“Nice hotel, but” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Tulsa
Kansas City
“Nice hotel, but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice newer hotel (I think only around 3-4 years old). Typical Hampton..very comfortable beds and linens, free breakfast (so-so compared to other hotel chains... just on my preference).

At check-in...received the 5th degree since I work for the Government... never been grilled like that before.. I don't work for the military so I don't have orders. Very hard to "prove" I'm there on business. They acted like my co-worker and I were lying. Very much not appreciated.

This is just a big pet-peeve of mine... when you market/advertise things... please follow through with them. In the bathroom they have a sign...please hand towels up if you want to reuse them.. Not one day were they left hanging when I got back...all new towels.

In the hotel booklet

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HappyHotelierTulsa, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Hills, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear KKitelin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad it was a comfortable stay for you and that you liked the hotel. We've recently added new items to our breakfast that I hope you'll like when you return! I'll be sure to talk with the front desk team again about how to explain our requirements for the per diem rate. I know it's an inconvenience to have to show paperwork ( which can be a letter on letterhead from the agency you represent) for those who don't have specific "travel orders". We want to make sure those traveling on the per deim are getting that rate, since we have such a limited number to offer and the government will only pay back that much. I'll also be sure to mention the issue with the towels, since it's a great program to conserve water and energy if it's done right! Thanks again for choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Jenn and the Hampton Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had to have surgery across the street and since I was out of state we took a chance on this hotel. We felt like we were in a very high quality hotel. Room was set up very attractive and roomy. The bed was very comfortable. My husband said breakfast was good also. Staff was very knowledgeable and very nice to just talk too. Oh the bathroom was awesome! I would definitely highly recommend this hotel.
One happy guest,
Susan

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks, Susan, for your kind words! It's great to hear that in the midst of your stay you were comfortable and had good interactions with the staff. I hope next time you come it's just to enjoy our beautiful city! We look forward to seeing you again.

Greenville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel, but is a great place to stay. Friendly staff awaits you with a smile no matter what time of day you arrive. Very nice staff and they are there to answer all questions or just to talk to carry on a conversation. Great location a lot of shopping across the street. I will stay there more. Its very clean and when you tell the staff about a spill or something they are on it quick.

Room Tip: This is a smoke free hotel, great location right off the highway, LOTS OF SHOPPING across the road...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear MarciaPayne1988,

Thank you for your kind comments! It's great to hear that our team made a difference for you. They are fantastic and we always appreciate hearing it! There are lots of new stores and restaurants going in over at the Tulsa Hills shopping area so make sure you come back soon to enjoy them!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the cleanest Hampton inn I have ever stayed in, very impressive. The staff at the front desk are super friendly too. The breakfast is pretty awful, standard Hampton breakfast. We were shocked by how militant they were about shutting it down at 10am on a Saturday when people were still trying to get food.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear CatherineJohn75214-
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm glad that you found the hotel clean and that the staff did a great job of making you feel welcome. I know that we're always trying to improve our breakfast options and have recently added a couple of new choices. I hope next time you'll find those to your liking! I'll also be sure to remind the breakfast team to leave one set of doors open for those later risers who need a bit more time as they are cleaning up. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rossville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were traveling from Arizona to Indiana and needed a place to spend the night in Tulsa. We were surprised to discover that we had enough Hhonors points to stay at this nice hotel. I believe their rate is below other similar locations. It was a good experience, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our room was on the west side which faces the highway, but we were not aware of traffic noise. It is a well built property. Our room was on the forth floor so we had no heavy feet above us. The staff was friendly and the cookies were very good. We will definitely add this to our preferred stop list.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sewbirds,

Thank you for the kinds comments about our staff and our location! The trip between Arizona and Indiana is a long one, so I'm glad you found us in the middle. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and agree, the cookies are amazing! Please let us know when you're headed back to Arizona and we'll get a room ready for you.

Saline, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We traveled to Tulsa for a funeral and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn. The people made us feel special and welcome and helped us to have one less thing on our mind. The location was close to everything we required on the south side of Tulsa including the freeways and the Tulsa Hills shopping center. We will be back.

Room Tip: Our room ended up being by the elevator but we experienced no noise and had no problems.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi HockeyGary,

I'm glad that in the midst of the difficult occasion our staff was able to give you a pleasant and comfortable stay. I hope the next time you trave; to Tulsa it is to see our beautiful area and spend time with family. Hope to see you soon.

GO WINGS!
Jenn and the Hampton Staff
Bixby, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

i would definitely recommend this facility. i hope that you will incorporate real drinking glasses into your establishment for each of the rooms and at breakfast. Your staff was genuinely personable and courteous; check in was a dream. Ample parking was good. i hope to stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Kelly J,
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your kind words about the staff are so appreciated... they are a great team! Since your stay we have purchased a few glass tumblers to have on hand for those guests who prefer to use a glass rather than the standard paper cups. Just check at the front desk during your next stay and we'd be happy to give you a couple to use while you're with us! Hope to see you again soon,

Jenn and the Hampton Team

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Hills? Share your experiences!