“Excellent entrees and drinks, skip the appetizers” 4 of 5 stars

918-582-1964
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
the Chalkboard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,088 restaurants in Tulsa
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Shanghai
“Excellent entrees and drinks, skip the appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had the Duck Hash for appetizers as it was the only thing that jumped out at us on the appetizer list. I think it would have been much better if it was a bigger portion and didnt have an egg on top (tasted nothing but the egg yoke-- very generic 'breakfasty' taste). But the drinks and entrees (gnocci and Beef wellington) were very impressive and excellently cooked. Looking forward to trying other entrees next time. Recommend the Nadia Cabernet and the Hot rum butter batter drink (forget the name, but it's seasonal). Overall great experience, service was good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Good restaurant in a classic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This restaurant is good on it's own. It's not just a hotel restaurant. The menu is great and the staff was friendly.

Visited December 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Somewhat Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

After having enjoyed several lunches at the Chalkboard I thought I would take visiting relatives for an evening meal. I was disappointed and a little embarrassed by the experience. During my call for a reservation I specifically requested seating on the lower level. When shown to an upper level table I mentioned to the host that I had requested other seating. He responded that he had not read the reservation note. The wine list was adequate but one of my guests was served a red that was approaching rancid and undrinkable. It was returned with no problem. It appeared that all wine quantities were measured precisely to the very minimum amount allowed. Salads were well prepared and appealing but the bread service came at the end of the salad. The entrees of fish, chicken and steak were prepared to our order but were painfully small for the price. While the midday fare and service are quite satisfactory, I think we will pass the Chalkboard for evening dining.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
virginia beach,va
“Grade A menu selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

You've got to try the bread pudding with white chocolate sauce! I'm not a big bread pudding person but this one sold me.

Visited November 2013
Collinsville, Oklahoma
“Nice resteraunt at the Ambassador Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very nice little resteraunt. The food is very good. Service is good as well. It's quiet, little spot. It feels cozy, and intimate. I have been here twice with my wife, and we enjoyed it both times.

Visited November 2013