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Bgclement,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear that your time on the property was not a positive one from a customer service standpoint, and I wanted to apologize that you didn't receive the service that you come to expect from Starwood. I have passed this review along to our management team so that they are aware of the issues you faced and can work to improve them for future guest stays. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Starwood, and again, I am so sorry this trip wasn't one of our best or yours. Safe travels on your next adventure.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel, and returned 2 days ago before which I had an extended stay in this property. I have stayed at a number of hotels in Tulsa and across the United States and from my experience at this specific hotel I will seek out Aloft properties in other cities as my hotel of choice.

The first thing to say is I sincerely appreciate the service from all the employees here. The night I checked in a month or so ago, the front desk employee processed my check in and then signed me up for the SPG awards program. She told me to go on up to my room and that she would use my reservation information to retrieve all the pertinent information she needed to sign me up, and that she would slide my SPG card under my door when she finished creating my account. Although something small, I sincerely appreciated her allowing me to access the benefits of SPG membership without taking time out of my day to create the account. Also, this membership has already paid off in spades because I have had to extend my stay for significantly longer than I had originally expected, and I am currently using my points to cover my stay. Because I have been here for a few weeks, the employees have gotten to know me, and I have gotten to know them, and they certainly go out of their way to make sure I have everything I need and to see how I am and what they can do to make my day/stay better. I think it is important to realize most of our stays at hotels are exceedingly short, meaning we only get a snapshot of the hotel and it's employees. Certainly one can encounter a day when an employee or the hotel is having a bad day, cause us to react negatively, and see the hotel as a subpar property even though looking at the amenities and taking into account the price per room, this hotel is an exceptional value.

The rooms are clean and well laid out, making them feel larger than the 285 sq feet they actually are. The bathrooms are cool, and outside of a leaky shower, are well suited for their purpose and come with excellent soap and shampoo, along with lotions and other small touches. The beds are truly the most comfortable I have ever slept in at any hotel. The internet is wireless, fast, very easy to connect to without having to fill out a bunch of information, and free.

The main floor has a very nice bar, a small pantry type area to buy drinks, snacks and a few hot breakfast items available in the AM. Coffee and hot tea are always available for free, and cream and sugar are available. The prices of the snacks and beverages are fairly expensive, but those prices are corporate dictates not the individual property gouging you, and you are certainly not forced to buy any of those things. Additionally if you pass on maid service you are given a $5 credit to spend in the pantry, and then you can get those items without spending any money.

Like I mentioned the bar is nice, and associated with a heated outdoor patio where one can sit outside to enjoy their drink or a have a smoke (the only place on the property to smoke as it is otherwise smoke free.) There is a new pool table near the bar if billiards is your game. A hot tub, sauna, business center, and a nicely equipped fitness center rounds out the main floor. A nice sized pool is also available when the weather warms up.

The elevators are slow and the showers leak, otherwise one could not ask for a better or more comprehensive hotel for anywhere from $70-$110 a night stay.

As I mentioned, my experience with Aloft Tulsa 169 has exceeded my hopes and expectations of a quality hotel. I will seek out Alofts across the country when I require a room because I have been treated so well here. I sincerely appreciate the staff making sure I have more than everything I need, and taking the time to make sure the small things don't go unnoticed. Saying that I am pleasantly surprised by this property is insufficient in relating how happy I am with Aloft Tulsa 169. If you need a place to stay in Tulsa stay here, and if for some reason your stay is underwhelming tell the staff that you are not happy and I know they will do everything they can to rectify your displeasure and make your experience one that would cause you to want to stay at Aloft Tulsa 169 on your next visit to Tulsa.

• Stayed February 2014
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear 21Wave,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your positive words about Aloft Tulsa and your loyalty to our hotel and brand. We look forward to having you back at our hotel soon. Safe travels!
Forsyth, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were very disappointed when we arrived at this hotel. The photos on the website looked very nice but when we went to the rooms it was different. The carpets were stained, the toilet paper holder was barely hanging on the wall, the door would lock but you could push on it and it would open, and there was a musty smell in the room. Also, the plug and play box in the room says to ask the front desk for a hook up cord, When we asked for it, they said they didn't have one, and the phone in our room didn't work either. We were very disappointed with this motel and won't be back. I do want to say thank you to the lady who apologized for the trouble and gave us some breakfast coupons.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Robert f.,
I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues that you encountered while staying at Aloft Tulsa, but thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know so that we can address them for future guest stays. I have passed this review along to our maintenance team so that they are aware as well. I certainly understand your frustrations and am so sorry again that you had to endure a less then satisfactory experience. I hope that the rest of your time in Tulsa was much better.
Mustang, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Cara and I had stayed at this Aloft before and really liked it. But I do like most any place that has the water with the fresh fruit in it! This time we had my 10 year old daughter with us, and she also loved it. She said that the cool shower was her favorite part lol. I did notice some little things around the place that needed a little maintenance but nothing that was a big deal. The beds are very comfy and clean, the check in and out was also very fast and all the people were very friendly. We will definitely stay at the Aloft again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I loved the modern decor. The magazines in the room are Dwell and Wired, and that tells you a lot about what kind of place it is. If you're the kind of person who likes the modern style homes in Dwell and you're the youngish hip professional type that might enjoy Wired, it's probably going to be a hotel you're going to dig. In addition to being sleek and attractive, it was comfortable. The bed was really comfy. Everything was pristine cleanliness wise. It was very quiet and peaceful. The staff was efficient and friendly. All the amenities one would expect in that price range were available. While the room I had (just a regular king non-suite room) wasn't huge, it was laid out so well that that was kind of balanced. The real entry hallway when you get inside your room is nice, instead of how in many rooms, you just open the door and you can see into the whole room, bed and all visible from the doorway. The very high ceilings made the bed room area of the room feel a lot more spacious than the square footage of floor space actually is. It made it feel very open and airy and big in the way that high ceilings in loft apartments made out of repurposed industrial buildings often are. The location is great (right next to BOK, the Tulsa Convention Center, and other Downtown attractions). My only complaint at all is that the hot water was not nearly hot enough. In both the tub and and the sink, it didn't get hot enough in my room. I don't know if that is a hotel wide problem or just in my own room. But even with the shower turned up to as hot as it would go, it only barely was warm enough to be able to stand to shower in, only lukewarm. Even with that one flaw, I would still stay at Aloft again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here Valentine's weekend to get out of town. Location was in a very busy part of town. We were near the elevator, which was very noisy constantly. The room itself was nice, small, only place to sit, to see the tv, was on the bed. Wall paper in our room could use some tlc. We elected to have our sheets changed on day 2 and our pillow cases had not been changed, found our hair on them from the night before, not sure if our sheets were actually changed. The bar was nice and the lobby very appealing. Over all, an Ok hotel, probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed here three times now and have absolutely loved it. The staff was friendly, airport shuttle was a plus, and the lovely fragrance as you enter set the whole mood. Free internet is nice and always worked. Loved the lobby and patio area. I will keep going back to this location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear island_gyal78,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let everyone know about your positive experience. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the customer service you received was positive. We are glad to hear that we have made an impression on you so much that you keep coming back. We can't wait for your next visit.

Been to Aloft Tulsa? Share your experiences!