“Ice. Water. Showers. And they can't seem to get it fixed.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Texas
“Ice. Water. Showers. And they can't seem to get it fixed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here three times.

The first stay was terrific. The staff was great, the rooms are modern and clean.

So I have come back for two additional stays, about a month apart.

Both subsequent visits, there was no hot water. I understand that things aren't always perfect, machines break etc.

The second stay with no hot water, I was relocated to a room with lukewarm water. The third trip, it was 5 am and I just had to suck it up and take a cold shower.

Here is the problem- the staff acted completely surprised each time. And each time I got the stock "I will make management aware of the issue and it will be remedied." It sounded plausible the first instance, but the second time, not so much.

This experience turned me off to an otherwise good hotel- and not because of water temperature.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear the8thdog,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and the shower condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Expect Avery nice room and very clean surroundings. Great service and in- house bar and grill. Indoor pool and very nice lobby. You will sleep very well.
I paid $89 but I think it was well worth it. We are traveling with our daughter and her daughter of 4 years old. Our grand daughter loved it here also.

• Stayed June 2013
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is new and modern.
I would place it in the top 10% HIs that I've stayed in.

Easily competitive with the Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot, price was almost the same.

And the enthusiastic staff seriously acts like its their opening day, and did everything to make the stay more pleasant.

The rate was $103 I believe, and I have stayed in a lot worse HIEs for 30% more.

First, they found a better rate option that I accepted.

Then upgraded the room. I got a "free drink" coupon for the bar, I didn't use it so in the morning they provided free breakfast - they did all this unsolicited.

Gym is good with free weights and a pretty huge TV with cable movies.

• Stayed June 2013
Antlers, Oklahoma, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday night. It was a very nice place. We have stayed in many Holiday Inns and have always had pretty good experiences. This one is right off the highway and very easy to find. The kids had a great time in the indoor pool. Breakfast was not free but it was good...has a restaurant in the lobby. Rooms were big and spacious with fridge and microwave. Front desk people were nice and very helpful. No bed bugs!!! We would stay here every time we are in Tulsa. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
norman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Lady at desk was very helpful. Explained to her we had a soccer game next day at 10 and wouldn't be able to get back to the hotel until 12 and wouldn't know if we would need a room for the next night. She offered me a 2 o'clock late checkout since I was a rewards member and said they would honor the same rate. Rooms were very nice. Clean. Beds comfortable. Stayed in many hotels and this one is in the top 10%

• Stayed May 2013
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel. Rooms are spacious, well updated, comfy beds. It's well cleaned, friendly staff, nice pool. Only a mile from great shopping and restaurants. There's a Cancer Center nearby and I understand they give free rides to it. We were not disappointed with our stay and will definitely stay again. :D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This location exceeded our expectations! The property is beautiful. The location was very, very clean and well kept. I asked the staff and was told that the hotel is only about 3 years old. As for the room, it was very nice and very clean, with modern furnishings and linens. The bed was comfortable and the AC unit was powerful. Unlike many hotels, the water pressure was great, too. In addition, the entire staff was very friendly, from check-in to check-out. They were helpful in recommending a good pizza restaurant and even gave us coupons. We only wish that they offered a complimentary continental breakfast. Though, this usually is not standard for the upscale chains like Holiday Inn.

I can't say enough good things about this property. We will definitely be back here the next time we're in Tulsa!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South? Share your experiences!