“Great Location, not congested traffic” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Golden, Colorado
“Great Location, not congested traffic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed here several times. I use to stay at the Hilton across the parking lot before they built this hotel, and I like them both, but I prefer the two room suites they offer here. It didn't have a living room, but that wasn't necessary, just a king bed in one room, and two queens in the other two, which was prefect for me and my two daughters.

My first impression:I thought a magic sponge would come in handy to get rid of all the scuff marks on the wall, which are very noticeable and remind you the room is lived in. I think that hotel rooms should look completely free of others being there, and this was a pretty prominent reminder. I am in room 312 (I still have two more nights here), which is close to the elevator and you can hear it in the bathroom (only one bath) but it is not an annoyance in the king room. I thought it might be. Since it's not something that keeps you up at night, it's a great location.

The front desk staff is nice and attentive when needed. We had the breakfast package, and I thought the staff there was distracted and not attentive. I had to ask where to sit, ask for coffee, go grab our own menu, and then send the food back when it came out wrong. The eggs on the buffet were not very good, so we'll order off the menu tomorrow. My daughter's order from the menu took forever to get, so I wouldn't advise being in a hurry if you eat here. Everyone was very friendly, but just distracted. That's the best way to describe them.

But, the rooms are clean, the shower is nice, and the beds are comfortable, so I'll stay here again and with a bit of effort, I would give them 5 stars for location, cleanliness, and comfort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

For the rate that I paid for a one room suite, I was amazed at how comfortable my stay was. The sheets were noticeably soft, the mattress was firm, and the room itself was very quiet. The hotel was fairly busy and I never heard anything in my room. I had one small issue during my stay and the staff was very prompt and helpful. I would not recommend the restaurant in the hotel. It appeared to serve a short Denny's menu and the food was tasteless and overpriced.

Room Tip: My room was towards the middle of the hotel and was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed one night and was very pleased with the property. Well kept, nicely maintained, in and out. Room was perfect ( it was one of the suites on the top floor). Service was excellent. Only problem was trying to identify the driveway in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Poteau, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for business trip and had a double bed room on the second floor. The entire hotel was decorated elegantly and very clean. Desk staff was very helpful. Would stay again for personal usage after this very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I typically avoid Holiday Inns. Holiday Inn Express? never have a problem. Holiday Inn? Usually run down, bad location, etc. This one is a pleasant exception to that rule.

I had booked through Hotwire so I didn't know this was going to be a Holiday Inn until it was already paid for, so I was a bit worried. I didn't need to be. This place is great.

The hotel itself if only a couple of years old. Everything about it is clean and up-to-date.

Very nice lobby, great rooms. Free WiFi worked great, and having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room is always a nice bonus.

For those who run/jog/walk, there is a nice multi-use trail that runs right behind the hotel and goes for miles, very handy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

So I have been loving Priceline lately and this last stay was no exception. I got this hotel for $50/night so you can imagine my expectations were not very high. Especially considering this was a standard Holiday Inn and have had better luck with the Express line of this chain hotel. Needless to say, I walk into the lobby and am immediately blown away by the modern decor and cleanliness. The hotel clerk, Debbi, was incredibly welcoming and even changed me to a King suite from two Queens after manager approved. This is very unheard of when using the Priceline service...you usually just take what they give you. They also put me n the 6th floor and I really enjoyed being n the top floor...it was very quiet.
I posted pictures of my room or should I say apartment? It consisted of a living area with couch and large TV, a hallway with kitchen, a large bathroom and lovely bedroom with another TV. I stayed by myself this time but my family of four would have been very happy here. I did not use the pool but looked lovely.
I should state that the breakfast was $10 but Kids eat free. With its cheaper room rates I imagine they have to recoup their costs somewhere and this did not seem an inconvenience for a single business traveler. I am incredibly happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone, especially those just traveling through. It is quite South of a lot of Tulsa attractions, but if you have a car, everything is just 15-20 minutes using the several highways and this hotel is located near the 169 Hwy which is very convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Rooms were fine, the rest not so much.
There was a group of kids who were very loud. This can be controlled but was not. No fun!
Noisy messy. The place is ok if you get stuck late night but if I had an option, I would stay somewhere else. The reception desk was very helpful in directing us out the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South? Share your experiences!