You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Joplin, United States
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel in its self was very good, clean, and we loved the pool. The morning staff was very unhelpful and clueless. The breakfast was good. Our evening staff was great. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqairport, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the morning staff that was unhelpful to you, and assure you that this has been addressed and proper actions have been taken. We appreciate all of our guests comments, as it helps us to see where any improvement is needed and where we are excelling. We continuously strive to provide the best service to all of our guests and I hope that we will be serving you again for future travels to Tulsa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
tulsa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel was very clean, modern and very attractive to stay in and the service was good. The only downside was that the breakfast was very mediocre. It looked like it was a fairly new building and everything about it was nice physically. There was a nice fitness room and and indoor swimming pool and a spa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that your stay was satisfactory overall. I do, however, apologize that you were not satisfied with our breakfast items and am looking into adding new items. We appreciate all of our guests input and comments on how we can improve and what areas we are excelling in. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again!
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel in a great location. The breakfast is "real" food and it is actually good.

Unfortunately, there were several problems with our 2 day stay.
1 - While unpacking right after our arrival, I found a half bottle of hotel shampoo on the shower shelf.
2 - After the first night, my husband and I realized the bed was way to firm. We were both stiff. So I asked the front desk if they had a pillow top to put on it. They said yes, so I asked them to have the cleaning staff put it on. I also left a note with a sizable tip in the room for the cleaning staff. (I usually leave a tip every day for housekeeping, more if I ask for a special request.)
3 - When we returned later that afternoon, there was an eggshell cover in a bag on the bed. We ended up having to put it on our selves and it wasn't even soft enough to make a difference. The next day I did not leave a tip; instead I left a note saying that the tip amount from the day before would have been repeated had they provided the service requested.
4 - More problems with housecleaning surfaced as I got ready to shower that second evening. The bath towel/mat had not been replaced; only refolded and put on the tub. So when I went to shower, I had to use a wet shower rug/towel to step out on to. Additionally, fewer towels and wash clothes were left compared to the day before.

The hotel is in a central location with nice amenities. But don't put up with the cleaning issues we did. It is not worth it.

Stayed May 2014
lqairport, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear about the cleaning issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I want you to know that these items have been addressed with our housekeeping department and re-training is in progress. I hope that you will give us another chance so that we can show you our improvements and determination to exceed our guests expectations. Again I am very sorry about room service you experienced and if there is any way that I may be further assistance please let me know. I believe you have my email already.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I can see how this was once a nice property. It has been let go badly. When we came into our room the couch was badly stained and ripped with stuffing coming out. One of the chairs was very close to that condition
on one of the arms. We found fingernail clippings on the table. The carpets need to be shampooed and the hall carpets were Filthy. Trash all around the outside needs to be policed up and the trash cans were overflowing. Card keys had to be reprogrammed three times because they kept losing their magnetism.

• Stayed June 2014
Good Afternoon,
First of all I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you that I just picked out the new design and colors for the couches in the suites today, and as soon as the fabric arrives all of the suites are getting redone. Next on my agenda is getting the carpets professionally done this summer, with all new carpet to shortly follow. I hope that you will give us another chance so that we can show you all of the new things that we are changing in the hotel. We continuously strive for excellence in customer service as well as cleanliness and it is our guests comments that help show us where improvement is needed.
Thank you again for your post and I hope that you will allow us to exceed your expectations the next time you visit Tulsa!
Lamar, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight in one of their suites .It was a mini vacation for us so we slept in and missed the free breakfast.The two rooms were very roomy and sparkling clean.It's the kind of place you check in and want to stay for a long visit.I do wish they'd change the cushion on the bench in the bedroom as it contained a number of stains.The sleeper sofa was a bit dated as well but there's far too many nice things about this place to gripe about such small details.If you plan on staying for any length of time bring along a camping chair so you can enjoy the balcony.( only the suites have these by the way)The location was a business district and there seemed to be a nice amount of restaurants in the area.if you're looking for a place more fancy then Motel 6 that allows pets I highly recommend La Quinta.I've stayed at three of their places so far and enjoyed every one of them! Two small details that really stand out are the pillows (they're comfortable and theres plenty of them ) and their soap and shampoo.( smells like citrus) They really need to set up a shop and offer both to their guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
lqairport, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are always happy to see that our guests enjoyed themselves and were able to feel at home. I do apologize for the stained bench at the end of the bed, we will be updating the furniture in our rooms very soon! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed here more than once now, and will again in the future. I travel with 4 small dogs, and this motel is always very accommodating. I have elderly parents that I visit in Tulsa. Due to them being in assisted living and a nursing home, I cannot stay with them, so having a place that I can stay with my dogs is essential to my visits. It is also great to have a quick breakfast available to me before I head over to spend time with my folks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you can come here with your dogs and feel at home while visiting family. We appreciate all of our guests comments and I will share your comments with the staff to celebrate their success in providing excellent service to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

La Quinta in Tulsa, OK was great. Hotel looked new, service was wonderful, room was large and spacious...all around a great hotel and very comfortable stay. Pet friendly hotel too which was great for us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your survey regarding your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay while viiting Tulsa and thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport / Expo Square? Share your experiences!