“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
hawaiiluver
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Mayo is located in Downtown Tulsa. The room was above average; although, I was disappointed in the size of the bathroom and the vanity area. VERY small area and no space for a women to place makeup bag, or even a place big enough for a flat iron! The linens were wonderful and complimentary bottles of water were available on the bar. HUGE flat screen TV. All in all nice place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback during your most recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room while staying with us. We take great pride in our bedding and guarantee you’ll get a good night’s sleep. I am sorry to hear that there wasn’t enough space in your bathroom, though. Being that we are a historic property there are some rooms that are laid out different depending on their location in the building. So, some rooms have restrooms that are a little smaller than others. Our larger suites do provide larger vanity areas and restrooms, as well. When you return to Tulsa, feel free to contact me ahead of your arrival and I’d be more than happy to look into getting you into one of those. As always, we appreciate our guest’s feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tulsa,Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful modern accommodations in a beautifully restored iconic hotel. My husband and were married here in 2005, but they only had the downstairs restored then. I think the suites are wonderful and would make a great place for a party or family gathering. Service is a bit lacking, in that the hours of operation of some services, food, or bar areas is limited. But I would stay here again, and in fact will stay again at some point.

• Stayed December 2011
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at The Mayo Hotel, I would like to thank you for returning to see the finished product in its entirety. I am pleased that you enjoyed an aspect of the building that was not completed by your wedding date.

Our suites are indeed some of the most spacious rooms in all of Oklahoma; each of them containing separate sleeping and living areas. They also include a refrigerator, microwave and two flat screen televisions.

Our restaurant, Trula, serves food until 10 PM Sunday-Thursday night and the bar is opened until at least then. Our roof top bar, The Penthouse, is opened Thursday-Saturday night from 5 PM until 2 AM. I apologize that we did not meet your needs in this regard. As a staff, we will discuss addressing this particular issue for the benefit of future guests.

We appreciate the two of you choosing The Mayo when selecting a venue that will always remain important in both of your lives. Thanks for coming back to see us!
Eureka Springs Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's our ONLY place to stay in Tulsa. Walking distance to both The Bok Center and The Brady Theater make it very convenient. Super Staff. Beautifully restored treasure of a building. Nice rooftop bar- although you can't see the view due to the concrete verticals and railings that are apparently original to the building~ probably installed as they were to prevent rowdies from climbing over the edge. :-)
Rooms are Posh. (8 pillows?? Honey, where ARE you?) Very very comfortable. We've only stayed in the suites. and they are Suh-Weet!!
There's a full dining room downstairs- which we haven't visited. But we have eaten in the coffee shop. Nice and open to 10 at night. Valet parking or park your own across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback after visiting The Mayo and The Historic Brady Theatre. Whether it's The Brady, The BOK Center, Cain's Ballroom or The Tulsa PAC; Mayo guests will find that they are in walking distance from all of Tulsa's premier entertainment venues.

You are correct that the concrete railing is original to the building. Typically, The Penthouse Bar is only open Thursday-Saturday from 5 PM until 2 AM, however, due to its popularity we will be opening more often for concerts at the BOK Center that don't fall Thursday-Saturday night. Please contact our front desk to find out if this is a deciding factor when booking your next visit.

You are not the first to rave about our luxurious beds. No matter whether it is a suite or one of our standard king rooms, guest have the pleasure of enjoying one of these beds. We are lucky in that 48 out of our 103 rooms are suites and although I may be a bit biased I agree that they are pretty sweet.

Next time you are in town I encourage you to try our restaurant, Trula, which I believe you will find to be a great spot to grab a bite to eat before the show!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Mayo numerous times over the past year. I am always very pleased with their exceptionally helpful and courteous staff. Their valet and room service is superior to any 4 or 5 star hotel I've stayed in any city. The rooms feature modern design layouts which are incredibly luxurious and spacious, and have the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Their gym has great facilities compared to other Tulsa hotels. The rooftop patio bar is one of the best bars in Tulsa, if not all of Oklahoma. It has a great vibe and they often have local musicians playing. Overall, I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and their management. The Mayo is truly a unique piece of Tulsa history with fantastic amenities that for the price, is the best value in Tulsa. Great job, Mayo Hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your business and the kind words. I am delighted to know that our rooms and service met all of your needs. I am confident when I say; you will not find another hotel room in all of Tulsa to match a Mayo room.

