“This hotel was a good value for the rate.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites East/I-44

You added Comfort Suites East/I-44 to your Saves list
Comfort Suites East/I-44
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1737 S. 101st East Ave., Tulsa, OK 74128-4607 (Formerly Comfort Suites Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #64 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Tampa, Florida
“This hotel was a good value for the rate.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because it's located by the Tulsa Expo. Let me just say that this was a hotel that I would stay at again. For what we paid we got a nice room and a good breakfast. Been to many hotels that charge a "lot" more and don't get the quality that we got. The folks are friendly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HIE_Mgmt, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East/I-44, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for submitting a review, we appreciate your feeback! You are right; we offer a great value for all of our guests, from our full hot breakfast to our clean rooms and quiet location to our friendly staff! We look very forward to having you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The room pictures are a lie. Our room looked about 20 years older (style and wear) than the pictures on the website. Almost walked out after seeing (and smelling the room), but we put up with it since we had already unloaded the family and were tired.
Not sure how they get away with the false pictures, but maybe they use the same logic as the pool (see next comment).
Pool was shut down by the health inspector while we were there (we saw it happen), but magically reopened after he left? Needless to say we did not use it.

Hard to find hiding behind a K-Mart next to the freeway. Thought that would make us safe, but someone had their car broken into right next to ours (our only break).
A/C had to shut down due to icing. Not good in Tulsa in August.

I usually avoid hotels with "airport" in the name, but the pictures looked okay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I usually stay in the Comfort Suites Central I-44 when I'm in Tulsa but I figured I'd try this one instead since it was a few buck cheaper. The hotel's location is a little tricky to get too if your coming from I-44 East but straight forward if coming from West I-44. It sits at the end of a dead end road, right along side the Interstate in a rather lousy neighborhood.

From the outside the hotel looks OK, once you get inside it's pretty clear that the hotel had gotten rather run down at one point. They appear to be doing some remodeling, which is desperately needed but much of the old crappy parts still remain. They needed to gut the place completely and start new.

Cleanliness was decent but unspectacular, many of the things in the room were run down looking and the TV was just plain awful, looked like something from 1975. Also, since the hotel is so close to the Interstate the road noise was incredibly loud.

On a positive note the bed was very comfortable, the staff were friendly and the Internet worked well and was fast. Beyond that though I wasen't impressed, honestly the place didn't seem very safe to me, lets just say I was thankful the car was still there in the morning when I woke up.

Overall the hotel is OK, if all you need is a hot shower, fast internet and a comfy bed this is fine but I doubt I would return, I prefer the Comfort Suites Central, the $$$ savings just were not worth it to me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
csamanager, General Manager at Comfort Suites East/I-44, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words. We always strive to offer friendly guest service and we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our property and guest rooms. I do apologize for the construction. From time to time as the industry changes and to keep our guests comfortable, we have to remodel. I do hope that you come back. Crime in this area is almost non-existant and very low compared to other areas around Tulsa.
Once again thank you for your review and please come see us again next time you are in Tulsa.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Just want to let you know that the staff at this hotel went out of their way to please us. They kept the pool open later and also help keep the breakfast open 30 minutes after closing. Realy nice people. I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
cole camp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This is a fine hotel with all the extras the room was quite and clean. The motel staff helped in finding the college baseball fields. We brought our small dog no problem with him he loved the area for dogs in front of motel. I would stay here again no complants here

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

This hotel is a little hard to find, but well worth the effort. We stayed in a suite for two days and had a wonderful time. Beds were comfy, lots of pillows. The suite had a huge jacuzzi bathtub and we ALL enjoyed that amenity. The staff was friendly and very helpful with extra towels and bathroom supplies.

The indoor pool was heated and the hot tub was perfect. The manager was constantly on the move to check different areas and was very nice.

The food at breakfast left something to be desired. The sausage patties were cold, pale and rubbery, but there was a waffle maker and other things to eat. No biggie!

I go through Tulsa about four times a year and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We found this place to be very clean and especially comfortable bed. Nice breakfast, about normal for Comfort Inn. The staff very pleasant and helpful. A bit hard to find but worth it. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites East/I-44? Share your experiences!