“Beware! Tulsa's Biggest Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Presidential Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8338 E. 61st Street South, Tulsa, OK 74133   |
Ranked #96 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beware! Tulsa's Biggest Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Where to start? First off we book a smoking jacuzzi suite to be told that it was non smoking. But that wasn't the problem...there were cigarette burns everywhere. Now how is that non smoking? There was only a partial roll of toilet paper, near impossible to get extra towels, rude staff, semen stain by the jacuzzi tub. And let's not forget the filth everywhere in the hotel, the holes in the walls, and the coffee with breakfast was left to burn. This place is disgusting and we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: There are none. Good luck and God bless if you choose to stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel had to be the best hotel of all time! I was in town on business and needed a last minute hotel to stay close to where i was working. OMG! If i tell u the place is a dump, it mite be an understatement. Please, i repeat, PLEASE don't stay at this hotel. Its the dirtiest, most run down, smelliest hotel i've ever been to in my life. The morning desk clerk was totally rude. When i arrived from work about 2am, there was no one to help me at the front desk. Wifi? No, how about NOFI! I had no signal in my room. It was terrible. The bed was horrible. The pillows, disgusting. The bathrooms, i didn't even want to step barefoot in the bathtub. I mean, the filth. If you read the negative reviews, every one of them are true. Not one lie. If you see any positive reviews, it has to be someone that knows the staff. WORST hotel ever!!!

Room Tip: Not one good tip. The one tip i do have is, please don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Pros
* Economical extended stay rate - $225/wk
* Rooms were spacious
* Staff was friendly throughout my stay

Cons
* Fixtures / furniture were dated, damaged, and dusty
* Some guests were dressed like cheap prostitutes
* Hotel was often eerily quiet

Deal-breakers
* Woke up with 10-20 bed bug bites on my legs
* Bed mattress and box spring showed signs of bed bug feces

Re: bed bugs, the manager was "shocked" and quickly moved me to a new room (which had a broken refrigerator). He also offered some weak explanations that bed bug bites were actually from flies that made it into the hotel from outside...

I won't stay here again, but if they kept it cleaner then PS could be an acceptable place to stay.

Room Tip: Check your bed / mattress / box spring for bed bug feces BEFORE you sleep in it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Buffalo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last night. I had booked by phone for two nights. Seemed like a good deal and I had stayed at this type of hotel before elsewhere. There were some good reivews and some bad ones, like a lot of places. When I got there, they did not have a record of my reservation and I had just talked to them a few hours prior. We were tired and it was 3 am. Had driven from another state to see my dad who was in a hospital in Tulsa. Had to re-book the room. No big deal. I immediately noticed how dingy the lobby furniture was but thought maybe the room might still be okay. Wrong. There was what looked like salt and maybe ashes on the half-wall by the bed. Dried food on the floor. Crumbs on the arm chair, which was also quite dingy looking. Dead bugs by the fridge. Vents were caked with dirt so much so it looked like frosting or something on it. Beds very small and hard. Pillows very thin. No fitted sheet on bed, just a regular one thrown over it. Only one coffee mug and one plastic cup and no hand towels or kleenex. Only vending is on first floor. Went down to find some bottled water and asked the desk clerk for some hand towels and more cups. Got more towels but he said they had no more coffee mugs. Toilet back was broken also and sink totally scratched up and dingy. I could gather dirt with my bare foot into a pile off the bathroom floor. It was late and we were beat so we stayed but felt pretty ucky sleeping on that bed and pillow...mattress looked dirty...
the next morning I asked for my money back for the second night and we found a different hotel to stay at. Never did find the pool or whirlpool. I asked where it was and the clerk vaguely pointed off in some direction. I searched but never found it. There were no signs. It was supposed to be an outside pool. Seriously, for the few extra dollars, go down to the courtyard by marriott...not a whole lot more and way nicer. It was advertised 59.99 but charged an extra 10 as there was three of us rather than two and we had our little terrier so that was another 10 so I paid 80 dollars for the worst room I have ever stayed in. The presidential suites is pretty run down and dingy...nothing presidential about it. Best thing I can say was that I had hot water for a shower and they gave me my money back so I could go elsewhere the second night.

Room Tip: I would not ever stay in a room here again.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Manager was very rude.
Car was broken into during night. Manager was completely unconcerned, said that it happened all the time in the area of the hotel. Would not stay second night but hotel would not return my money.
Any positive reviews are probably left by hotel staff.

• Stayed March 2012
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I had an extended stay in this hotel. The room was clean, quite and comfortable. The owner and his family were great hosts. Very helpful and cordial.

I will certainly stay in the same hotel the next time I visit Tulsa.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
okc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here Thanksgiving night. Read the reviews which weren't good. Of the stuff I read the one thing I can confirm is that I had no hot water. The hotel wasn't very full but I did not try to use until it was about checkout. The hotel was nice but dated. It was clean. for the value I thought it was a great deal. breakfast was suasage egg burritos, waffles, donuts and cereal. The room had a couch, a chair, a desk , almost a separate living room from the king bed. I paid 5.00 more for this place than the motel 6 so I thought it was great. The room is dated but it was clean The only downside was the cold water which I told the staff and she said I'll check into it but I was leaving so it didn't matter. But since this was on another review earlier then apparently that is an issue that isn't being addressed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Presidential Suites? Share your experiences!