“Love this Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southlake, Texas
“Love this Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a fabulous stay in a regular room at the Mayo. It had a mini refrigerator with an ice maker. It had hardwood floors and a huge TV. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. The bathroom was wonderful and the bed slept like a dream. The linens and pillows were so soft. I may have to stay again when I come to Tulsa. I cannot say enough about the hotel and it probably ranks as one of my favorites in the US outside of Vegas hotels. I did not try the food other than the catering at a party we had previously and the night of my stay. This is a more of a boutique hotel so there are not that many people working. I had to wait about 5 minutes at checkin but everything ran smoothly. Loved it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during this past holiday season.
Each and every room at The Mayo is furnished with its own refrigerator and flat-screen television. I have yet to find a guest that didn’t enjoy sleeping in one of our luxurious beds. I am glad that you enjoyed it as well.

Thank you very much for your praises. It is great to know how we stack up next to hotels all across the county.

We hope that you find your way back to The Mayo soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was not our first visit to the Mayo so we were familiar with it. We stayed in the Mayo suite. It's a wonderful room. It's like a little apartment and very contemporary for being in such an old hotel. We loved the convenience of the location and walked one block to catch the lighted holiday parade. We'll stay here again..

Room Tip: Avoid checking in during the evening on a fri or sat night in Dec. They were having holiday parties...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for returning to The Mayo. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our wonderful Mayo Suites. During the renovation of the hotel, it was very important to our owners to restore the elegance of the 1920s while still providing our guests with contemporary rooms equipped with all of the modern conveniences any guest would ask for. It an exciting time to be in downtown Tulsa and The Mayo is in the midst of it all. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife knows I love old hotels so my present this year was a night in a Mayo suite. What a treat. The rooms were comfortable. The bed and bedding were remarkable. I loved the shower which was an open stall with a high showerhead that required no bending over. It also had wall jets, a nice touch. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and at night there was a young lady playing live Christmas music, always a cozy tough. Special mention to parking valet Steve who really seemed to enjoy his job and the ponytailed valet who spotted me going to the newspaper machine and found a free copy for me. So glad to see this great hotel opened again.

Room Tip: Try to get an east side room to see some of Tulsa's renowned art deco. The west side only gives...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We would like to thank you and your wife for choosing to spend time with us during this holiday season. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday present; I believe that many people would enjoy a night at The Mayo as a gift, no matter the occasion. (If you are interested you can contact our sales department about purchasing a Mayo gift certificate.)

