“One of Tulsa's Best” 5 of 5 stars

918-582-1964
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
the Chalkboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,137 Restaurants in Tulsa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of Tulsa's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

The Chalkboard is one of my favorite places in Tulsa. The food is consistently as good as any you will find in the city, and the service and ambiance are always nice. There are some other good places in Tulsa, but for consistency and quality over the years, I put The Chalkboard in Tulsa's top-tier. They almost always seem to have some sort of special (as described on their "Chalkboard") featuring a beef tenderloin, and it is always excellent. Their raspberry-walnut vinaigrette salad is always a nice starter. I know, that salad has been offered everywhere now for several years, and it's old news, but I still like the way the Chalkboard does it. Most of the complaints registered by other reviewers seemed to relate to items which were not customary, such as a special Easter Brunch, or escargot (escargot in Tulsa?), so maybe they don't handle the exceptions well - I don't know. My experiences there would say that, at least as long as you stick to a more mainstream meal, you can expect to have a very good experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

OK
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

First time to eat at the Chalkboard for lunch and we had a good experience. One party had the quiche with salad - very ordinary but good. Another party had the beef bourguignon - it was excellent. We will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
usa
“Not so great..........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

A friend of mine was in from out of town and I touted The Chalkboard as one of the best in Tulsa.....boy, was I wrong! Our waiter was terrific, the food, not so much....the escargot are awash in breadcrumbs.......where are those little snails hidden....too bad because the breadcrumbs distract from the delicate flavor of the escargot, and where was the garlic. I then ordered, what sounded like a delicious entree of the grilled portobello mushroom, with brushetta tomatoes, grilled red onion and sauteed spinach, don't bother....the portobello was grilled within an inch of it's life, more like burned on the grill......between the burned taste of the portobello and the over salted veggies it was a huge disappointment. My companion had St Louis Style Ribs appetizer which he did not finish and the Chicken Piccata for his entree, last time I checked, piccata is supposed to be a delicate thinly pounded piece of chicken...this was just a breast stuck on top of some angel hair pasta with a few capers and sauce and called piccata.......I did not taste it, but then again, I had no desire to. The vanilla ice cream for dessert was great though! It's sad that The Chalkboard is OK with serving sub par food, the ambiance and the price dictate more than that! This is my last time to recommend The Chalkboard as one of Tulsa's best!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma
“Below Average Quality, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We had our Easter Brunch at The Chalkboard in Tulsa. I had eaten there before and it was fine, but today was a 2 hour and 45 minute disaster. The waiter was pleasant but we wouldn't see him for 20 minutes at a time. It was one hour between our salad and main course on a price fix menu with limited selections! The lamb entree tasted like boiled meat with brown gravy and the donut and coffee dessert was not as good as a fresh donut. The salad was mediocre and overall it was a terrible meal. No apology was offered even though we remained pleasant throughout. The price was $220.00 for four people for brunch. I will never eat there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Food