“Telephone nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2316 West Cameron, Tulsa, OK 74127 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Tulsa - Downtown Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
New England
“Telephone nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

During my stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Tulsa I had a terrible experience. First the telephones in the room did not accept incoming calls during the entire stay. Even after somebody tried to reach me at the hotel, no one would answer at the front desk. After the fifth attempt, a person answered, only to say that she could not transfer the call to my room since she was not at the front desk and that the person should try again. Because of this incompetent management and malfunctioning telephones at this Holiday Inn I did not receive any highly important messages. This caused great distress by those who were trying to reach me.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Angela M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am very sorry that you had the issues that you did during you stay. I assure you that the property has made many changes since your last stay and I guarantee that you would not have the same experience now! Please reconsider us in the future.

Angela Mobley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during our weekend trip to Tulsa to see the American Idols concert at the new BOK Center. We chose this hotel because it is close to downtown (and the BOK center), without actually being downtown.
Overall we were very pleased. The location was great for our needs, only a few miles from downtown, and we were able to take the back road to the BOK center without even getting on the highway.
The hotel was very clean and seemed to be recently remodeled. We liked that our room had a microwave and mini-fridge. The layout of the room was a bit strange, for example the fridge door could not open fully because the bed was in the way. But overall it was ok. We also liked that each floor has a community balcony that is covered (great if you have any smokers in your group). Our room actually had a private balcony, but we didn't use it much because it's not covered, and it was a rainy weekend.
The hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast. It's actually an expanded version of continental breakfast........rolls, toast, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, juices, coffees, and more. They even had bacon and eggs, even though they were of the microwave variety, it was a nice extra. The breakfast room is actually very nice. it's a comfortable room, like a small cafe, with serveral tables in the room and a large screen TV. Each morning we had breakfast and watched the approach of Hurrican Ike on the TV. We appreciated that we could have breakfast (at not extra charge!) at the hotel each morning, and it was good and varied enough that we weren't compelled to go to breakfast elsewhere. Also, the attendant lady for the breakfast area was very diligent, making sure all the items were refilled, and that we had everything we needed.
We were satisfied with the front desk service, and also the cleaning service for the hotel.
Overall we were very satisfied. This is not luxury hotel, but it was very comfortable for us. I gave a "4" rating, because I suspect it is probably one of the better choices in Tulsa.
One last thing I want to mention: When we first arrived, before checking into the hotel, we stopped at the quickie mart next door, to buy a few items for our fridge. Based on the customers in that store, we were concerned we had booked a hotel in a questionable part of town. That was the last time we had that concern. The hotel and the hotel's guests were fine, also we felt completely safe in that area of town. Must have just been people passing through who stopped at that particular store.

• Liked — Location, and complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Angela M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. The property has made many changes since your last stay and I our team would love to share them with you. Hope to see you in the future.

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

This recently remodeled hotel is Very Nice! The included breakfast was wonderful! Huge variety. The staff was very very friendly. I highly reccomend this hotel.

• Liked — Very nice, newly remodeled - Nice shower, nice cabinets - Great bed!
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Angela M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have many improvements to the property and would love to show you all of the changes. If you are in the Tulsa area we hope you choose to stay with us.

vian,oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

this hotel in tulsa was the most unprofessional hotel i have ever encountered.Iheld my room with a credit card and paid cash the next day upon departure,they hit my card anyway.When I called to get it resolved the front desk attendent stated that the manager was out of town and he couldnt do anything.I then contacted the 1800# on the websight and they told me it would take upto 48hrs to fix the problem.To me I sholdn't have to deal with this sort of problem especialy with the price we paid for our stay. You can contact me at terry_coy@yahoo.com my name is terry coy

• Liked — swiing pool
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Terry,

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience during you stay in 2008. I hope they were able to settle all of your issues for you. It should not have happened. I would like the opportunity to show you the changes that have been made now. If you are ever in the Tulsa area please consider us for your overnight needs.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel on business. The staff was very nice and friendly.

The hotel itself is nice, but the location is not-so-nice. It is located right on the highway, and my room looked out over the highway, and was extremely noisy. I requested to be moved to another room, but the other room wasn't much quieter. The hotel is located quite a distance from downtown Tulsa. Also, the area is not an area I was comfortable in, nor did I safe outside, in at night.

The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. Breakfast the next morning was pretty good....the HI Express standards.

Bottom Line - room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, but the location is not so great. I'd recommend this for a quick overnight stay, but not for much more than that.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the hotel
  • Disliked — The hotel location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Angela M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am sorry that the location was not what you needed. I am glad to hear that the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. I thank you for your review.
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, especially the bathroom with nice towels. The hotel itself is showing some wear and tear. The morning breakfast was very good and filling. The beds were a little too soft but we like a firm bed. We had a balcony room and discovered that the balcony door has a window with a blind that lets in a lot of light at night as well as road noise. So if noise or light keep you awake at night, keep that in mind. Having said that, we did not experience any noisy neighbors so that was nice.

• Stayed June 2005
Angela M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am very sorry that you had the issues that you did during you stay. I assure you that the property has made many changes since your last stay and would love to share those changes with you. If you are in the Tulsa Area and need a place to stay please consider staying with us.

Angela Mobley

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!