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in our restaurant, Trula. I am confident that future guests will find that our lobby provides a grand setting to relax and enjoy company or live music (which we often offer on Friday and Saturday nights). I will be sure to let our valet drivers know how much you enjoyed their service. They are a great group of people and I am proud to call them the face of our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your kind words and I hope that you will again choose The Mayo Hotel when staying in Tulsa. I hope that you and yours enjoy the rest of the holiday season!
Pierce, ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently stayed one night and mike at the front desk got us in early and made sure that we had everything that we needed. Case was there also and both were very helpful and friendly. thank you to both of you. the room was great lots of room very clean and well kept. sheets/bedding was so comfortable my wife was lifting all the sheets to find the brand and how we could get some of our own. if we are in the area we will definitely put the Mayo at the top of our list. thanks for a great time in tulsa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
It’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests about how much they enjoyed their stay with us. Matt, myself, and the entire Mayo Staff are always delighted to do whatever we can to help accommodate our guests and make their stay more pleasant. We take great pride in how soft and comfortable our bedding is, and even had celebrities ask where we acquired them from time to time. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in town. Thank you for making it The Mayo.
Pensacola Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving. The remodel and the hotel itself are beautiful. Lots of architecture and touches throughout the hotel that you don't see anymore. The bed was wonderful with the softest sheets I have ever felt. But, there were a several things that I just couldnt get over. My first disappointment was the first morning when I went to take a shower. The water was cold after 6 minutes. I still had conditioner in my hair and was only halfway through with my shower. I got out and waited for 15 mins for the water to warm back up. It did, but was cold again after 3 mins. My husbands shower following mine was cold and it did the same thing the next day. Not okay for a hotel to run out of hot water, especially after that short amount of time, I dont care when it was built or if it is designed that way because there are also condos in the building. It wasn't that busy either. Second, there was black mold growing in the grout in the shower. Yuck! Third, the large flat screen in the room was a nice touch, but the cable was horrible. The kind that every program and commercial are different volumes and you either cant hear it or it blasts you out. Not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless. Fourth, my husband went up to the rooftop bar and brought me down a nightcap our first night. The next day, after housekeeping cleaned up the room, the dirty glass was not taken away. It's something little I know, but it is the little things that differentiate an okay hotel from a great one. Fifth, I couldn't log on to the hotel wifi, it asked me to enter the name on the reservation and our room number. Then it told us that my entries didnt match their records. I had to wait two hours until my husband woke up to call down to the front desk and ask what was wrong. They told me they werent using that system anymore and I needed a passcode. Would have been nice if they told us that when we checked in. The final straw was when my husband and I went down to the hotel restaurant, Trula, our last night for dinner. I didnt get his name, but the man that waited on us, a tall, slender bald man, was an absolute SNOT! He was rude when he seated us, and after two incredibly snotty comments directed right at me, we got up and left. He obviously needs to find a job outside of the customer service industry.
On a positive note, the front desk staff was always helpful and the valet prompt. Be fore warned that this is a highrise in downtown Tulsa, nothing that the Mayo management can help, but you will hear sirens and and trains all night long.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I first would like to thank you for recognizing the beautiful restoration of the hotel and the hard work of our front desk staff. I know that each member of our front office appreciates you taking notice.

I regret that you did not have the same experience in regards to the other facets of the hotel. It is the goal of myself and every member of our staff to treat anyone who is visiting the hotel with the utmost respect. We strive to meet the expectations of our guests from the time they walk-in the door until the time they check-out.

During the restoration, we equipped all of our rooms with a new hot water heater that is individualized to each room, in order that all of our guests have the hot water they require to meet their needs. I also would like to assure you and future guests that we routinely deep-clean our showers so that they look as they did immediately after the restoration of the hotel was complete.

We provide complimentary internet to all of our guests which our front desk staff provides upon check-in. Due to your feedback, we have contacted our cable provider who has resolved the issue and we are now also able to provide our guests with HBO.

I would again like to thank you for providing feedback after your recent stay. You are always welcome to contact me personally to discuss these issues in further detail. Regardless of whether it’s positive or negative, guest feedback is the most useful tool we have when striving to be Oklahoma’s premier hotel.
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We showed up in Tulsa for a concert and were looking for something walking distance to the Brady district. This hotel was a great find!! Wonderful, large rooms, super comfortable bedding! Beautiful hotel, friendly service. We would suggest it to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are always so happy to hear from our guests that they had a great time while staying with us, and will be back again. We love having the concert crowds staying with us to make musical memories and have a great time. Being so close to all the great music venues in Downtown Tulsa, it’s very convenient for our guests getting to and from the shows. Thanks again, and we’ll look forward to seeing you next time you’re in town for a show or just to get away.
hawaiiluver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Mayo is located in Downtown Tulsa. The room was above average; although, I was disappointed in the size of the bathroom and the vanity area. VERY small area and no space for a women to place makeup bag, or even a place big enough for a flat iron! The linens were wonderful and complimentary bottles of water were available on the bar. HUGE flat screen TV. All in all nice place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback during your most recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room while staying with us. We take great pride in our bedding and guarantee you’ll get a good night’s sleep. I am sorry to hear that there wasn’t enough space in your bathroom, though. Being that we are a historic property there are some rooms that are laid out different depending on their location in the building. So, some rooms have restrooms that are a little smaller than others. Our larger suites do provide larger vanity areas and restrooms, as well. When you return to Tulsa, feel free to contact me ahead of your arrival and I’d be more than happy to look into getting you into one of those. As always, we appreciate our guest’s feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to The Mayo Hotel? Share your experiences!