I believe that if you spoke to any of the managers on our staff they would tell you that it makes things a lot easier when you have a great team around you. It is a pleasure working alongside the people who truly make the experience here at The Mayo Hotel.

The Penthouse Bar is definitely a one of a kind experience in all of Oklahoma. As you mentioned, we have live music almost every Friday and Saturday night of the year. The Penthouse is opened Thursday-Saturday from 5 PM until 2 AM. Occasionally, we do have private events so I invite you to contact our front desk for a list of upcoming performances and dates closed to the public.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Mayo Hotel has never disappointed me during my visits to Tulsa. The rooms are always superb and spacious. The staff is eager to make your stay a delight. This restored historic hotel is a treasure for Tulsa and Oklahoma. The Mayo Hotel is my choice for accommodations in Tulsa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for your business when traveling to Tulsa. It is always great to hear positive feedback from our guests; however, it is even better knowing that we met your expectations on multiple trips to Tulsa. The Mayo Hotel is truly a treasured piece of Tulsa's history and we appreciate you taking notice. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel with my family. What an incredible experience. We were travelling from Los Angeles and had limited expectations for a cosmopolitan experience. The recent restoration of this historic hotel is truly impressive. Tastefully modern yet consistent with the lines and spirit of the original building. More importantly the staff is highly responsive and professional. We had a number of moderately unusual requests and both the front desk and other staff really went out of their ways to accommodate us.

With respect to its location, the Mayo is very much central to the cultural revival of the city. The Blue Dome and Grady Arts districts are quite close (reachable by hotel shuttle) and the OK Center is virtually across the street.

We will certainly be back. I work for an entertainment company and will be using the Mayo when possible for any of either the talent or executives that are planning trips to the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I am very happy to hear about your recent visit to Tulsa and to The Mayo Hotel. During the restoration of the hotel, we wanted to keep the elegance of the 1920s while providing modern rooms with amenities to match. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed this aspect of the hotel and we appreciate you taking notice. As a staff, we strive to meet our guest’s needs no matter what they might be. We are very happy we were able to do this for you and your family.

Over the past several years, downtown Tulsa has experienced a reawakening and we are honored to be a part of it. The development of downtown Tulsa is far from over and we are excited to see what this city can become. As the growth continues, we are confident that many others will also feel that they have discovered hidden gems with everything that Tulsa and The Mayo Hotel has to offer.

We are delighted that you chose The Mayo Hotel for your hotel accommodations and we look forward to seeing you back in the future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I went for a night to celebrate his birthday. Let me start off by saying we have traveled the world and stayed in exquisite hotels. And this has to be top of the favorites! You are greeted with a valet immediately then you follow up the stairs to the entrance which a young woman was playing the grand piano. This Hotel has been brought back to life. They have kept with the original architectural design and used this fabulous mixture of modern and old Hollywood decor. They have a ballroom thats beautiful. I would suggest any sort of party here! They also have rooftop bar you can stay inside or outside. We choose both this Hotel really brings you to a place that most don't have and that is detail. We went to our room which was a suite. It was fantastic modern and the bed was to die for the sheets where so soft okay super soft! They also have a shuttle service to take dinner, drinks etc. We had a fabulous time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words and choosing to celebrate your husband’s birthday at The Mayo Hotel. We are honored that you speak so highly of our establishment after your extensive travel experience. The Penthouse Bar is an amenity that no other hotel in Tulsa has to offer. It is a great place to have a drink and watch the sun go down. The piano in the lobby creates a wonderful ambiance and welcomes our guest as soon as they walk in the door. We are very happy that you enjoyed your special occasion and hope to see you back to celebrate again in the future.

Been to The Mayo Hotel? Share your experiences!