“Great lunch! Best coconut cream pie around!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Great lunch! Best coconut cream pie around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

One special the day I was there was "Fall Salad." I ordered it and was not disappointed! It was delicious, full of chicken.

Michael almost always visits the tables and when he came to ours, he asked if we were having his famous coconut pie. I was with two friends (we were all female), so of course we had not planned on any dessert. Michael told us to order one piece to split and if it wasn't the best coconut pie we'd ever had, he would comp the pie.

One of my friends was a home economics major and still makes lots of coconut cream pies. Hers are delicious...but even she thought Michael's was better! We were happy to pay for our piece of pie. THE BEST COCONUT CREAM PIE EVER!

Visited December 2012

69% Recommend
Cape Coral, Florida
“Delightful Discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We decided to try Michael V's before a concert that was happening nearby. t was a weeknight, so the restaurant wasn't too bust to get us in and out in a timely manner. We started off with a cocktail - martini for me, Crown Royal for the hubby. I was impressed with the menu selection, especially the fish and seafood. What made me the happiest were the dishes offered "Oscar" style because I love bearnaise sauce and the toppings of crab meat and asparagus. I ordered the Halibut and it was outstanding! The filet was huge! My husband had the Pecan Chicken and loved it. We passed on an appetizer, although the crab cakes looked fabulous! We did save room for dessert. I can never pass up Coconut Creme Pie and was glad I ordered it. My husband ordered the Snickers Brownie Pie because he's a Snicker fiend! I would recommend Michael V's highly!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Exquisite Food, Hidden Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are looking for high-quality food, good service, and a quiet and out of the way experience... this is it! The restaurant is hidden behind a bunch of nail and hair salons in a strip-mall kind of thing in Bixby (just south of Tulsa), so many people do not know the place exists.

But once you do find it, oh what a place! Small and cozy, you are very likely to meet the owners (Carol & Michael Minden), who are friendly, affable people.

And the food.... perfetly presented, exquisite in taste and texture, and perhaps best of all for a high-end restaurant... quite affordable. Surprisingly affordable for what you get.

So go visit! You'll enjoy it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“Best in the South Tulsa/Bixby area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Unless you are looking for this restaurant, and know where it is...you won't know it exists.

This restaurant was recommended by a client in this area. The reviews I saw looked positive.
I went for dinner, but having had a big lunch was not very hungry. Service was VG. I typically sit at the bar as I am solo and there is a TV and service is more attentive.

What impressed me is that when I arrived and said I wanted to sit at the bar they asked for a name and let me choose my seat. Shortly thereafter a server came to the bar and addressed me by name. That was impressive.

They have a very nice wine list by the glass. Prices are reasonable. Since I had overindulged (food) at a Sushi restaurant at lunch I was not especially hungry, but I had seen online that they had fresh fried clams. I love clams (raw, baked, chowder, fried, etc). I ordered them and they were perhaps the best fried clams I have ever had. The clams were moist, plump and the batter was perfect . Typically I would add salt and hot sauce..but I found a little of the tartar sauce was all I needed.

The restaurant decor is so/so. There are a lot of ceramic pieces of overweight chefs and waiters with mustashes and beers. Very kitschy. And the lighting is too dark for my taste, as I try to read USA or magazines.

I would definitely return here. The menu is interesting, the chef is CIA trained and what I experienced was impressive.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We ventured out to Michael V's for our anniversary dinner. It was a great experience! It was a weeknight so it was not crowded at all. Our waiter was Kyle and he was helpful as well as polite. We had great service all evening. The food was amazing! The menu options are wide which allows something delightful for all. We shared a dessert and my husband ordered a soft drink (we didn't order alcoholic beverages but a full bar is available)... our bill was under $50. I highly recommend this small but inviting restaurant! We will return with friends for sure!

• Visited March 2012