“Top tier for Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Texas
“Top tier for Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is new and modern.
I would place it in the top 10% HIs that I've stayed in.

Easily competitive with the Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot, price was almost the same.

And the enthusiastic staff seriously acts like its their opening day, and did everything to make the stay more pleasant.

The rate was $103 I believe, and I have stayed in a lot worse HIEs for 30% more.

First, they found a better rate option that I accepted.

Then upgraded the room. I got a "free drink" coupon for the bar, I didn't use it so in the morning they provided free breakfast - they did all this unsolicited.

Gym is good with free weights and a pretty huge TV with cable movies.

• Stayed June 2013

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Antlers, Oklahoma, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday night. It was a very nice place. We have stayed in many Holiday Inns and have always had pretty good experiences. This one is right off the highway and very easy to find. The kids had a great time in the indoor pool. Breakfast was not free but it was good...has a restaurant in the lobby. Rooms were big and spacious with fridge and microwave. Front desk people were nice and very helpful. No bed bugs!!! We would stay here every time we are in Tulsa. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
norman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Lady at desk was very helpful. Explained to her we had a soccer game next day at 10 and wouldn't be able to get back to the hotel until 12 and wouldn't know if we would need a room for the next night. She offered me a 2 o'clock late checkout since I was a rewards member and said they would honor the same rate. Rooms were very nice. Clean. Beds comfortable. Stayed in many hotels and this one is in the top 10%

• Stayed May 2013
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel. Rooms are spacious, well updated, comfy beds. It's well cleaned, friendly staff, nice pool. Only a mile from great shopping and restaurants. There's a Cancer Center nearby and I understand they give free rides to it. We were not disappointed with our stay and will definitely stay again. :D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This location exceeded our expectations! The property is beautiful. The location was very, very clean and well kept. I asked the staff and was told that the hotel is only about 3 years old. As for the room, it was very nice and very clean, with modern furnishings and linens. The bed was comfortable and the AC unit was powerful. Unlike many hotels, the water pressure was great, too. In addition, the entire staff was very friendly, from check-in to check-out. They were helpful in recommending a good pizza restaurant and even gave us coupons. We only wish that they offered a complimentary continental breakfast. Though, this usually is not standard for the upscale chains like Holiday Inn.

I can't say enough good things about this property. We will definitely be back here the next time we're in Tulsa!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Skien, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South is a fairly new hotel with good standard (new and not teared). The room are spacious and you have what you need (and expect). The restaurant is very simple but serves a better than normal breakfast. The staff is very positive and nice and this give a special touch to the experience. The placement of the Hotel is not very good if you expect to find thing to do right around the hotel. I moved from this hotel (81st street) to another Holiday INN hotel on 71st street to be able to have access to stores and restaurant in walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Geir N,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I regret your feeling towards our location but I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and restaurant service to be adequate. It is hugely motivating to get feedback like this from guests like you as this enables us to further improve on what we can offer.

Again, many thanks for your review and I hope we get the chance to host you again soon!

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I also booked this through an online travel site and really wasn't sure what to expect. This location mostly exceeded my hopes. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. My only complaints were that 1) the curtains could not be shut because they were only decorative panels on the ends. The sheer panels in the middle did not provide any real privacy and let entirely too much light in from the parking lot. I prefer a very dark room to sleep in and this kept me awake much longer than I would have liked. 2) When we got on the elevator to leave Sunday morning, there were pools of water all over the floor. Once we reached the first floor, there was also a trail of standing water puddles through the lobby. The staff didn't seem overly concerned with mopping this water up, which presented a danger. Other than that, I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South? Share your experiences!