“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This Hotel was excellent. Beautiful Architecture & the updated suites were awesome. A real gem. The staff was unbelievably nice & helpful. Daenae (sp?) at the front desk was wonderful to deal with and the entire valet & concierge staff were super helpful, even recommending a great breakfast spot ( AND giving us a ride there!).
Relaxing in the large, 2-story sitting area in the center of the lobby was a treat. I really felt like we were back in time in the roaring 20's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliments. We take a great deal of pride in the historic architecture of The Mayo Hotel and are happy to hear that you appreciated this as well. Danae has been with us a short time but does a tremendous job at the front desk and is always eager to help our guests. The Mayo lobby is absolutely a treat in itself. It certainly creates an aura of the 1920s that is hard to match. Our staff will be so pleased to hear about your experience. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tulsa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our suite. It was very roomy and we had a nice view of beautiful downtown Tulsa. Very nice bed and great shower. The down side is we tried the restaurant for breakfast and it was pretty bad.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, definitely worth the extra $$
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with a suite here at The Mayo. Our Mayo Suites have a full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom area. Our Executive Suites are all corner rooms that feature a bathtub and beautiful views of downtown Tulsa. I am disturbed to hear about your experience at breakfast. I invite you to call me personally to discuss your experience so that we can improve it for you and future guests. Thank you again for your positive review. We hope to see you soon!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Phenomenal is the only word that comes to mind when I look back at my stay. From the friendly, smiling valet to the sweet girl at the front desk, the staff really put you in a great mood. The beautifully restored lobby will take your breath away. The Mayo has managed to retain its old school glamour while throwing in its own modern spin. When I got to my room the first thing I did was test out the bed that everyone on here has raved about. They are not kidding. Be prepared to sleep on a cloud. I had a Standard King which was extremely roomy for a standard room. It even had a butler's kitchen! When ordering room service for breakfast, the food was delivered hot and ready to eat. Some hotels skimp on the room service, but this food was top-notch! I loved exploring and learning the history of this downtown gem (there's a whole museum in the hotel!). From the service to the amenities, The Mayo is such a special place. I will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have butler's kitchens. Mayo Suites are like an apartment and you will never wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for such a tremendous review. We are thrilled that you saw what we were going for during the renovation of the hotel. We wanted to keep the classic feel of the hotel while providing a modern twist.

Sleeping in a Mayo bed is an experience in itself. I am glad that you enjoyed your room service order as well. All room service is made out of the hotel restaurant, Trula, which is one of Tulsa’s finest. Future guests are encouraged to ask about the history and a tour of the hotel. One of our staff members will be happy to give you the background on what makes The Mayo such a special place.

We appreciate your great review and are delighted to know that you agree with us that The Mayo Hotel is truly a special experience. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've stayed at the Mayo for two of our anniversaries. It's a great location to enjoy the blossoming Brady District and Blue Dome District. Also, a fun location to be close to the Brady Art Crawl on the first Friday of each month.
The staff is helpful and friendly and rooms are spacious. The coffee shop makes a wonderful cappuccino. Trula's Restaurant is still on our list to try.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mayo Hotel as your destination to celebrate all of your special occasions. Our staff is honored that you choose to share memories like these with us. We are thrilled about the progress that The Brady Arts District has made over the last couple of years. The Brady Art Crawl and the events at Guthrie Green are prime examples of what Tulsa has to offer. These make great day-outings for our guests and our front desk is more than happy to provide more information about such during your stay. Topeca is a great compliment to the hotel and a great meeting place during your stay. Our new Chef de Cuisine, Marco Castaneda, has put a terrific menu together in Trula. The next time you are here, don’t miss it!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

During the last year I have stayed at The Mayo over 140 nights for business. In those visits, I have slept in nearly every room layout available—from a single room with two twin beds to their larger multi-room suites. The rooms are well furnished and the beds are the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel. Having stayed at all the major hotels in downtown Tulsa, The Mayo is my preferred hotel.

Regarding their staff, I have found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful—whether it was providing cooking utensils for the in-suite kitchen, arranging for shuttles, upgrading my room, or dealing with loud neighbors.

With the Brady and Blue Dome districts a short walk away and the BOK Center nearby, The Mayo hotel is the finest hotel you can stay at downtown. For those business travelers who like to collect reward points, forgoing the points for a couple of nights to stay at The Mayo is well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your loyalty and dedication to The Mayo Hotel. We love our business travelers and do our best to provide the ideal home away from home while you and others are out on the road. I believe future travelers will agree that our beds at The Mayo are second to none. I appreciate your compliments towards our staff; they are a great group of people and are dedicated to providing prompt and professional service. No matter the request, we will always do our best to meet it. Our premier location makes The Mayo convenient no matter whether traveling for business or pleasure. Although we do not have a rewards program, I am confident the majority of travelers would agree that a night or two at The Mayo Hotel would be well worth it.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the pleasure of having my daughter's wedding ceremony, reception and Sunday brunch at the Mayo Hotel on July 27, 2013. In addition, most people who attended the wedding stayed at the hotel for the weekend.

From the time we drove up to the hotel on Friday afternoon to our departure on Sunday afternoon we were treated in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. From the gentlemen who took our luggage, to the front desk personnel, to the housekeeping staff, we were treated wonderfully.The food was delicious, the rooms were large and luxurious with the most comfortable bed I have every slept on. The entire staff contributed to making this an extremely memorable time for my daughter. Everyone who attended the wedding and stayed at the hotel have not stopped commenting on the service, food and accomodations.The wedding coordinators and banquet manager were a delight to work with. The took all the stress off of my shoulders so I could enjoy the entire wedding experience with my daughter.

My family is from NY and we have attended many weddings and stayed at many hotels in Manhatten. The Mayo can definately compete with the best of them. I would recommend this venue and hotel to anyone planning a wedding or just for a get-a-way weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I want to thank you very much for choosing The Mayo for such a special occasion and also your wonderful feedback. Your words are truly music to my ears. Our staff strives everyday to provide our guests with the best possible experience from the moment they walk in the door until they say their final farewells. In order for us to accomplish this, we have to provide good, consistent service across the board. I am so happy we accomplished this for your family during your weekend at the hotel.

I really believe we have the best sales and events team in Tulsa. Our sales team does a tremendous job and is truly passionate about making each bride's experience a special one. Mike Bennett our banquet manager and Jeff Meldrum our executive head chef fit this same mold.

Thank you again for your compliments. It means so much coming from an experienced traveler like you. We relish the opportunity to share such special occasions with families such as yours. We hope that you come back to celebrate the memories soon!
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Mayo Hotel several times on business and on “staycations” with my wife. I truly believe the Mayo Hotel is the Best in Tulsa and ranks up there with the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff and management work diligently to fulfill your needs and are willing to bend over backwards to make your stay as memorable as possible. I will continue to stay at the Mayo and recommend to all my friends and clients who are in the Tulsa area.

Room Tip: I believe the 7th floor suite layout is the best if selecting the mayo suit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We love our out-of-town guests but it’s always great to see local faces as well. We wouldn’t be here without their devotion. It will always be our goal to do whatever possible to fulfill the needs of each and every guest that enter our doors. We still work every day to better our service but we always appreciate the compliments of loyal guests. Next time you are coming to stay with us please ask about the different suite layouts. Our Mayo Suites, for instance, actually feature three different layouts. Please keep coming back to try all of them so you can determine your favorite!

Been to The Mayo Hotel? Share your experiences!