“Good use of my $'s” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Hills Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulsa
Desert Hills Motel
You added Desert Hills Motel to your Saves list
5220 E. 11th St., Tulsa, OK 74112   |
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Checotah, Oklahoma
“Good use of my $'s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Other reviewers are correct, this is an Old hotel. If you look at their website you know that. It was built in 1953 and is part of the old historic route 66. We stayed for 3 nights during the Tulsa Home Show. Our rooms were spotlessly clean with crisp clean sheets and pillow cases on the firm mattresses. The owners were pleasant and helpful.
The rooms were comfortable, heat worked well.
I booked the room because I was intrigued with the history of the hotel. I'm very glad I did. I'll be back the next time I'm in Tulsa.

Room Tip: I didn't check to see if coffee pots were provided in the room. (they aren't) I should have...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Not good enough even if at a low price.

Saw three bugs in the room (so assume many more) and a fire alarm somewhere near our room that beeped every minute throughout the night.

The room did not seem clean and fresh. I did not get a good night's sleep due to beeping alarm and the one bug a smacked with my shoe was gone the next day so either a cockroach or eaten by a bigger bug.

I would not stay again, neither at the motel or at the location.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Checotah, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Desert Hills Motel could use some freshening up. Not updating just a good old fashion deep cleaning. The beds were okay as far as motel beds go. The only real problem I had with the motel was the altercation the guests in the room next to us had in the parking lot at 3 a.m. They were yelling screaming and cursing for the whole town to hear. I was quite shocked the manager of the motel never said a word to them. I would probably try to find another motel to stay in next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The rooms were dirty. The house keeping was aweful. Didnt supply clean towels for next day. Was way expensive for poor service. They didnt listen to me when i checked in on how long was stayin then was rude about it.wldnt go back or recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Colne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Desert Hills Motel 5220 E. 11th St., Tulsa, OK 74112
This was our second choice in Tulsa, we were travelling with two ladies, you know Patsy and Edina sweetie, so every motel or hotel, we had to ask the owners for a set of key, so that we could look at every room, when everyone was happy, we would then decide to stay or go, it’s a good idea, as it will save you the trouble leaving negative reviews, this is a real find on ROUTE 66, and should not be passed by, or written off. These places are few and far between and need saving.
Has everything you need, so cheap, and a fab Diner down the road, see review.
Thank you to the owners and staff Desert Hills Motel who maintain the Motel, and I would love to be invited back, for a photo shoot.
All my reviews are written from the heart, and how each place made me feel, I never write a negative review, due to the fact that if I have a problem or complaint, I open my mouth while I am there, let’s be fair and give people a chance to rectify problems, stop all this negativity.

Lee Wood
www.pendlepictures.com

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We drove Route 66 in August 2012 and were looking forward to our night in Tulsa. However, various people had warned us about this particular stretch of Route 66 and, as it turned out, rightly so. When we arrived at the Desert Hills Motel, we were absolutely petrified! A very suspicious looking 'guest' sat on the curb of the motel on his phone, watching our every move. A tattooed hispanic guest arrived with women in the back of his car, loud music thudding away. And a creepy looking man wandered around outside our room. We locked ourselves in our room and peeked out of the curtains. There was no way we were going to stay here; it was totally unsafe. Meanwhile, the room itself was the pits - there were stains on the bed sheets (no surprise - you can book the room by the hour!) and calling it 'basic' would be polite. We went back to reception and asked for a refund, but they weren't interested. I pleaded with them that we felt unsafe. "Nonsense", the receptionist said, from behind her bullet-proof glass screen (oh the irony!). Needless to say, we accepted our losses and went to a Holiday Inn a few miles away - safety is priceless. Avoid the Desert Hills Motel at all costs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am wondering if I stayed in the same place all the other reviewers did. I did come on here before I booked as was Really worried about the room but still booked for some reason. When we got there it looked really cool from outside, especially the sign. We checked in and parked right outside our room. I was still really scared about what I would find but once inside I was really confused at what was supposed to be so bad. Ok it's not amazing but if anything it's a little outdated. I found it to be clean and had no problems with it at all. I'd say give it a go but would be surprised if anyone did after reading the other reviews on here! Also there is a really good diner if you turn left out of the motel and carry on to the cross roads!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Desert Hills Motel? Share your experiences!