“The reviews are wrong!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The reviews are wrong!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at this Extended Stay hotel as part of driving Route 66 in September 2012. We had pre booked this hotel through our travel agent in the UK and had only really looked at the location. Whilst in St Louis we decided to properly look at the hotels for the next part of our trip. The reviews for the Extended Stay were less than complimentary. They (people on trip advisor) reviewed the hotel as dirty, lots of noise from the Interstate, poor location, unsafe etc etc....These people are wrong!! OK it wasn't the Ritz, but we found it to be clean, the location was great (near bars, restaurants and shops), we had a great nights sleep despite being on the back of the hotel nearest the Interstate and we certainly didn't feel unsafe. I'm not sure what other travellers were expecting but I would say to people this is a more than adequate hotel to stay in for a few nights. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the reception side are further from the Interstate so a little quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. While visiting Tulsa from the UK, we are happy you enjoyed the shopping and nightlife in our immediate area. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I will share your great comments with the staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

On my previous trip to Tulsa in Fall 2011 I stayed at the Motel 6 at I-44 and Garnett Rd. My stay there was not satisfactory due to the potential for crime in the area and the noise from trucks parked around the hotel with their engines on all night. This time I decided to find a better motel at a good price, and Extended Stay America fit the bill. This motel was at a much better location, where I-44 crosses the Broken Arrow Expressway, and it is surrounded by many other multi-story motels and hotels. In fact I don't think I recall so many different hotels and motels being located side by side in one area of a city. I was not as concerned about crime as I was at the Motel 6 location, which was just a few miles east on I-44. Also I was not bothered by the sound of trucks during the night as I was at the Motel 6 location. I was satisfied with my stay at Extended Stay America, since I felt safe, I got a good night's sleep, and it was good value. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is knowing that we were able to acheive this goal with you. As well, it is incredibly motivating to know that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Horrible hotel, from the property to the staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service, great rooms and great surroundings, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of the people who work here. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

this place is very good.. clean and comforting... i enjoyed staying here... could use more channels on tv.. but customer service was EXCELLENT and it was quiet

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

A quick overnighter while burning rubber on the interstate. Friendly check-in, wish for a quiet room was accommodated. But, the freeway traffic flows on both sides of the hotel and a supersized LED bill board illuminates the place at night. The trash dumpster truck comes at 5:30 am - that's your wake-up call. The room was furnished with a bachelor kitchen, which was wiped - but not necessarily clean. There is a difference! Nothing discusting though. Basic cable channels with decent reception. Security guard was very conscientious about his job, made his rounds, checking building and parking lots. Overall an excellent value for a low-need stop-over.

Room Tip: since elevated freeways run on both sides of the hotel, a lower floor room with low room numbers see...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Tulsa - Central. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed for 3 days the first time. it was a bit ruff, however the kitchen, bed, bath was all clean. Then went away for 2 nights and came back for 3 more days. This room was better. I came down with a cold and was thankful that the hotel let me sleep without knocking on the door every 5 minutes. (In fact none).My guess is that they get tired of jerks stealing them blind and messing up the rooms. It is hard to make repairs at such a low rate they charge.
It would be nice if they had one spot for people to go and smoke. Be firm on that.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE. My room smelled horrible. The shower was dirty. There were crumbs on the floor by my bed. There were specks on the sheets and I was terrified to sleep on them. It's outdated. It's ugly. Worst of all, it seemed to be extremely unsafe. There were men hanging out in the parking lot all night, and my colleague and i were approached three times by them late at night. There is no security. It is right by the interstate, and you can hear the sound of the cars. The beds are hard and horrible. If you stay here, you will be miserable, I promise you. .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central? Share your experiences!