“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Milan, Ohio
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our family of four has stayed at this hotel twice and have had excellent experiences. Both times we've stayed in the king bed suite, the rooms are very generous in size! The layout is great as you walk in and have a bathroom then a living area that is very large and has a sofa sleeper, flat screen tv, chairs and mini fridge - this is not a typical hotel room layout. The main living area is "L" shaped but very, very spacious with a wall of windows off the short part of the "L". Off from the living area is a spacious bedroom (with a door), it has a closet/safe, dresser and it's own separate bathroom. There are 2 bathrooms! This definitely makes getting ready in the morning much easier! The rooms are all designed beautifully, very modern. Our suite was always clean and fresh, the king bed was very comfortable our 5 & 7 year olds slept on the sofa sleeper and didn't complain. I wish better bedding was included for the sofa sleeper as the blanket provided is very light weight. I called the front desk and asked them to send up another blanket and got the same thing. A lightweight comforter would have been nice. I'm picky about cleanliness and this hotel passes the test. From the moment you walk in the hotel lobby everything is updated and clean. The hotel felt safe as you need your room key for the elevator to work. Our children love pools and the hotel's pool is large (possibly salt water) and very clean. We used room service while we were there and it was quick, food/drinks were good! We also ate at the restaurant for dinner on our most recent stay, which was very good both for food and service. On our first stay here we tried it for breakfast and weren't as impressed as it took a long time for our meals. If we were in the Tulsa area again we would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King bed suite is great for families - ample space and 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is one of the best places to stay if your going to concerts downton @ BOK Center. Good price, excellent value. Cold a/c, nice big clean rooms with flat screen tvs. Indoor pool and hot tub. Free shuttle to bok center for concerts. Bar/ restraunt lounge on property. Service sucked this last time but is usually good. Food is very good and good pricing. We always stay here when going to concerts.

Room Tip: We have always stayed on the 5th and 6th floors and they have been just fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend. We were in town for a concert at the BOK Center. Apparently, the hotel management failed to realize there was a huge concert that night. When we arrived, we had to wait in line for over 30 minutes only to be told our room was not ready. The lady behind the counter told us we could go to their bar and wait 15 or 20 minutes and our room would be ready, so that is what we did. A waiter came up to me immediatly when I sat down and I ordered a cocktail for myself and a beer for my husband. Over 10 minutes went by and we still had no drinks, not even water. Someone else finally came over and I told him I had already placed my order some time ago, but had never received our drinks. He went to the bar and talked to the bartender for a few minutes and never brought out our drinks. After being in the bar for 20 minutes we had received no service, so we left and went to see if our room was ready. It still was not ready. We left to find a place we could get a drink before the show and someone finally called and said our room was ready. This was over an hour and a half after we had initially tried to check in. Once we did get to our room, it was clean and looked nice. I think the management should pay closer attention to the Tulsa event calendar! I would check out other hotels in the area if you plan on attending a concert at BOK unless you want to be incredibly inconvenienced.

Room Tip: The top floor has some really beautiful views of Tulsa. I would recommend staying up higher.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Meryl E,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Katie J
Moore, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

On Sunday Aug. 26 my friend and I arrived at the HI to find complete chaos. People were standing around in the lobby with unhappy looks on their faces. When I checked in about 510pm I was told the rooms weren't ready yet and were being cleaned and it would be about 15 min. The previous night the hotel had a large group of people there and all the rooms were not ready. In speaking with other individuals in the lobby we found out some people had been there since 330pm and still hadn't gotten a room. My friend and I were there for the KISS/Motley Crue concert and I had made reservations way in advance. The front desk people were clearly not ready for the complaints and the amount of people that were hounding them for a room. After an hour I asked one of the front desk people if there was anything besides 2 queen beds...I would take anything and is there no priority for a HI priority club member, travel agent and somebody who was handicapped (I did have a brace on my ankle due to a bad sprain). I was told no. I then asked if they would hold our luggage for us and we would change in the bathroom and go ahead and go to the concert. The front desk clerk said yes she would hold the luggage for us and gave me claim checks for them. I wrote my last name on the 3 bags changed clothes in the public bathroom and we took the shuttle to the BOK Center. The opening act had already started so we sat down to enjoy the show. Throughout the whole ordeal I was posting updates on Twitter and Facebook to my friends letting them know what I was going thru. I never raised my voice or got angry at the desk clerks although there were people that did. I felt it wasn't the desk clerks fault that the rooms weren't ready. Around 705pm I texted a friend to ask if she would call the hotel to see if our room was ready. She replied back at 710pm and said it was. Once the show was over the shuttle came and got us and tooks us back to the hotel by this time it was close to midnight. We went to the front desk collected our luggage, got the rooms keys then went to bed. I've stayed with this property several times in the past and have never had an issue before. As a whole the property is in a good location, the staff for the most part are friendly and helpful. The parking gargage under the hotel is easily accessable and secure. The rooms themselves are nice, clean and comfortable and the bathrooms are always clean. I do think they need a the handicapped rail on the side of the tub rather than in front of the tub. The ice machines are all on the even floors along with vending machines. All in all the property as a whole is a good property. The problem that happened Sunday was a management problem of not scheduling enough people to clean the rooms. We were never offered any type of a price break or anything else to make up for what happened. When I checked out Sunday I paid cash and left. Would I stay at this property again? Probably not until this problem is addressed and assurances are given that things like this won't happen again. I give it a 2 star based on what happened.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that's further away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear rocknrollgal,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you found our location commendable and you liked our room accommodations. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the situation that happened at check in. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Tulsa.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Mannford, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had to leave our home due to wildfires so we stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown. The accomidations were awesome. The staff was wonderful. The resturant food was amazing. Even all 4 of our kids thought everything they ate at the resturant was so good.

Room Tip: Every room is great cause the housekeeping staff is so great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice Hotel. The hotel was fairly close to the venue.
We arrived a little earlier than expected but ... thanks to fast
housekeeping, our rooms were ready ! ! !
Kudos!
Friendly Staff. Great Customer Service.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and picked it so as to attend a nearby wedding. Tulsa is a great town but be advised - there is very little going on in downtown Tulsa. Be prepared to drive at least a mile to find much of anything - especially on a weekend.

The Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center has a decent appearance, but seemed to fail in most every other department. We tried the restaurant twice and each time the service was poor. The first afternoon we used the pool it hadn't been cleaned all day - we knew that because their were dead bugs which had fallen from the lights above the night before and virtually covered the pool furniture, towels, etc. The second time we used the pool it had been cleaned, but the pool towels didn't show up until 2pm. We had different maids the first two days, but both left us with insufficient towels and supplies.

The building has two elevators and the hotel was pretty full. The topic of slow elevators consumed perfect strangers as they waited on each floor. One of the elevators failed completely one evening making a bad situation worse for the rest of the weekend.

On a positive note we were pleased and impressed by Josh at the front desk who was very helpful on several occasions.

I'd like to think this was just a bad weeked for the hotel, but there were too many problems for us to stay there again.

Room Tip: The views from the upper rooms are nice. If the hotel is crowded, however, I'd stay on lower flo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Rick S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It's a pleasure to hear that Josh was helpful with your needs during your stay with us. However, I am sorry about the service you received from our restaurant and I also apologize that our pool facility was untidy as well as the issues you encountered with our elevators. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It is our regret that we failed to provide an exemplary hotel stay experience on this occasion. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center? Share your experiences!