“The WORST hotel experience I have ever had!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #83 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Kansas
“The WORST hotel experience I have ever had!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

We booked this hotel on hotwire.com due to a great rate, but you sure do get what you pay for! We reserved and paid for a room with two double beds, even confirmed this on the phone on the drive down, but when we arrived we were given one double to share. They insisted it was the only room available. (We later learned this was untrue as we could see empty rooms with the curtains open and the beds made, but they would not let us move) The carpet was wet and there were knats flying all over the room. It stunk of cigarette smoke and musty mold. The bed was hard as a rock. So bad that we drove to WalMart and bought one of those egg crate toppers which only made it slightly bearable. There was some gross white substance all over the front of the dresser. I don't even want to know. Also, the silverware and frigde were dirty. Trust me, if we had not already paid for the room up front and were not on a tight budget, we would have just switched hotels. This bad experience has soured me on any future stay at an Extended Stay America.

• Liked — the day we got to LEAVE !!!!!
  • Disliked — The bed and the front desk clerks attitude. The manager was nicer, but she was not there until the day we checked out.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I've stayed at several Extended Stay America properties and have never had a problem before, but this particular hotel is way below standard. The decor is tired, TV old, shower curtain ragged and full of mildew. On the last day of my stay, I found a roach in the bedsheets. Guests were constantly having cellphone conversations in the laundry room while I could hear every word next door. Parking was awful. I could never find a space that was anywhere near my room. The dishes in the cabinet were unclean. I've stayed at all levels of hotel and am generally not very picky, but a lot of Motel 6's are way more upscale than this place. There are plenty of other hotels in the same area that are much nicer for about the same price. Choose one of those instead.

• Liked — The full-size refrigerator and microwave were handy.
  • Disliked — Being anywhere near the laundry room is bad.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

This property is the worst I've stayed in that I can remember and that includes Motel 6's 25 years ago. It was so bad I almost drove home (5 hours) after working all day instead of staying overnight. It's dirty on the outside (stairs have a million gum stains) the room furniture was worn, the TV looks like something from a garage sale and the room just wasn't very clean. Cigarette stains on the bathroom counter, shower curtain that was disgusting...the list goes on and on. This was the first Extended Stay I've ever been to and I will not go to another again. How do they stay in business??? I've read that the sister property Stay Suites I think it's called is just as bad. Stay somewhere else!

• Liked — It had electricity and running water
  • Disliked — Where do I start
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central? Share your experiences!